Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:09. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 10:00pm

And please suggest features: I will gladly try to provide any features that would help going through the numbers. One thing I am planning is to add possibility to compare values from different game versions.

Part of me feels like damage curve and BTK are redundant. Would be nice to see either/or on the left, and TTK on the right. I think that's fairly easy to implement with the RoF stats.

I added TTK graph on the right. I feel like damage graph still serves its purpose, as digesting damage values from the arrays directly requires considerable amount of brain-processing versus looking at a graph. For now the TTK only includes effect from RoF. Bullet velocity has rather minimal effect.

Probably a bit complicated but a graph or table or something showing spread per shot accounting for the new constant spread decrease would be nice. Maybe just an explanation of how it works like the vertical recoil explanation. Like how the sdec coefficient, exponent, and offset interact?

Also, is it correct that the suomi has no vertical recoil increase?

Better visualization for spread/recoil is one thing I will try to add later. I just have to get the simulations right before sharing them so we do not have too misleading results.

Suomi has vertical recoil: It is the "RecoilInitialUp" value. "RecoilUp" defines how much the increase will change per shot (think acceleration vs. velocity vs. position). I should probably rename the variables to avoid them being so confusing.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 10:19pm

Bullet velocity has rather minimal effect.

Details for a later time.

I assume you could snag kht's and noctyne's hitrater data and display that in figure form at a given range.

I laughed out loud plotting the new SLR/DMR/SMG stats against ARs and MMGs...

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 15th 2018, 10:28pm)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, December 16th 2018, 2:21am

Suomi has vertical recoil: It is the "RecoilInitialUp" value. "RecoilUp" defines how much the increase will change per shot (think acceleration vs. velocity vs. position).
Yeah I read the general info page. But I was just clarifying that meant the Suomi doesn't have increasing vertical recoil since the recoilup value is 0, leaving only initial vertical recoil. i.e. every single shot will have 0.8 vertical recoil, instead of compared to the mp28 where each additional shot has more vertical recoil than the last.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

Date of registration

Sunday, December 16th 2018, 2:18pm

Suomi has vertical recoil: It is the "RecoilInitialUp" value. "RecoilUp" defines how much the increase will change per shot (think acceleration vs. velocity vs. position).
Yeah I read the general info page. But I was just clarifying that meant the Suomi doesn't have increasing vertical recoil since the recoilup value is 0, leaving only initial vertical recoil. i.e. every single shot will have 0.8 vertical recoil, instead of compared to the mp28 where each additional shot has more vertical recoil than the last.

Ah yes. Indeed this seems to be the case with Suomi and bunch of other weapons have same amount of "recoil upwards" per shot.

@InterimAegis

Those are on the list as well, although towards the end of the current "cool to have" list.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2018

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, December 16th 2018, 6:19pm

First off want to thank you for your hard work! Makes understanding Battlefield weapon mechanics significantly easier :thumbsup:

I have a couple questions regarding weapon behaviour:
  • If a weapon has an ADSStandBaseInc of 0 (e.g. FG 42) is that to say the spread of this weapon never increases beyond its ADSStandBaseMin or are there some numbers missing here?
  • If a weapon has negative ADSStandRecoilUp would I be correct in assuming this weapons has decreasing vertical recoil per shot. (Again FG 42 for example.

Cheers for the help in advance! :D

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

Date of registration

Sunday, December 16th 2018, 8:21pm

First off want to thank you for your hard work! Makes understanding Battlefield weapon mechanics significantly easier :thumbsup:

I have a couple questions regarding weapon behaviour:
  • If a weapon has an ADSStandBaseInc of 0 (e.g. FG 42) is that to say the spread of this weapon never increases beyond its ADSStandBaseMin or are there some numbers missing here?
  • If a weapon has negative ADSStandRecoilUp would I be correct in assuming this weapons has decreasing vertical recoil per shot. (Again FG 42 for example.

Cheers for the help in advance! :D

1. I believe spread has similar mechanics to recoil (each shot has "BaseMin" amount of spread, which is changed by "Inc" amount of per shot), but this is yet to be confirmed(?)
  2. With negative "RecoilUp", each shot will add smaller amount of recoil than the previous shot: First shot has "RecoilInitialUp" amount of recoil, next one has "RecoilInitialUp + RecoilUp" amount of recoil, etc

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2018

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, December 17th 2018, 10:13pm

I do not want to hurt anyone, but most of your estimates are based on guesswork.

I've hacked their games for about 4 years. I know how to see how long the "bullet" flies. This knowledge allowed me literally to "perfect" my aimbot maths, and my "Draw aim assist" feature.

Some of the weapons are based on an illusion that something new would have been done (to make the game sell better). That's why I wanted to tell you these things ...

My knowledge is not based on an illusion or on guesswork. It is based on my reversal (the game code). It's all more or less a guessing game here (an estimates, some are good ones but still an estimates). That bothers me. How about the real thing?

I will edit the post soon with a screenshot proof to backup myself up.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "H4x0rBattie" (Dec 17th 2018, 10:19pm)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, December 17th 2018, 11:05pm

@H4x0rBattle

Any specifics on what is being guessed?

Your post is incredibly vague.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Aug 8th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, December 20th 2018, 2:10pm

I have a question about the KE7's recoilup value. It's -0.038, what does it mean? the recoil decrease which the second shoot of 0.038.... ?( ?(

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

Date of registration

Thursday, December 20th 2018, 5:37pm

I have a question about the KE7's recoilup value. It's -0.038, what does it mean? the recoil decrease which the second shoot of 0.038.... ?( ?(

1. I believe spread has similar mechanics to recoil (each shot has "BaseMin" amount of spread, which is changed by "Inc" amount of per shot), but this is yet to be confirmed(?)
  2. With negative "RecoilUp", each shot will add smaller amount of recoil than the previous shot: First shot has "RecoilInitialUp" amount of recoil, next one has "RecoilInitialUp + RecoilUp" amount of recoil, etc