Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,928)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 11:01pm

I have updated the databrowser with the Overture patch (including the changelog), and created new raw dump of values here.

@rainkloud
I figure they are in the binary somewhere, at the very least. If anybody, the guys working on Frosty toolsuite would know where it is stored / how it could be read.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 11:09pm

I have updated the databrowser with the Overture patch (including the changelog), and created new raw dump of values here.

I will update this post as I go...

• SMG SIPS reduced by 10% (0.25 --> 0.225). To compensate, the standing base spread specialization received a slight nerf (0.2 --> 0.06 instead of 0.05)

• STEN HRec double buff was pretty minor (0.14 --> 0.127)
    I would say that this makes the STEN a viable competitor to the MP40. You trade 0.01 HRec and a faster reload for 40 m/s in bullet velocity (495 vs 455 m/s). The EMP with it's un-upgradable 0.175 HRec and poor bullet velocity (420 m/s) gets left behind for good now.

• New stat fields were added: ADS[STANCE]RecoilInitialUp & ADS[STANCE]BaseSpreadDistExp
    Pretty confused about vertical recoil with this new field. Some weapons now list a VRec that is nonzero. Others still have zero - could be an extraction/WIP bug too.

• AR moving spread SIPS increased (0.225 --> 0.25).

• 5HK range of sidearms seem to be increase by 5 m (M1911 25 --> 30 m)

This post has been edited 10 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 5th 2018, 11:45pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 11:47pm

5HK range of sidearms seem to be increase by 5 m (M1911 25 --> 30 m)

Oooo does that mean Mk VI range buffs too? 8o
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 12:34am

Oooo does that mean Mk VI range buffs too?

25 m dropoff point moved to 30 m (3HK range buff)

70 m dropoff point move to 75 m (good luck with the Webley at that range.....)

Date of registration
: Dec 5th 2018

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 12:56am

Thank you guys. I am new here and I really like BF5. But who can tell me what's the meaning of "mag"?

"Magazine" or "Magnitude", depending on the context.
Thank you very much! :)

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 6:23pm

(Offtopic: I am glad to see senseis pmax and InterimAegis around once again )

Well, shucks. I'm happy to be on the Council, but I'm not quite sure you should grant me the rank of Master.

There are so many variables for each weapon now (which interact in ways we don't understand) that it's difficult to draw conclusions from them. For example:

New stat fields were added: ADS[STANCE]RecoilInitialUp & ADS[STANCE]BaseSpreadDistExp
Pretty confused about vertical recoil with this new field. Some weapons now list a VRec that is nonzero. Others still have zero - could be an extraction/WIP bug too.

And even before the update we had, for example

Source code

ADSStandBaseSpreadDecCoef: 4.5
    ADSStandBaseSpreadDecExp: 0.75
    ADSStandBaseSpreadDecOffset: 1

three different values governing standing ADS spread recovery alone. Now, I might have some guesses about the way in which these numbers dictate the spread recovery mechanics of a particular weapon, but probably no good way to test my hunches, even with the newly-released practice range.

Speaking of the practice range, the post-update minimum spreads now look like this:

On the practice range, that huge blue circle for the MMGs seemed to be correct; no matter what I rested the weapon on (including the ground), it jumped around like crazy and shot all over the place. The MGs 34 and 42 seemed useless. However, in an online match, the MG34 (at least; I haven't unlocked the MG42 yet) seemed to perform more or less how it had been pre-update. So that's just one more weird thing happening.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,928)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 6:33pm

As far I have understood it, the recoil values do not reflect how much recoil is increased per shot: They indicate how much the increase changes per shot (like acceleration). Hence the initial vrecoil means how much the first shot will increase recoil, and recoil-up means how much more recoil the next shot causes. With this many of the numbers make some sense.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 6:58pm

Interesting, I had been really curious about the RoF boost setup for the MP 34. The lower RoF laser beam is what I'm intending to go with (it's my next unlock), but I did notice the RoF upgrade puts it at a higher RPM than a sizable amount of the other SMGs.

I finally got to the MP34 last night. Right tree is really good (for SMGs at least). My accuracy stat for the MP34 is about 6% higher than the MP40, even though I haven’t gotten to the spread spec at level 4 yet. I’ll test the left tree this weekend. Just for fun, a 5% percent boost to accuracy means I hit about 20% more shots with the MP34, which means I actually kill faster with it on average than the higher RPM STENP40 duo outside of 10 m.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 6th 2018, 8:17pm)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,421)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 9:23pm

Ypu are both on console, right? I do wonder what your average accuracy stats are for the SMGs, then? On PC my pre-patch MP 40 was the best at 19.73% and the EMP now has an accuracy of 20.3%. Maybe the accuracy discrepancies between platforms can make a difference.

Date of registration

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 9:28pm

With SLRs and DMRs I’m 28-35% on console depending on the weapon. With automatics, 15-25%. The low end is suppression oriented weapons for support. I’ve experienced a significant decrease in accuracy from BF1 because without spotting, I’m taking many more low-percentage shots.