Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:07. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Yesterday, 6:08pm

Is it possible to traverse the table for the temporary weapon comparison? It should only 15 min work or so to do that and would improve the usability big time since it makes the table easier to read/scroll.

I didn't quite catch what you mean by "traversing the table". Do you mean listing all weapons at once which you can scroll through, or automatically moving the scrollbar to right or something completely different?
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jun 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Yesterday, 10:11pm

Is it possible to traverse the table for the temporary weapon comparison? It should only 15 min work or so to do that and would improve the usability big time since it makes the table easier to read/scroll.

I didn't quite catch what you mean by "traversing the table". Do you mean listing all weapons at once which you can scroll through, or automatically moving the scrollbar to right or something completely different?

Did i choose the wrong word? Im not a native speaker.

I meant just to switch the rows with columns so that the first column contains the name of the value (like ADSStanding Recoil etc.) and the second column contains the values for the chosen weapon. The first row contains the name of the weapon.

Adding a second weapon to the comparison would have the values for it in the third column (and so on for every additional weapon).
This would greatly improve the readability and handling of the table since you can scroll vertically instead of horizontically.
Another nice feature would to hilight the values people are interested the most like ADS/hipfire recoil and spread for standing/moving, bullet velocity and reload etc.
But i would be perfectly happy with only traversing the table if you dont want to put too much work into a temporary page.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "graysson" (Yesterday, 10:16pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Today, 6:30pm

Did i choose the wrong word? Im not a native speaker.

I meant just to switch the rows with columns so that the first column contains the name of the value (like ADSStanding Recoil etc.) and the second column contains the values for the chosen weapon. The first row contains the name of the weapon.

Adding a second weapon to the comparison would have the values for it in the third column (and so on for every additional weapon).
This would greatly improve the readability and handling of the table since you can scroll vertically instead of horizontically.
Another nice feature would to hilight the values people are interested the most like ADS/hipfire recoil and spread for standing/moving, bullet velocity and reload etc.
But i would be perfectly happy with only traversing the table if you dont want to put too much work into a temporary page.

Ah yes, now I understand you.

Indeed that would be much better, and I will look into it again in a second. The library site uses for tables (Tabulator) does not want to work well for swapping columns and rows out of the box, but indeed it should be able to do it.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Today, 8:22pm

Ah yes, now I understand you.

Indeed that would be much better, and I will look into it again in a second. The library site uses for tables (Tabulator) does not want to work well for swapping columns and rows out of the box, but indeed it should be able to do it.

On that note - is the comparison page still using the 1 week’s worth of TTK 0.5 multipliers? It was last I checked. Probably not a bad idea to add the Ribeyrolles, M97, AG M/42, VGO, and Selbstlader 1906 if you have time.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Today, 8:35pm)