Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Rawrgle" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 8:07pm

Animated Symthic logo and FPS

This is more of a heads-up than anything but because of the CPU usage for the javascript animated Symthic logo I actually notice an in-game FPS drop when I have the symthic site running in a browser (chrome) on another screen. This is on a [email protected] and 2 gtx 780s

Just in case any symthic fans were getting FPS drops and didn't understand why :)

Maybe you could offer a configuration option (cookie or profile) so that people can choose to view a non-animated version of the logo?

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 8:11pm

Maybe GIF.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 8:36pm

Firefox uses between 1 - 3% of only core 2 out of 8 cores when it runs in the background for me with Symthic open, are you sure it's causing FPS drops?

It's mostly sitting at 1% but spikes to 3% every 3 seconds or so.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Moon Knight

I didn't participate in off topic so all I got was this crappy title

(279)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 8:44pm

I don't think it's a good idea in the first place to leave anything open while gaming. Even with a beastly PC.

Spoiler Spoiler

Will it protect against STD's?

I'm a fan of the show, but not a "Brony". I don't obsess over it, but I do watch it and enjoy it.

That's like saying "I suck dick, but I'm not gay."

Fuck dubstep

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 8:52pm

I don't think it's a good idea in the first place to leave anything open while gaming. Even with a beastly PC.
I usually leave at least 2 browser tabs (Blog and Symthic), coretemp and mirc open and notice no effect when I turn any off.

On the other hand I'm GPU limted so I might see a difference with a stronger GPU.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 8:54pm

Hm, it is possible it's somehow slowing down games, I am not experiencing any drops whatsoever tho. Are you sure only things you had running were this site in browser and game? One thing I know that drops FPS no matter what is flash in browsers and YT videos.
One thing I know Symthic isn't that optimized tbh (on mobile it just nomnoms battery), but we'll look into that in v4.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 9:01pm

it just nomnoms battery), but we'll look into that in v4.

THIS IS SO TRUE D:

I got out today and was like "let's lurk", 9% in 20 minutes, because if 3g weren't bad already for batetry life lol.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 9:17pm

Hm, animation thing indeed takes a lot computing power (tested with this low-end laptop, mozilla's cpu usage dropped from 50% to 6% when I removed it). I'll see what I can do about it and at least disable it on mobiles if anything in v4.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 9:55pm

Hm, animation thing indeed takes a lot computing power (tested with this low-end laptop, mozilla's cpu usage dropped from 50% to 6% when I removed it). I'll see what I can do about it and at least disable it on mobiles if anything in v4.

If nothing else, an option to turn animation off and replace it with a static PNG?
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 10:00pm

If nothing else, an option to turn animation off and replace it with a static PNG?

Sounds like a viable option too. With quick search it seems there's no any lightweight way to make animations like that in browser, altho I am not an experienced webcoder. Will look into that further when we're done with more pressing matters (BF4 stats frontpage looks badass atm after Sym spent countless workhours on it :D)