Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, January 1st 2019, 4:25pm

I am still trying to figure out this new spreadrecoil +recoil mechanic. I am right now using the KE7 on SUpport after finishing all medic weapons which were all pretty straightforward to use and handle similarily to BF3/4 weapons. I have seen very few oddities, where my accuracy would be better than expected recoil-wise with the Tommy Gun.

Now with the KE7 however, it is kind of a coin toss, where I can basically instagib a guy because my crosshair just refuses to bounce around and on other engagements it bounces around a lot. Or in some cases when I totally lose my aim it suddenly becomes very easy to control in the last 5 rounds. I really can not put my finger on it. Is there a random factor involved? I can not make out a pattern or a consistent model.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, January 1st 2019, 6:23pm

Same as ZH-29, 2HK anywhere including head, 760/860m/s muzzle velocity.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, January 1st 2019, 7:25pm

If the weapon is already set inside each kit's file, it's probably ready to go.

In that case coming up:

Assault gets the MAS44.

Medic gets the ZK383 and Lanchester.

Support gets the Chauchat and Darne.

Recon gets the Ross.

Of course, this is could always change.

Huh, curious. I expected the Sjorgren to come before the Darne, and I STRONGLY expected the Welgun (due to its presence in the trailer) and the Pratchett to come first

Sure it is, but we have the EMP, the MP28 and the MP34 at the moment, which are all based on the MP18. Besides the technical aspect I am mostly talking about the looks. Right now the best way to differentiate the three is by how the grip is held. Design is important and there are a ton of players out there, me included, who choose a gun also because they like their fresh look. And it is not like the era lacked unconventional or other designs. The Danuvia 43M and the MAS-38 look distinctly different. The Beretta 38 also varies slightly from the current models. All three also saw substantially more use than the Lanchester.

What the ZK-383 indeed brings to the table is the bipod and probably a variable (through specs) rate of fire. Gameplaywise this could possibly make the MP34 more obsolete than it is now and give the Medic class a somewhat middle-rangeish option, when prone.

You really wanna play that game lad?

Well, what if i told you that the STEN is ALSO a MP18 derivative; its literally a Lancaster with everything that could be removed, removed, and everything that could be replaced with welded steel, replaced with welded steel. The Pratchett is again a STEN derivative, which makes it by proxy a MP18 derivative. The MP40 was a simplified version of the MP38 which was itself a derivative of the EMP which you denounce as a MP18 clone. Literally the only gun we have that isn't in some way a MP18 derivative by nicking at least its general reciever setup (the spot of the magazine is cosmetic at best) is the Thompson (And only this one, the later one basically also a MP18 derivative because the way they altered it was by simply removing the blish lock system and putting in an open-bolt blowback system. Like the MP18).

Also, on the ZK383; from what I can read from the code, it has the strongest RoF upgrade in the game; from 514 to 720. It also has a mag upgrade from 30 to 40

Oh boy it's another 25.1-13 SMG. Guess the bipods remotely interesting.

Yes, weirdly it doesn't use the export cartridge. Which is funny to me. Neither does the welgun, for that matter

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 1st 2019, 10:38pm

@colers

Yeah I know all that. :D At that time there was just not much else you could do with the SMG concept. I am specifically tired of the looks. As far as distinct design features go we have the foregrip on the EMP and the bipod on the ZK. THe rest is basically identical when when we glance over it.

The ZK looks like the gun to make all other SMGs obsolete. With a standard ROF of 514 it needs to be not too recoil heavy, with the extended mag and the bipod it will fill the same niche as the MP34 but better. With the upgrade I guess we are getting a slightly tamer version of the Thompson, maybe even with both hipfire upgrades. If the Lanchester SMG has a rate of fire of 600 it will also fill a niche somewhere between the EMP and the horrible MP28, seemingly with 50 rounds. Could potentially be the new jack-of-all-trades SMG.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 12:29am

I love the MP 28, and I haven't even Spec'd it yet.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jun 15th 2018

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 3:16am

I love it too, it has a decent RPM with managable spread/recoil. Never really got into EMP though.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 4:36am

I love it too, it has a decent RPM with managable spread/recoil. Never really got into EMP though.

My impression of the EMP is it's meant to be a "better" MP40/Sten, the idea being it has a slightly higher RoF (and therefore faster TTK), but (I would assume) doesn't trade relevant controllability for it. I haven't compared them in detail or used the EMP much, that's just what "makes sense" to me.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 10:33am

I consider the MP28 to be, unironically, the godgun of the SMG class. Though its ADS is trash because for whatever reason SMG's have like twice the ADS recoil they have any right to have (especially contrasted to their LMG and AR counterparts).

It makes up for this however by being the only one of the sweeper SMGs (the Suomi, the Thompson and the MP28) capable of fitting all hipfire upgrades AND the extended mag. This turns the gun into an absolute monster if you know its range and work the hipfire well. Whenever I pick this gun when on the offensive in breakthrough, using a few smokes i'll turn any objective into a motherfucking rambo movie with how onesided the massacre will become

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 11:46am

I guess this must be very personal, besides the MP34 which I do not see filling any sort of niche, the MP28 was the weapon that felt the most horrible, sometimes even worse than the Sten. After the fun I had with the Suomi, I figured to get a better controllable weapon at range while still being a considerable powerhouse up close.
I basically always go for horizontal recoil reduction and I also use the Lattey sight for a clear picture with a slight zoom. Worked for all SMGs. Didn't work for the MP28. While it was good in hipfire as expected, it was not considerably better than the EMP or even MP40. At that range reaction time and position is always a large contributing factor.
Where it really went to hell was the ADS performance, the recoil was just unbearable, the slight zoom likely a contributing factor. For some reason it even felt worse than the Suomi, and definitely worse than the Thompson. The amount of compromise just did not work out as expected. Sometimes, I guess, you also have weapons where the recoil profile does not suit you.

Date of registration
: Jan 2nd 2019

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 7:16pm

i can't comparate weapons....
how can i do? why there is not the excel file like bf4 and bf1??

thank you