Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,982)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, December 20th 2018, 10:58am

Is there any data on the new m1897 slugs? Interested to see if the M1897 slugs are just as shit as the 12g. From what it feels like, the damage profile is the same overall. Drops to like 33 damage at range and even with the bonus headshot damage it fails to 1hk. Shame BF can never make slugs worth their while.

2m extra OHK range compared to the 12G. (8m on 12G, 10m on 1897)

I believe you have a longer 1 headshot-kill range by about 5 metres too, but it's not too relevant.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, December 20th 2018, 7:36pm

Just 8m and 10m? Wow. Sounds like I'll be sticking to buckshot then.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, December 21st 2018, 6:45pm

Heavy buckshot gives you an extra few meters. I think it’s 16 m for the M30, 14 for the M97, and 12 for the A5.

You do sacrifice 2HK range some, but that’s never the reason to take a shotgun.

This post by "UPsIA" (Saturday, December 22nd 2018, 2:37am) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Saturday, December 22nd 2018, 11:23am)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,982)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, December 22nd 2018, 4:10am

Heavy buckshot gives you an extra few meters. I think it’s 16 m for the M30, 14 for the M97, and 12 for the A5.

You do sacrifice 2HK range some, but that’s never the reason to take a shotgun.

10m OHK for 12G with Heavy Load
12m OHK for 1897 with Heavy Load
Potential 22-23m OHK for M30 with heavy load

12G and 1897 fire 32 pellets per shell. The moment the damage drops to 3/pellet you lose the OHK.
M30 fires 48 pellets per shell, so it can OHK until the damage per pellet drops to 2 at 24m. Of course, I'm certain that pellet spread + distance is going to make it so that getting a OHK at 20-23m is extremely unlikely, as each pellet is doing 2.1-2.4 damage and you basically need all of them to connect.

Regardless, there's quite a difference in range between the higher capacity shotguns and the M30.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 22nd 2018, 12:40pm

Yeah I thought there was something odd with the drilling and their OHK ability. This weapon is just incredibly hard to balance with the two barrels +1.

Speaking of balance, the Ribeyrolles is quite the interesting addition to the assault because it works similar to the Bren when prone and to the MP34 when used standing at medium distances. Quite the powerful addition to the Assault class.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, December 22nd 2018, 4:31pm

Elevation and Zeroing

While I am still not sure (I mean, I'm pretty sure) about my trajectory model, I keep using it.

Based on initial vertical and horizontal velocity of the various bullets, I have calculated the following zero distances of each weapon (with no upgrades or zeroable scopes or anything):

Spoiler Spoiler

I also drew a plot of "required aimpoint vertical offset vs target range". The top half shows how many cm above or below your intended aimpoint you need to aim in order to hit at a given range; the bottom half shows how much angular elevation (or depression) in minutes of arc this is. It's interesting that this latter relationship is almost perfectly linear (and I think it would be perfectly linear if it weren't for drag).

Spoiler Spoiler

This image only features some select representative weapons. For all the weapons, organized by category, see here.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, December 27th 2018, 4:17pm

Wanted to drop a quick note on upcoming Support weapons:

The Chauchat is a 3HK from 0-50 m and 4HK at 50+ at 359 RPM with a velocity of 720 m/s and 20 bullets in the magazine. I expect it to be extremely competitive at mid-range as it will have the lowest TTK of any LMG between 10 and 50 m (~24 ms faster than the FG42). It will also play extremely differently from any other automatic weapon in the game with somewhat of a skill-cannon vibe - missing a shot will be penalizing. In short, I am very excited for this one, as I love when a new viable archetype shakes up gameplay. This one seems ready to go, so I think we can expect it soon. Note that single fire mode is only 249 RPM.

Spec tree will be:
Improved hipfire -- Quick ADS
Improved ADS Moving -- Reduced HRec
Fast Move ADS -- Improved ADS Standing
Quick Reload -- Reduced VRec

The Madsen shares a projectile with the FG42 and KE7 at 539 RPM with a velocity of 800 m/s and 40 bullets in the magazine. The rate of fire means it's directly competing with the Bren, Lewis, and KE7, so we will have to wait and see how the rest of the profile looks as we get closer to release. I say that because the spec tree has 9 members, and I am not sure which is the odd one out. There is an extended mag option there, but the rest are quite standard. With that said, the capacity is only second to the Lewis, but with the Lewis having a high velocity bullets upgrade AND an extended mag option, the Madsen will have to handle nicely to be superior to the Lewis. Of course, the Bren Gun already handles nicely, and is just one step lower in fire rate, so something is about to become obsolete.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 27th 2018, 6:26pm

Geez, what a horrible thing to balance that Chauchat. It is similar to the semi-autos of the Assault, they are simply not really tweakable. I would assume it plays like the Support's M1A1.

With the Madsen it probably makes little difference, the Bren will likely be slightly more accurate, but 10 bullets more with a higher ROF is certainly an argument. I would not say it is obsolete since the two will be so close together that it probably won't matter for most engagements. The support class is, similar to the Medic, just overburdened with largely indistinguishable weaponry.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 27th 2018, 8:20pm

I say that because the spec tree has 9 members, and I am not sure which is the odd one out. There is an extended mag option there, but the rest are quite standard.

If it's 40 rounds as standard then there's no Extended Mag spec, because 40 rounds is the extended mag. I presume they're doing it this way to keep it between the Bren and Lewis in its own slot, rather than trying to directly balance it against the Bren.

Did we get any sort of official announcement on these yet, or are they just fairly complete in the files?
Who Enjoys, Wins