Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:09. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, December 13th 2018, 12:03pm

So I just got home from work to see another small patch, 1.06 has finished installing. Please tell me they have gone back on the 1.05 btk change! As far as I can tell the change hasn't affected vehicle weapons at all and my HMG is still 3hk, which is nice but it has really made infantry play worse.

Edit: as far as I can tell, vehicles haven't had their btk changed

One way to avoid the btk change - YouTube

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hau_ruck" (Dec 13th 2018, 1:42pm)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, December 13th 2018, 12:15pm

According to the BF Forums 12-13-2018 update thread, it just fixes fortifications being broken.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, December 13th 2018, 1:07pm

Am I right that the TTK update was serverside only, because I never downloaded anything but the two patches breaking the fortifications two days ago and It's hotfix today.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, December 13th 2018, 1:20pm

Am I right that the TTK update was serverside only, because I never downloaded anything but the two patches breaking the fortifications two days ago and It's hotfix today.

Yep, server side. No weapon stars have been changed directly for ttk 2.0, only body part damage multipliers. If the TTK experiment is successful I expect we'll see a patch that puts bullet damage in line with the new TTK and reverts the damage multipliers to 1x.
bob

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, December 18th 2018, 2:52am

The Assault's version of the BREN I suppose.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 18th 2018, 10:12am

I thought it would go to the Medic class, as it is a bit redundant in the Assault line.

Edit: Oh it was a christmas gift from DICE, which is pretty sweet. I had assumed they would do this. That is why I figured the medic would get it, as they will not receive a new weapon until, at least mid january. It definitely looks like it will perform similar to the Bren, or a beefed up MP40.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (Dec 18th 2018, 10:20am)

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, December 18th 2018, 10:17am

I thought it would go to the Medic class, as it is a bit redundant in the Assault line.
Why? It's a true carbine with a shortened rifle cartridge.

Could you provide us damage and muzzle velocity values, please?
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 18th 2018, 10:24am

I would have hoped they would add a "carbine" weapon class for the medic which would include the Ribeyrolles and the Danuvia 43M, as DRUNKKZ3 said they were considering to give the medic mid-range weapons. As the Medic only has one weapon class so far, and I would assume they want to leave the engagement distance roughly the same, but close the gap between SMGs and ARs, it would have been a natural choice, especially since the Ribeyrolles is rather obsolete in the AR class, beside the bipod, which probably also works differently with spread from the LMGs.

Date of registration
: Oct 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, December 18th 2018, 11:59am

RIP new TTK, I had my best game with you. (62/10 with a useless low RPM Sten).

I'm just glad the whining is over.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, December 18th 2018, 1:44pm

Check the data browser - it’s 600 m/s. At 50 m, the Ribeyrolles seems to have the best effective TTK of all assault automatics at the expense of close quarters speed, plus a bipod. Might be a fun little gem, particularly on defense.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 18th 2018, 1:50pm)