Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,734)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 12:04am

should I change passwords on every service where I use the compromised passwords?

If those login credentials are exactly the same you should, yes. Generally it is good practice to use a unique password for every user account you own. That can be hard to keep track of on your own, but I can recommend a password manager like LastPass to save them for you.
I also really recommended a throwaway email for websites that you are only signing up for single use or are something very casual, like ordering a part from a website you will never order from again for years if ever. In addition to a low limit CC you have just for use on internet purchases and subscriptions and the like.

You can also just write all your passwords down somewhere. Sounds dumb but you can hide it well and paper is impossible to hack :whistling:

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: 3rd Testament by Septicflesh!

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 12:09am

should I change passwords on every service where I use the compromised passwords?

If those login credentials are exactly the same you should, yes. Generally it is good practice to use a unique password for every user account you own. That can be hard to keep track of on your own, but I can recommend a password manager like LastPass to save them for you.
I also really recommended a throwaway email for websites that you are only signing up for single use or are something very casual, like ordering a part from a website you will never order from again for years if ever. In addition to a low limit CC you have just for use on internet purchases and subscriptions and the like.

You can also just write all your passwords down somewhere. Sounds dumb but you can hide it well and paper is impossible to hack :whistling:
I honestly worry about breakins and that stuff getting stolen more than a major account with the capacity to do damage getting hacked.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,734)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 12:16am

I honestly worry about breakins and that stuff getting stolen more than a major account with the capacity to do damage getting hacked.

I do agree, but I think you should be wary against both. And I'll be honest, I've had more hacked accounts than I have break ins :P

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 12:24am

I do agree, but I think you should be wary against both. And I'll be honest, I've had more hacked accounts than I have break ins :P
I've actually never been hacked or broken into, but I have had several CCs breached due to company level leaks, not from my cards being skimmed during use.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,734)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 12:33am

I've actually never been hacked or broken into, but I have had several CCs breached due to company level leaks, not from my cards being skimmed during use.

Don't think I've ever lost a card (only had 2 though), and by "more hacked accounts than I have break ins" I mean I've only ever had one :P

yugas42

(1,329)

• "yugas42" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 7:37am

One more bump for non-US timezones.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 4:43pm

Meh, doesn't matter how careful I am, it's always the storage services that leak the passwords...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,734)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 6:16pm

Meh, doesn't matter how careful I am, it's always the storage services that leak the passwords...

Pretty much my thoughts :pinch: