Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 10:52pm

I am now really confused. I am on XB1. I have followed @BleedingUranium 's FANTASTIC guide on FOV and USA. Because enemies are literally hard enough to see directly in front of my face, I play on the minimum FOV (50) for the most non-ADS zoom possible. I have tried ADS FOV settings ON and OFF, and I still can't get my 1x zooms to render correctly. Effectively, I can never use a Nydar or a Reflex because it makes it impossible to see anything by zooming my sight picture out every time. It's so jarring. I have just been using iron sights exclusively recently and as a result have been performing much much better.

How do I properly set up my FOV and ADS so I can use 1x sights? Is this a bug?
To clarify: With ADS FoV scaling turned on and 50 FoV, 1x sights zoom out?

If this is the case then it is indeed a bug.

The default behavior (ADS FoV scaling off) makes it so a 1x zoom sight is 1x zoom of 55 FoV. So if you have a set FoV of 80 then a 1x sight will still be 55.

ADS FoV Scaling On makes it so zoom is calculated based on your set hipfire FoV rather than the default of 55. So now with a set FoV of 80 the 1x sight will now be 80. I guess it somehow breaks since your set FoV is lower than the default of 55 and it reverts to the default fov scaling or something like that.

• "InterimAegis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 10:54pm

To clarify: With ADS FoV scaling turned on and 50 FoV, 1x sights zoom out?

I tested and found exactly this effect this morning, but obviously I was dumb enough to not take screenshots. I don't know when I might be able to play again reproduce it. However, I would expect anyone on XB1 can set their FoV to the minimum, slap on a 1x, and mimic the same effect.

• "InterimAegis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Monday, December 10th 2018, 5:18pm

Double post and all (sorry!!), but this is an important one. Something is definitely broken with ADS FOV, at least on XB1.

For 1x sights, zoom is exactly correct at 55 FOV, 1x sights zoom in >55 FOV, 1x sights ZOOM OUT <55 FOV. Definitely needs to be looked at, so we should figure out the best way to get this attention...

EDIT: I have started a post on r/battlefieldv

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 10th 2018, 8:35pm)