Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, December 28th 2018, 2:12am

Did we get any sort of official announcement on these yet, or are they just fairly complete in the files?

No announcement. Chauchat is ready to go. Madsen has some bugs to work out, it seems.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, December 28th 2018, 12:10pm

I suppose ToW will be an ongoing thing with weekly unlocks, or runs that go for a fortnight. They need to find a way to keep player interest high in a game that will feel stale for a very long time. I suppose we will see another set of weapons and customization options for january as well and going forth. The Chauchat is ready for shipping, as are a couple of other weapons in the files (or can be ready in short course). I am actually rather impressed by the amount of content delivered via ToW so far, when it comes to weapons and customization.

By the way, could somebody tell me how to find the new semi-auto weapon in the stats on this site? Is it in the weapon comparison or the data dump under a specific name? Also could we have the weapon comparison as a sticly somewhere prominent?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, December 28th 2018, 12:26pm

If the weapon is already set inside each kit's file, it's probably ready to go.

In that case coming up:

Assault gets the MAS44.

Medic gets the ZK383 and Lanchester.

Support gets the Chauchat and Darne.

Recon gets the Ross.

Of course, this is could always change.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Dec 28th 2018, 1:20pm)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 28th 2018, 12:39pm

Wow, that is really underwhelming for the Medic class, the fourth derivate of the MP18/28 and another one that looks similar. I wonder how many novel ways they can come up with for holding the magazine weld, to differentiate them.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, December 28th 2018, 7:33pm

It's almost like it was an incredibly influential and common design in that era, not unlike any number of based-on-the-same-system guns in BF4, or wherever.

The ZK-383 has a bipod which should prove to be quite interesting and useful for those people who seem insist on playing Medic like it's Assault and try to engage at SLR ranges.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 28th 2018, 8:02pm

Sure it is, but we have the EMP, the MP28 and the MP34 at the moment, which are all based on the MP18. Besides the technical aspect I am mostly talking about the looks. Right now the best way to differentiate the three is by how the grip is held. Design is important and there are a ton of players out there, me included, who choose a gun also because they like their fresh look. And it is not like the era lacked unconventional or other designs. The Danuvia 43M and the MAS-38 look distinctly different. The Beretta 38 also varies slightly from the current models. All three also saw substantially more use than the Lanchester.

What the ZK-383 indeed brings to the table is the bipod and probably a variable (through specs) rate of fire. Gameplaywise this could possibly make the MP34 more obsolete than it is now and give the Medic class a somewhat middle-rangeish option, when prone.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, December 28th 2018, 9:13pm

The MP 34 is not an MP 18 derivative, and it definitely looks very different, being fancy and squarish. The Beretta 38 will definitely show up, but it's more likely to come a bit later into ToW.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 28th 2018, 11:34pm

The MP 34 is not an MP 18 derivative, and it definitely looks very different, being fancy and squarish. The Beretta 38 will definitely show up, but it's more likely to come a bit later into ToW.

It is a MP18 derivate, it was developed by the the austrian company Steyr by concession of Rheinmetall to circumvent the Versailles treaty and is directly based on Bergmann's MP18. Visually the biggest difference is the muzzle design. It still has a similar wooden stock, the trademarked punctured barrel shroud etc.. The EMP does have a foregrip though. I do not want to be pedantic, but it really bothers me, that they have integrated so many visually similar SMGs and add two more. I am not so sure about the Beretta 38, maybe when the Greek map hits, as they seem to have a tendency to add weapons to complement their "story". I think the chances for the Mas38 are pretty slim now though, since the Operation on Arras just told me that the German flag is up on the Eiffel tower.
As you mention BF4, I do not think I remember one weapon class that had such similarities. From a technical aspect, surely, since many use the AR-15/18 style of bolt assembly and they almost exclusively use the Picatinny rails, but other than that the differences in looks are very distinct.

In any case I do not want to shit on your argument or the weapons itself, which could both fill a niche. I just have looked at the same gun design now for 2100 kills and it is a bit tiresome. :D

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2018

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, December 29th 2018, 6:23am

Oh boy it's another 25.1-13 SMG. Guess the bipods remotely interesting.

Date of registration
: Jun 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, January 1st 2019, 1:51pm

any info about new weapon stats? espetially AGM42 and 1906?

used to be #3 in the World in RAWR Kills:)