Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "SilverMemories" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 11th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 1:21am

Question about suggesting a game

I apologize if someone beat me to it or if this isn't the place to post this.

I was wondering if we can get a Fortnite: Battle Royal section (BR guns function differently then its PvE counterpart). Its gotten very popular, 10 million players kind of popular (PvE/PvP). I've used this site for years and suggested it to people to help them get a deeper understanding of battlefield gun mechanics. I would love to be able to do that with fortnite also!

If there is a website that already has the information I would appreciate it if someone shared the link. Although I doubt it would compare to symthic even remotely..

Thanks in advance to everyone that responds to this thread!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SilverMemories" (Oct 19th 2017, 1:45am)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 9:18am

Sadly I do not have time to add new games on the site nowadays (used to have more time for this when I was starting my studies). I also do not know of site that offers this kind of info for Fortnite: Battle Royal.

However since it is UE4 game, somebody with right scripts/tools could probably extract the values from files unless they are encrypted. e.g. pubg.me has stats for PUBG weapons, which is also done in UE4.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

• "SilverMemories" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 11th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, October 20th 2017, 8:08am

Interesting, Thank you very much for the reply and the information! I hate to bother you with another question, but would you know where I could go and learn how to do that? It's something I am really interested in. Thanks in advance!

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, October 20th 2017, 9:16am

Interesting, Thank you very much for the reply and the information! I hate to bother you with another question, but would you know where I could go and learn how to do that? It's something I am really interested in. Thanks in advance!

I was not able to found too much info for this readily available on internet. You can get as far as extracting all files from the game with tools from (free) UE4 editor (assuming files are not encrypted), but after that you have serialized blueprints which are not human read-able or importable to engine without some modification. I do not exactly what these modifications are, nor I know where you could find such info.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included