Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Fixed | Chat

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Sym

Head Administrator

(1,641)

• "Sym" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, April 27th 2012, 7:45pm

Chat

I added a chat to the forum.
It's found at main navigation and you can also send messages from the forum main page.

Let me know if there's some problems with it.
BF3: Objective per minute: World top 1%

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 6:22am

Nice! I liked how seamless it was to send chat while browsing the forums in Symthic 1.0. I imagine you do not want to have a chat box at the top of every page. But, would it be possible to create a windowed chat option?

Please just call me, Ike.

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 7:14am

Nice! I liked how seamless it was to send chat while browsing the forums in Symthic 1.0. I imagine you do not want to have a chat box at the top of every page. But, would it be possible to create a windowed chat option?
Yeah I think that'd be great.

Here's an if possible example.

We can have a bar at the bottom of the screen that follows you as scroll always remaining at the bottom of the screen. It could give little notifications when someone leaves a message in the chat, well still being able to use the forum. When you click on the bar a little window slides up and shows the chat. The chat window doesn't take up all of the screen, just some, enough to be able to read the chat and still see the forums. To go back simply press the minimize button.
To get an idea of how the bar will look think of the Com Center on Battlelog, something like that.

Just an idea.

EDIT: I have also noticed that the chat is rarely populated now. I am going to assume this is because the chat isn't as easy to access as it previously was.

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Avosetta" (Apr 28th 2012, 7:39am)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, April 30th 2012, 7:34am

The chat really needs to be like it used to be, visible right away to everyone. Very easy to miss that shoutbox bar in the middle of the rest, plus it's a bit down on the page which makes it less viewable.

leave/join messages take up most of the saved rows as well, and the lack of online list just makes it difficult to see if someone is even listening ;o

Sure you can open up the chat in a larger window, but there's still a lack of people looking at it

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again