Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Oct 5th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, December 14th 2018, 11:27am

Why do you all focus so much on the TTK when the actual gun mechanics got much easier.

Side note: going back to Conquest Core after playing nothing but the new TTK feels like playing the easy mode.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, December 14th 2018, 1:30pm

Why do you all focus so much on the TTK when the actual gun mechanics got much easier.

Side note: going back to Conquest Core after playing nothing but the new TTK feels like playing the easy mode.

That only holds true for LMGs I would say, which are very controllable at reasonable rates of fire. Spread is still a thing for SMGs and ARs, regardless of recoil, which also increased when compared to ROF. My accuracy is not higher in BFV when compared to BF4. The gun mechanics got more transparent and intuitive, over BF1, this I would agree with.

I am certainly not doing worse than before, and I get away with much more shit, when up against any class. The inherent problem lies in the awfully wide range of weaponry between classes and also within classes. Increasing the TTK for all of them at all ranges just pronounces the differences even more and creates a lot of balance issues, while not fixing or addressing the issues or founding reasons of one-frame-deaths.

When you get killed in one frame by a Sten, it is a fault on your end, not the user, who pumped 7 bullets into you on his screen and now has to score 9 hits. An MMG does not care about BTK, because it sports the least recoil and spread at the highest ROF.

It is an awfully stupid bandaid and creates unnecessary friction in the community and the devteam instead of focusing on the issues at hand.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, December 14th 2018, 3:01pm

I completely disagree. I played four hours of the new TTK last night, and the ease with which an opponent can be outplayed even if the opponent fired first is striking. I think the longer TTK actually makes it easier for a good players and squads to stay alive - they can just be more aggressive now while doing it. Full squad with the new TTK was the easy mode for us. We scrapped DMRs, picked high RoF weapons, and relied on buddy revive to roll through packs of medics, ZH recons, etc.

I will admit I still had fun, because we won and played really well, but I couldn’t help but think the gme is now less hospitable to a new solo player than it was before. If they had tweaked TTK transparently, and in a way that was balanced across weapon classes, this fiasco probably could have been largely avoided.

Date of registration
: Oct 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, December 14th 2018, 3:47pm

I completely disagree. I played four hours of the new TTK last night, and the ease with which an opponent can be outplayed even if the opponent fired first is striking. I think the longer TTK actually makes it easier for a good players and squads to stay alive - they can just be more aggressive now while doing it. Full squad with the new TTK was the easy mode for us. We scrapped DMRs, picked high RoF weapons, and relied on buddy revive to roll through packs of medics, ZH recons, etc.

I will admit I still had fun, because we won and played really well, but I couldn’t help but think the gme is now less hospitable to a new solo player than it was before. If they had tweaked TTK transparently, and in a way that was balanced across weapon classes, this fiasco probably could have been largely avoided.
What I meant with easy mode was the gunplay itself.

Quoted

I think the longer TTK actually makes it easier for a good players and squads to stay alive

That's true.

Anyway, I'm a PC player but I can see why console players prefer the old TTK. The non-statistical, realistic/effective TTK on consoles is simply longer than on PC.

Date of registration

Friday, December 14th 2018, 4:35pm

Anyway, I'm a PC player but I can see why console players prefer the old TTK. The non-statistical, realistic/effective TTK on consoles is simply longer than on PC.

Agreed - but if you are fairly precise on console, you can clean up now - I am actually not as super against TTK changes as I was before with one caveat: IF THEY ARE DONE PROPERLY without gutting DMRs, SLRs, and slow but accurate weapons like the Bren Gun and MP34. I definitely DID feel many fewer 1-frame deaths (even if they are still present - happened twice to me last night). Hamada was a lot more fun, too.

An additional comment - the sniper problem is not as bad on console as it is on PC. I didn't see a larger contingent of snipers than usual.

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, December 14th 2018, 6:26pm

I really don't hate the new TTK. sure I don't feel as powerful but the games play out better. there's less ranged stale mates and medics seem to have more confidence to press aggressively as they can survive runs between cover. assault is only super punishing now if they're going for headshots but the % of players with really good mechanical skill is low in the 64 man games.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 14th 2018, 6:58pm

I don't feel much change either, but I mostly play weapons who don't suffer much from the TTK. I run often out of ammo however as I need more ammo long range (less accuracy, trying to aim for the head, 1 more bullet to kill). It's just frustrating doing headshots with assault weapons while it doesn't change anything unless you do 2 headshots at a certain range. (98 damage with 1 headshot and 2 body shots)

Date of registration

Friday, December 14th 2018, 7:13pm

It also seems like, from David Sirland’s comments, that some form of an elevated TTK is here to stay as the default.

I have no problem letting people play the way they want, but it will be really hard to balance both if they aren’t careful.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 2:14pm

It also seems like, from David Sirland’s comments, that some form of an elevated TTK is here to stay as the default.

I have no problem letting people play the way they want, but it will be really hard to balance both if they aren’t careful.

For clarification, with 'elevated TTK', you mean a longer TTK?

In my opinion, the largest drawback of the TTK is that the recon-class get defacto buffed whilst the sniperplay was already casual-friendly/too easy to do good with for PC players in particular in BF5 with the almost complete lack of 2 major features that makes sniping less shallow (scope/weaponsway and suppression).
RIP Sraw

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, December 15th 2018, 3:19pm

For clarification, with 'elevated TTK', you mean a longer TTK?

In my opinion, the largest drawback of the TTK is that the recon-class get defacto buffed whilst the sniperplay was already casual-friendly/too easy to do good with for PC players in particular in BF5 with the almost complete lack of 2 major features that makes sniping less shallow (scope/weaponsway and suppression).

Yeah the old one is supposed to be the new "hardcore" at some stage. Although I do not see the appeal to the hardcore crowd unless they fully implement spotting back in core, and remove it completely from hardcore, as the damage is pretty low in the TTK 1.0 compared to previous installments.

History shows that balancing even one damage chart is hard, two is near impossible, that is just marketing speak. With the weapons we have right now, balancing is already much harder than in BF3 and 4, but at least not at BF1 levels.