Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Open for discussion | Off Topic, A guest's perspective.

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, August 20th 2012, 2:52pm

Okay, no problem.
Anyway, anyone who has a bit of brain wouldn't judge our forum/commnunity just by looking at the OT threads appearing in the recent activity.

... I guess.
You guess wrong then. Most of the time that I check out the forum, the latest activity feed is flooded with complete off-topic crap.

In fact, I am quite tempted to delete my bookmark of this forum. Hardly any kind of interesting discussions come up anymore.
It might be that people have run out of subjects until a new patch/DLC lands, or that I have my expectations set too high.
I would have loved some discussions about specific maps, about the meta-game, etc, but these hardly pop up.

The forum has become imo a circle-jerk of ego boosting between a handful of members, with forced memes and inside jokes.
Which might be fine on it's own, but it's just not for me.
I found a temporary fix for you.
------------------------------------------------------------------

How to hide Off-topics from Recent Activity feed:

• click on Edit profile at top
  • click Management tab
  • click Forums on/off sub-tab
  • uncheck Off-Topic

Note: this will make Off-topics completely inaccessible to you.

Please just call me, Ike.

TheLB95

Railgun Engineer

(871)

• "TheLB95" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, August 20th 2012, 3:30pm

You guess wrong then. Most of the time that I check out the forum, the latest activity feed is flooded with complete off-topic crap.

In fact, I am quite tempted to delete my bookmark of this forum. Hardly any kind of interesting discussions come up anymore.
It might be that people have run out of subjects until a new patch/DLC lands, or that I have my expectations set too high.
I would have loved some discussions about specific maps, about the meta-game, etc, but these hardly pop up.

The forum has become imo a circle-jerk of ego boosting between a handful of members, with forced memes and inside jokes.
Which might be fine on it's own, but it's just not for me.

[rant]

As much of a point you may have, I think I can speak for most of the members of the site when I say that I don't appreciate your insulting ramblings directed at the members of this forum. You complain about immaturity and BLog attitudes but really, you're the only one I see around here behaving like a little child. This isn't the first time I've noted you behaving this way. We're mature enough to point out where we're going off topic and being a little silly and we don't need someone to tell us if we're 'ego-boosting'.

Call our 'inside jokes' what you will, but they give character to the forum, in your perfect world it seems that everyone is a bland, generic person that endlessly drivels stats and numbers. We're all capable of talking stats and balance but frankly there's not much point when we've already sent a report and are awaiting the result.

Don't get all high and mighty here, it doesn't go down well with people.

[/rant]

Soko, Sao, Auto; lock this- it's gone far enough. I don't want it to turn into a pointless bitchfest, that wasn't the intention of the thread.

PC master race!

CPU; Intel i7 2600K @4.3GHz
CPU Cooler; Corsair H60 cooler
Memory; 12GB 1866MHz Corsair RAM
GPU; ASUS GTX 670 (slightly OC'd)
Mobo; ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Storage; 240GB Corsair Force 3 SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD (7200RPM)
PSU; Cooler Master GX 650 Bronze

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, August 20th 2012, 4:16pm

InB4 lock! I moved the hide topic instructions to the following link to ensure it's easily accessible.:

Tutorial: How to Hide Forum Topic

Please just call me, Ike.

This post "jsWAcRbRWlsbJTn" by "fsbrfwfa" (Sunday, December 9th 2012, 9:59pm) has been deleted by user "Autosynthesis" (Sunday, December 9th 2012, 11:14pm) with the following reason: Literally no idea.