Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

yugas42

(1,309)

• "yugas42" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, February 24th 2017, 6:19pm

Cloudbleed and what it means for you. (All users please read.)

Yesterday a webhosting backup provider called Cloudflare announced that they had discovered and fixed a vulnerability in their service. This vulnerability had been undetected for months up until this point, and has potentially leaked your private information including email, usernames, and passwords. To our knowledge this security breach affected any website that uses Cloudflare backups, and that includes Symthic.com and any Curse hosted website.

Due to the severity of this breach we ask that you please change your Symthic password at this time.
Your password can be changed through this link.

Additionally, try to avoid using a password that you have used on other Cloudflare related websites, the second link provided below is the most complete list of affected websites that I know of. I would also suggest that you change your password to any website that you would like to keep your account for; this is a massive breach of private information, it is likely that you were affected on a website outside of Symthic. I cannot stress to you enough that you need to change your passwords. Over 4,000,000 individual domains have been affected.

Source
Affected Websites

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "yugas42" (Feb 24th 2017, 6:31pm)

yugas42

(1,309)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 24th 2017, 6:20pm

post bump to recent box

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,734)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, February 24th 2017, 6:32pm

Cool beans. Changed now. Thanks for the heads up :)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Dante's Inferno by Septicflesh!

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, February 24th 2017, 8:17pm

Appreciated

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, February 24th 2017, 8:26pm

I appreciate the heads up. I have accounts on a bunch of websites that have used Cloudflare - and of course I learn about this on Sym first. Good job.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,734)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, February 24th 2017, 8:35pm

Quoted

discordapp.com

Fuck! Glad I read that FAQ.

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Dante's Inferno by Septicflesh!

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 24th 2017, 9:05pm

Thanks! Better share this with my friends.

Do you know in what form the passwords were disclosed e.i. should I change passwords on every service where I use the compromised passwords?

Click me!

Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

yugas42

(1,309)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 24th 2017, 9:38pm

should I change passwords on every service where I use the compromised passwords?

If those login credentials are exactly the same you should, yes. Generally it is good practice to use a unique password for every user account you own. That can be hard to keep track of on your own, but I can recommend a password manager like LastPass to save them for you.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, February 24th 2017, 11:14pm

should I change passwords on every service where I use the compromised passwords?

If those login credentials are exactly the same you should, yes. Generally it is good practice to use a unique password for every user account you own. That can be hard to keep track of on your own, but I can recommend a password manager like LastPass to save them for you.
I also really recommended a throwaway email for websites that you are only signing up for single use or are something very casual, like ordering a part from a website you will never order from again for years if ever. In addition to a low limit CC you have just for use on internet purchases and subscriptions and the like.

It's a simple layer of extra protection for your main account and it makes it a lot easier to police yourself for fraudulent charges.

Also, I made the mistake years ago of only having a single CC. It got defrauded a couple of days before I was leaving for a 3 week trip. Thankfully they were able to rush a card to my destination within a couple of days.

BeefVellington

The Real Impostor

(276)

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, February 24th 2017, 11:25pm

Good thing I forgot my Symthic password last week so I've just been copy-pasting the default reset password from my email for 5 days.