Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Sym

Head Administrator

(1,641)

• "Sym" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 10:51pm

Reputation system

I've added reputation system to the forum.
You can rate each post by clicking button at bottom of the post.
By doing so, you'll give the author reputation points depending on your Reputation modifier.

This modifier depends on amounts of posts you have, how long you have been member of the forums and how much reputation you have.
Atm the setting is so you get one reputation modifier for each 3 months you've been member, 200 posts or 50 reputation.
In example, I have modifier of four since I have over 400 posts, don't have over 50 rep and have been member for approx 5 months.
Post amount gives two, and being member for that time gives one extra modifier.
http://symthic.com/forum/index.php?page=…erview&userID=2

You can also give user a negative reputation and even report reputation system abuse.

You can't give rep for one person more than once per 24 hour to prevent boosting.
Overall you can give 14 reputation points per day.

User's reputation is shown under username at each post.
Reputation of individual post is next to rate button.
By clicking this button, it opens a list of people who have gave rep for that post.

If one post gets a lot of negative rep, it gets 'folded' which means that it's hidden by default and can be opened by clicking it.

Let's stay nice and not abuse the system :thumbup:

Edit: You can't give negative reputation anymore
BF3: Objective per minute: World top 1%

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 11:10pm

I guess this is a good way to reward those informative posts that people take time to research and write for our enjoyment.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 11:17pm

I like the idea of modifiers, makes good sense IMO. One question: is the system anonymous or do users see what people rate? I know you've probably already said it somewhere but I'm a catfish and I miss things.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 11:19pm

I like the idea of modifiers, makes good sense IMO. One question: is the system anonymous or do users see what people rate? I know you've probably already said it somewhere but I'm a catfish and I miss things.

People see when they have been rated, however if someone has a problem they can message me and I will deal with it.

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

Sym

Head Administrator

(1,641)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

@ Autosynthesis
Try to click on REP: X button on first post of this topic.

By clicking this button, it opens a list of people who have gave rep for that post.

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

I tried rating the first post of this thread and I can see my name when I click on the rating icon on the bottom right of the post.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, May 11th 2012, 12:15am

Aha, thanks! I'm always hesitant to click this kind of button to experiment in case I accidentally downrate something or press something I shouldn't!
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Sao

(680)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 12:21am

Aha, thanks! I'm always hesitant to click this kind of button to experiment in case I accidentally downrate something or press something I shouldn't!

If you ever make a mistake you can normally mend it. However if you have uber broke it you can just message sym or any of the mods, and we will set it right. TBH this site is pretty robust. Unless your Sym and decide you play with the code, then weird things happen!

My Video

Sym

Head Administrator

(1,641)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 12:23am

Psh.. I already fixed it :whistling:

Sao

(680)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 12:26am

Shush thats not the point!! :'D Im trying to prove you are a still a mere mortal, oh wise one :thumbsup:

My Video