Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Friday, September 15th 2017, 3:42pm

[BF4] AS VAL and Groza-4 - incorrect attachments in simple and advanced comparison.

In the game battlefield 4 both AS VAL and Groza-4 are "forced" to constantly have a suppressor.
It is not possible to take the suppressor off or replace it.

But in the simple and advanced comparisons on this website it is actually possible to choose between "none" or a "heavy barrel" attachment for those weapons, which is not possible in the bf4 game itself.

To me it seems that both AS VAL and Groza-4 are bugged on this website because they allow you to choose non-existed barrel modifications compared to what is possible in the game, which results in incorrect and impossible weapon stats.
Kinda funny that in those comparisons if you select AS VAL and give it a Suppressor its muzzle velocity drops down to 0 :)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, September 15th 2017, 5:08pm

Indeed this has been a mistake all along. The problem is that forcing attachment on the weapon in BF4 would require bunch of low level changes to the already-spaghetti-enough code, and as such we never fixed it. I guess one ad-hoc way to patch this would be to remove those attachments from the weapon's selection.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Friday, September 15th 2017, 7:50pm

Indeed this has been a mistake all along. The problem is that forcing attachment on the weapon in BF4 would require bunch of low level changes to the already-spaghetti-enough code, and as such we never fixed it. I guess one ad-hoc way to patch this would be to remove those attachments from the weapon's selection.

Well yea that is probably the easiest way to fix it.

Just remove the attachments from the selection and the most relevant aspect of this problem would be solved.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 4:30pm

In the game battlefield 4 both AS VAL and Groza-4 are "forced" to constantly have a suppressor.
It is not possible to take the suppressor off or replace it.

But in the simple and advanced comparisons on this website it is actually possible to choose between "none" or a "heavy barrel" attachment for those weapons, which is not possible in the bf4 game itself.

To me it seems that both AS VAL and Groza-4 are bugged on this website because they allow you to choose non-existed barrel modifications compared to what is possible in the game, which results in incorrect and impossible weapon stats.
Kinda funny that in those comparisons if you select AS VAL and give it a Suppressor its muzzle velocity drops down to 0 :)

While it is true that you can't change the barrel attachment in the game they are both coded to have the effects of suppressor AND heavy barrel applied to them. Removing the ability to calculate the stats with the heavy barrel would dramatically falsify the displayed data. Same goes for the MP7, SR-2, PDW-R, P90, CBJ-MS and PP-2000, which have a permanently affixed ergo/vertical grip in terms of stats, regardless of what the ingame menu sais (e.g. "angled grip" for the MP7).
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zormau" (Sep 16th 2017, 4:35pm)