Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, December 8th 2018, 11:48pm

BFV Overture FTK

As usual, 100k center mass shots using 15 rb in a 60Hz environment. If a weapon does not have at least 15 rounds, its maximum mag size is used instead. Vertical recoil is perfectly countered.

ADS stationary and hipfire moving are the states the shooter is in. In the case of the MG34 and MG42 these are not hipfire buffs. ADS Bipod and ADS without bipod are displayed instead of ADS bipod and hipfire. Previously the hipfire data was basically irrelevant and useless so we'll try displaying something a little more useful instead.

There were some minor data input errors last time that were fixed so that will explain some performance differences outside of what the patch notes explicitly listed. I'll try to automate the whole process so that this doesn't happen anymore.

Another explanation for changes you may see will be due to sample size. For ranges where your weapon lacks lethality, the results will be incredibly unstable due to lack of samples.

Another difference you'll see is in CQB. Since the 4BTK isn't at a weird distance anymore, I went back to more uniform range steps. Instead of 8 and 11m the first two are now 5 and 10m.

Assault

M1907

RIBEYROLLES

SG15

StG44

AGM41

G15

G43

M1CARBINE

SL1916

TURNER

Medic

EMP

M1928A1

MP28

MP34

MP40

STEN

SUOMI

Support

BREN

FG42

KE7

Lewis

MG34

MG42

VGO

Recon

Auto8

RSC

SL1906

ZH29

Full album here

Tides of War drops here

Condensed spreadsheet here

The STG44 is worth picking again. It can now truly split the difference between the M1907, SG15, and the semis. It is better at range than the first two and better at CQB than the semis instead of only managing to match semis at best.

The STEN is much closer to the MP40 now and makes the ease of use factor a lot more compelling.

The KE7's nerf makes it resemble the current STG44 instead of the Beta's. I think the nerf has given more room for the BREN to shine which is good. The FG42 is a bit underwhelming right now but only by a bit. The deciding factor will be the parameters outside these charts.

Again, I'd like to see 15m 4 BTK. It'd make the 4 BTK matter more and would benefit SMGs the most because of their hipfire.

The Tides of War weapons like the VGO will come later.

kht's reddit thread
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Yesterday, 2:52am)

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, December 9th 2018, 1:32am

Love it! Thank you!
I’ve been sticking with the Lewis for support and loving it

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, December 9th 2018, 2:18pm

Color me dumb, but what does the "F" stand for in "FTK"?

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, December 9th 2018, 3:27pm

Frames to Kill

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, December 9th 2018, 5:35pm

If you guys had to give recommendations to console players that weren't terribly great at compensating for recoil, what would they be? For example I've noticed that I'm much more lethal with the mp40 than with the sumi and that surprised me.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, December 9th 2018, 6:02pm

Frames to Kill

AaaAAAAAaaaah. I see.

So this is just holding down the trigger (or pulling it as rapidly as possible?) and letting the combination of spread and horizontal recoil wander where it will?

Also:

ADS stationary and hipfire moving are the states the shooter is in.

If it's ADS stationary, what is meant by "full left" and "full right" in the ADS chart titles? Never mind, I just read the reddit post.

Date of registration

Sunday, December 9th 2018, 8:03pm

If you guys had to give recommendations to console players that weren't terribly great at compensating for recoil, what would they be? For example I've noticed that I'm much more lethal with the mp40 than with the sumi and that surprised me.

Use iron sights unless otherwise noted

Assault: SG1-5, M1907 SF, Turner (Irons, Aperture, or 3x), G1-5 (Irons, Aperture, or 3x scope)
Medic: MP34 and MP40 full right tree
Support: KE7, Bren Gun, MG34 on bipod (don’t get fire rate upgrade)
Recon: RSC (Aperture sight for no glint). I think the RSC is much more effective/forgiving in practice than on paper.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 10th 2018, 3:03am)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, December 10th 2018, 5:01am

Crouch for 30% less Vertical Recoil, do this as much as is practical for the situation you're in (prone gives 50% less).
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Monday, December 10th 2018, 5:03pm

If you
Crouch for 30% less Vertical Recoil, do this as much as is practical for the situation you're in (prone gives 50% less).

If you crouch all the time, the VRec spec is pointless too - it's like getting an extra perk.

Second, what differentiates the G43 from the AGM42? Seems like worse hipfire on the AGM, so what is its benefit? EDIT: Looks like 4HK over all ranges at 449 RPM.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 10th 2018, 10:51pm)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, December 10th 2018, 10:58pm

@InterimAegis

Eternal 2HK to the head. At 449 RPM. It's basically an M1C that sacrifices mag capacity for better minDamage.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.