Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, November 29th 2018, 9:30pm

The Liberator uses the same .45ACP round as the M1911, and that's how it will stay. It's a humiliation weapon, use it as such. Find something to pair it with that does enough damage to make it 1HK as a finisher.

Yes, It should very much be useless on its own.

However, It should also be somewhat more consistent, and I find a large deploy time for a gun that you can literally tuck away into your sleeve to be excessive and counter-intuitive. Its silly for it to have the same deploy speed than the 3 heavy handguns.

Date of registration
: Jun 15th 2018

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, November 30th 2018, 12:04am

They released some additional info on weapon changes for the 4th December update.

Sneak Peek at Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Update : BattlefieldV

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, November 30th 2018, 1:20am

Lots of originality with that lmg/mmg damage :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

I had noticed that, but your comment prompted me to make another graph with almost all the primaries: a single line for the Support MGs, a single line representing all but two of the Medic SMGs, and no shotguns (which don't analyze quite the same way as most other kinds of weapons):

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, November 30th 2018, 2:56pm

Spreads

Just squelch me if you're getting sick of this.

Here's a graphic showing the relative minimum spreads in the three situations of most interest to us: ADS while standing still, ADS while moving, and hipfire while moving.

This doesn't take into account any specializations or attachments (like the bipod).

There are a lot of overlapping circles here, but I still think the information is clear. The overlapping was necessary so that the ADS circles could be large enough to notice the relative differences between them.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, November 30th 2018, 5:27pm

That's kinda clear, use your pistol at close range unless you got an AR or a smg.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, December 2nd 2018, 9:52am

Not so fast! :D

So I am looking at the hipfire stats from the KE7 and compare them to other weapon classes:

The MP28 has:
HIPStandMoveMax: 4
HIPStandMoveMin: 1.2*
HIPStandBaseMax: 4
HIPStandBaseMin: 0.9
HIPStandMoveSpreadInc: 0.5*
HIPStandBaseSpreadInc: 0.5*

The STG44 has:
HIPStandMoveMax: 6
HIPStandMoveMin: 3*
HIPStandBaseMax: 5
HIPStandBaseMin: 2.25*
HIPStandMoveSpreadInc: 0.6
HIPStandBaseSpreadInc: 0.6

The KE7 has:
HIPStandBaseMax: 2.331
HIPStandBaseMin: 1.124*
HIPStandBaseSpreadInc: 0.1
HIPStandMoveMax: 8
HIPStandMoveMin: 4.5*
HIPStandMoveSpreadInc: 0.6

Am I missing something here, or are the LMGs indeed very accurate from the hip while standing?

rainkloud

jet proximity scan <3

(700)

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, December 2nd 2018, 5:57pm

Much like with Open Beta stats, these are in very crude format and there are probably some weapons missing. I decided to share these ASAP to give the hungriest value guys something to chew on while I try to iron out the values.

Are there any plans to have a file dump with all the relevant raw files like you had on this now defunct link: http://bf4data.jjj.fi/#$

That way we could begin to get some data on vehicle weapons/upgrades/mechanics and so on.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, December 2nd 2018, 6:13pm

Am I missing something here, or are the LMGs indeed very accurate from the hip while standing?

This is a little worrying - this should be an SMG bonus not an LMG bonus.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, December 2nd 2018, 7:02pm

Much like with Open Beta stats, these are in very crude format and there are probably some weapons missing. I decided to share these ASAP to give the hungriest value guys something to chew on while I try to iron out the values.

Are there any plans to have a file dump with all the relevant raw files like you had on this now defunct link: http://bf4data.jjj.fi/#$

That way we could begin to get some data on vehicle weapons/upgrades/mechanics and so on.

Check InterimAegis's signature. Something might be being uploaded there as I write this ^^.

As for the status of the stats: Now we have upgrade structures and whatnot, but still tweaking around how to present the stats, given that it is unlike attachments we had in BF4/BFH.

(Offtopic: I am glad to see senseis pmax and InterimAegis around once again ^^ )
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, December 2nd 2018, 7:23pm

This is a little worrying - this should be an SMG bonus not an LMG bonus.

I have tried to test it but the results are, well, varying. They look rather alike in my book when comparing the MP28 to the KE7 at ten metres, when controlling the recoil in a ten round burst. Finding a wall big enough to do some actual groupings with controlling the recoil is a rather hard task. I would say the stats tell the truth, but my technique was flawed and the sample size not large enough.

If it is like this, I do not know what to say, could be oversight or deliberate.