Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:09. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

rainkloud

jet proximity scan <3

(700)

• "rainkloud" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, December 14th 2018, 7:16am

BFV Vehicle Stats ***WIP***

BFV Vehicle Stats - Google Sheets

Uses game file names for now so sorry if it is confusing. Although I cleared out most of the single player weapons there may still be a few weapons in the sheet that aren't actually in multiplayer. If you spot any please let me know. Would also like to know if you spot any errors in general. Thanks to Miffyli (and anyone else who helped) for posting gamefiles in data browser

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 14th 2018, 10:11am

Impact damage is the first hitmarker you get when shooting a tank, then next one is blast damage? Or it has nothing to do with it. Because with Churchill HESH howitzer ammo, I deal 2 damage + 45-50, while data says it has high impact damage.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, December 14th 2018, 5:36pm

Glad somebody is doing this! Vehicles often require all kinds of manual work to get the correct numbers. Hope the automatic linking in databrowser has been helpful and whatnot ^^.

Just a word of warning though: At least in BF4 the damage multipliers played a big role in vehicle damages, and raw damage numbers can be quite misleading.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

rainkloud

jet proximity scan <3

(700)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 14th 2018, 6:58pm

Glad somebody is doing this! Vehicles often require all kinds of manual work to get the correct numbers. Hope the automatic linking in databrowser has been helpful and whatnot ^^.

Just a word of warning though: At least in BF4 the damage multipliers played a big role in vehicle damages, and raw damage numbers can be quite misleading.

Hmm don't know about automatic linking - I mean the data browser itself is amazing but I gather you mean there was something else that can make the sheet more efficient? Is it possible to summarize what that could do to benefit the process?

And yes it bears repeating that the material modifiers are HUGE in portraying the actual effect of a weapon. Otherwise looking at the light tanks that auto cannon looks like a vehicle destroyer when in reality it is much more modest. I hope DICE will send me an XMAS present with the modifiers so I can do a chart. Unfortunately, since practice range is super limited right now I can't even figure them out through manual testing.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, December 14th 2018, 7:10pm

Hmm don't know about automatic linking - I mean the data browser itself is amazing but I gather you mean there was something else that can make the sheet more efficient? Is it possible to summarize what that could do to benefit the process?

I referred to "parse local links" function in the databrowser I use quite often to get around the files whenever I need to check something. Doing something that works better would be cool, but I am too lazy for that ^^.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 19th 2018, 9:42pm

Uses game file names for now so sorry if it is confusing. Although I cleared out most of the single player weapons there may still be a few weapons in the sheet that aren't actually in multiplayer. If you spot any please let me know. Would also like to know if you spot any errors in general. Thanks to Miffyli (and anyone else who helped) for posting gamefiles in data browser

Sorry I had a little trouble following, but this is really really great. Which rounds correspond to which nodes in the specialization trees?

rainkloud

jet proximity scan <3

(700)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 20th 2018, 2:12am

Sorry I had a little trouble following, but this is really really great. Which rounds correspond to which nodes in the specialization trees?

I believe anything that is HE is the default shell.

Some of the others are spelled out like HESH is HESH obviously.

Some others are tricky like the Tiger AT is the HEAT-T shell.

Is that kinda what you were looking for?

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2018

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, December 26th 2018, 1:47pm

Both BF109s can have a MG config where they gain dual 20mm cannons on the wings. The G-2 upgrade text implies that that this config is 2 LMGs+2HMGs while the G-6 upgrade text implies only 1 LMG. The stats don't really make it obvious to me if it is true, through gameplay they also feel the same. So what is the case here, are those MG configs different, or are they the same?

rainkloud

jet proximity scan <3

(700)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 28th 2018, 12:40am

Both BF109s can have a MG config where they gain dual 20mm cannons on the wings. The G-2 upgrade text implies that that this config is 2 LMGs+2HMGs while the G-6 upgrade text implies only 1 LMG. The stats don't really make it obvious to me if it is true, through gameplay they also feel the same. So what is the case here, are those MG configs different, or are they the same?

Let me hop on the practice range to test out. Oh wait, no upgrades.

Well then let me hop onto an empty server. Oh wait vehicles don't spawn until enough people join.

I'd love to answer your question but until I have better testbeds I can only speculate. Not really playing actively until the lvl 50 CC bug is fixed.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, December 28th 2018, 9:01pm

Also - I completely missed that some upgrades modify your main gun and others add an extra ammo type. Do we know which behave which way?