Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:09. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, December 14th 2018, 11:55pm

Battlefield V custom stats pages (WIP/Crude)

Due to technical issues with the Symthic code and other infrastructure, I had to move to create new pages for BFV stats. As a result, these will be quite rudimentary, but aim to provide basic tools to make comparing weapons and their raw values easier.

Find the custom stats pages here (only comparison so far)

Compared to Symthic pages, this one does not provide "pretty names" for variables, but it does not skip on any values either. I write for functionality-first, so things are crude.

Much like BFV stats previously, these are work in progress and I am open for all kinds of suggestions.

PS: There were originally two developers for current Symthic version: One worked mainly on backend while other made the page look pretty and did overall design. Guess which of the developers is missing for these pages ^^.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Dec 15th 2018

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 12:46am

Heyo! Are these stats datamined directly from BFV? And are they up to date? If so I may make some YouTube weapon-comparisons, for example all medic weapons compared etc. If they are accurate I will credit you and Symthic for the stats of course :)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 2:21am

0/10 does not work with Internet Exploder :P
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 4:00am

0/10 does not work with Internet Exploder
You know what's even more funny? Win10 LTSB/LTSC corporate builds still have Internet Explorer =D
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 6:54am

index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=1187

I think something might be broken?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

Date of registration

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 1:02pm

index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=1187

I think something might be broken?

Thanks for pointing this out! Fixed now, forgot to upload a file to server after modifying it. This is what you get when you do not setup proper deployment systems or even version control ^^

@LiquidBlitz

Yes they are up-to-date with current game version (last two updates did not include any changes to weapons), and obtained from the files.
Be careful when interpreting some of the values though, especially spread/recoil ones.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 4:46pm

Be careful when interpreting some of the values though, especially spread/recoil ones.

One potential error, I think, is that sidearms were given a multiplier in the stats when they don't have one in game. Perhaps someone can confirm, but I think the M1911 is still a 3HK, etc.

Also, STG44 has two IADS attachments. Same with the KE7.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 15th 2018, 4:56pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

Date of registration

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 5:31pm

One potential error, I think, is that sidearms were given a multiplier in the stats when they don't have one in game. Perhaps someone can confirm, but I think the M1911 is still a 3HK, etc.

Also, STG44 has two IADS attachments. Same with the KE7.

Fixed the attachments. Mistakenly wrote same shorter name for three different ADS attachments ^^.

I will keep the BTK as it is for now till I have time to include proper multipliers (the "upper bound" part gives quite a bit of leeway).

Also added an option to only include columns that have different values. Makes checking different attachments easier.

And please suggest features: I will gladly try to provide any features that would help going through the numbers. One thing I am planning is to add possibility to compare values from different game versions.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 6:18pm

And please suggest features: I will gladly try to provide any features that would help going through the numbers. One thing I am planning is to add possibility to compare values from different game versions.

Part of me feels like damage curve and BTK are redundant. Would be nice to see either/or on the left, and TTK on the right. I think that's fairly easy to implement with the RoF stats.

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 6:32pm

Probably a bit complicated but a graph or table or something showing spread per shot accounting for the new constant spread decrease would be nice. Maybe just an explanation of how it works like the vertical recoil explanation. Like how the sdec coefficient, exponent, and offset interact?

Also, is it correct that the suomi has no vertical recoil increase?