Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,421)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 9:46pm

I really wonder if there are any discrepancies between the platforms, because this is potential balance issue. On PC for me I was always at 18-19% for automatics, excluding MGs. Semi-autos range between 25-30%. I would consider this average. I've also always thought for automatics that everyone would balance out between 16-24%. If on console this is decisively different it could create a whole new meta. With autorotation now gone would you think this has an impact on accuracy on console?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 10:15pm

Accuracy is a pointless statistic because of something called Suppression.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 11:16pm

Just because the suppression mechanic makes accuracy noisy doesn’t mean it’s pointless. I, as an individual, am more accurate with more statistically accurate weapons. That implies the signal to noise ratio is good enough to derive meaningful results.

I really wonder if there are any discrepancies between the platforms, because this is potential balance issue. On PC for me I was always at 18-19% for automatics, excluding MGs. Semi-autos range between 25-30%. I would consider this average. I've also always thought for automatics that everyone would balance out between 16-24%. If on console this is decisively different it could create a whole new meta. With autorotation now gone would you think this has an impact on accuracy on console?

Long-range sniping is definitely harder on console. It’s doable if you’re amazing. The reduction in autorotation from BF1 is noticeable and beneficial to me.

With that said, the meta is definitely different. Single firing at 449 RPM is REALLY hard unless you have trigger stops on your controller. You almost never get full DPS, so the M1A1 is just nowhere near as good as it is on PC if you can’t access 400+ RPM. Weapons with lots of vertical recoil are much better on PC because it’s easier to counteract with a mouse. Looking at the Suomi and Thompson in particular.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 6th 2018, 11:23pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 11:22pm

Suppression doesn't do anything anymore though, does it? Or do you mean, people will spray at far away targets to get the "suppressed enemy" points/spot them in the case of Support players?

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 11:46pm

With that said, the meta is definitely different. Single firing at 449 RPM is REALLY hard unless you have trigger stops on your controller. You almost never get full DPS, so the M1A1 is just nowhere near as good as it is on PC if you can’t access 400+ RPM. Weapons with lots of vertical recoil are much better on PC because it’s easier to counteract with a mouse. Looking at the Suomi and Thompson in particular.

I strongly disagree. The most powerful asset of the M1A1 isn't just its fire rate, its that its effective fire rate is also its fire rate at almost every range. I've seen people just lazershoot fuckers out in the open 100m away

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 11:50pm

I strongly disagree. The most powerful asset of the M1A1 isn't just its fire rate, its that its effective fire rate is also its fire rate at almost every range. I've seen people just lazershoot fuckers out in the open 100m away

But you can do that with a better and more sustainable damage model on the Turner or with a similar but more sustainable damage model on the 1-5. All DMRs are lasers at MAX RPM center mass out to 140 m according to spread statistics (not my work - @NoctyrneSAGA ‘s)

To be more clear, I’m saying your argument is not unique to the M1A1.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 7th 2018, 12:06am)

Date of registration
: Jul 13th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, December 7th 2018, 12:26am

I don't know if this has already been answered but are there plans for a weapon chart for BFV?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, December 7th 2018, 12:56am

I don't know if this has already been answered but are there plans for a weapon chart for BFV?

Something more easily-digestable is slowly building up. We just have to tweak the chart layout a bit due to spread/recoil mechanics and such ^^'
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jul 13th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, December 7th 2018, 4:11am

Something more easily-digestable is slowly building up. We just have to tweak the chart layout a bit due to spread/recoil mechanics and such ^^'

Ok cool, I've been working on a chart myself, curious what you guys come up with

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, December 7th 2018, 11:38am

Do you mean useless because being suppressed messes with one's accuracy (which it doesn't seem to be the case anymore, but it should), or because missing can still be effective?

Do you mean it's worthless as a performance assessment/analysis metric, or as a dick measurer?

I think it's reasonable to compare one's accuracy with the various SMGs, for example, to get some data on what characteristics suit one's playstyle (or at least contribute to htting). Comparing one's own accuracies might also help shed light on interesting situational things, too; for example, I wouldn't be surprised if my MP40 accuracy is lower than my MP28 accuracy, even though it seems more accurate "on paper", because I'm more willing to gamble ammo on longer-range shots with it. I think, with a sufficiently large sample size, a study of accuracy differences between platforms might be interesting, too.

As a dick size metric, though, I think it's kind of like K/D ratio (or any other single variable, really): it's available, and it makes you feel good when it's a big number, but by itself not really any kind of indicator of player performance.