Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:09. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "godsgifttoearth" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, December 10th 2018, 8:40pm

which pistol is recommended?

I've been using the repeater pistol as it feels like it has the fastest TTK and is reasonable at range when slowing down my click rate. P08 feels consistent at all ranges. revolver I can't make my mind up over. ignoring the headshots up close, the bullets feel super slow compared to p08 and repeater pistol so is inconsistent outside of 5m.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, December 10th 2018, 8:57pm

I personally prefer the M1911's stopping power up close, but I also like the Steyr 1912 quite a bit.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 10th 2018, 10:09pm)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, December 10th 2018, 10:03pm

Yeah M1911 for the damage and firerate. Revolver for more stopping power if you are accurate.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 11th 2018, 7:21pm

I see no reason to go with anything but the Ruby. Biggest magazine with fast RPM and reload, what's not to like?

The Revolver is also decent if you have good aim but its damage drop-off is awful. It's still quite useful as a CQC bolt-action finisher.
Fix X, break Y.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Tuesday, December 11th 2018, 7:28pm

I see no reason to go with anything but the Ruby. Biggest magazine with fast RPM and reload, what's not to like?

Ruby has a lousy damage model. R1912 and M1911 perform much better out to 30 m.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 11th 2018, 11:36pm

Ruby has a lousy damage model. R1912 and M1911 perform much better out to 30 m.

Ah yeah I guess they fill a niche then. I seldom try using my sidearms out of face-to-face ranges.
Fix X, break Y.

Date of registration
: Jan 6th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, December 24th 2018, 3:46pm

The German pistols are very similar all-rounder sidearms, with the Luger having a significantly faster bullet velocity. These are your standard sidearms, and should compare the others against them.

Statistically the M1912 Steyr is has the most killing potential. Good damage model and numbers combined with a high rate of fire. You pay for it in lengthy reloads and a smaller clip-size. This brings the highest chance of winning engagements at most ranges (within 30-40m) out of all pistols, provided you can land your shots before you reload.

The Revolver is great if you can consistently be within 12m and can hit 3 shots in a row (2 within 7m), but once you mess a single shot up, you're better off with anything else.

The Colt 45. has better damage per shot, and can 3HK within 7m, so if you are within that range, or you're needing to take pauses between shots (thereby not capping at the fire-rate), this is slightly better.

The Ruby has a larger magazine, a quick reload and high RoF, but piss poor damage and damage drop-off. In long fights where you're using your sidearm a lot, this becomes more useful, but you're less likely to win single engagements versus other pistols. It's also decent as a finisher to the high-damage bolt-actions.

The Liberator is statistically the same as the Colt 45., except you get more style points for the abysmal reload.