Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, December 13th 2018, 5:27am

Cant seem to find any damage weapon stats though, where to find them buggers?

Look at the corresponding projectile data.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, December 13th 2018, 9:32am

Cant seem to find any damage weapon stats though, where to find them buggers?

Look at the corresponding projectile data.

Thx lad, though, there seems to be something off in the projectile data; some weapons seem to have flat out incorrect stats, like the KJ having 80 start damage, the Drilling Slug ramping up to 100 damage at its end range and the 30 carbine rounds doing 42 startind damage. Am I Misreading something?

And to those who wonder, the current code states the 6.5x55mm Krag/Mauser round the AGM42 has to do 30-27 damage

Also, some interesting tidbits i've found:

Don't expect either the M1897 or the ribeyrolles to have a surprise drop before the next major patch. Both of them seem to been given a temporary balance pass that isn't in line with the current weapon stats. Unless the ribeyrolles has like 800 rpm (don't have the time to check RoF atm), its 23-15 damage damage model makes it useless. THe M1897, unless I am badly reading over something, has the same pellet count, damage points and falloff ranges as the A5.

This same rule applies for most things; almost all automatics using a cardridge not used by another weapon has a 5-shot kill.

The S2/200 Solothurn actually isn't an LMG like Flakfire reported. Its listed as an MMG which makes me worry. The CHauchat however has been shoehorned into becoming a LMG again even though, ESPECIALLY with the current MMG mechanics it is much better fit as an MMG with uncharactaristically good focused hipfire.

The Frommer Stop and De Lisle seem to have a conspicious lack of alternative textures leading me to believe that there is currently no plan to port them to PvP. Especially since the De Lisle stats seem to be ubertrash.

The M1897 seem to be special in that its heatguard has a seperate texture slot from what I can tell at a first glance, which might lead to some interseting combinations if its barrel is textured seperately.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, December 13th 2018, 11:12am

The S2/200 Solothurn actually isn't an LMG like Flakfire reported. Its listed as an MMG which makes me worry. The CHauchat however has been shoehorned into becoming a LMG again even though, ESPECIALLY with the current MMG mechanics it is much better fit as an MMG with uncharactaristically good focused hipfire.

Erm... you seem to be not following what the idea of an LMG and MMG is. Those only make sense how they're set up.

Thanks for the info though, looks like all these guns are going to take ages to get here, which isn't exactly reassuring.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 13th 2018, 3:08pm

Erm... you seem to be not following what the idea of an LMG and MMG is. Those only make sense how they're set up.

Thanks for the info though, looks like all these guns are going to take ages to get here, which isn't exactly reassuring.

Due to the MMG requiring bipod deployment, certain weapons will be inherently unwieldy. If you therefor make a MMG out of a weapon that doesn't look bulky, it will create a disconnect. The S2/200 is lighter than the Lewis and has a quickly removable side-mounted magazine.

Now, the Chauchat is bulky, but the way its irons are placed and the general bulky silhouette it has, along with the "marching fire" tactic it was used for, would make it "better fit" for the medium machine guns in spite of its lower weight. This is of course personal preference but I think its best to keep cosmetics in line with function.

Some more interesting data i've found on the preliminary balance stats now that I came around to actually looking up the RoF of every weapon; though the balance is unlikely to be final it will probably show us what they intend to do with these weapons:

The Astra seems to have an entirely incorrect fire rate of 1124, whereas historically it was 700 with a firerate controller that dailed it down to 350.

The Steyr 12/P16 does NOT have a unique burst fire option planned as far as I can see.

The ZK383 seems to be a MP34 with a bipod, for all intents and purposes; it does however have a base magazine of 30 and an extended magazine of 40. Probably less good on the run but better when set up (514 RoF), Lancaster fires slightly slower than the MP28 at 634 rounds per minute, so it isn't a complete clone; uses the same magazine logic though (32 and 50). Welgun essentially looks like a MP34 clone without the mandetory magazine size extention. The Pratchett however looks to be extremely competitive and I dare to say that it will most likely dominate the SMG Meta, if such a thing can be said to exist; It has a base rate of fire of 599 and a magazine capacity of 32, making it hands down the most versatile SMG currently in the code.

As said earlier, the AGM42 has a rate of fire of 449. It will come with a detachable magazine option which I am guessing will be practically mandatory for it irrespective of what the other side of the tree offers. It should be noted however that the current weapon is bugged, and despite the 3x scope on the skin currently visible in the ToW rewards not blocking the magazine well or clip holder at all, putting a scope on it WILL block stripper clip reloads as far as the magazine modifications seems to tell me (An optic that blocks stripperclips is seen as a magazine mod). The MAS however is extremely underwhelming and it for all intents and purposes a Turner skin as far as I can see.

The M1897 currently has a rate of fire of 99, with an upgrade option to 119. However, there is something unforgivable: THEY REMOVED THE SLAMFIRE; its fire logic is flagged as being single fire; the burst fire rate is however 550 for whatever reason. The Sjorgen sits neatly between the M1897 and A5 with 119 rate of fire and an upgrade option to 139. The M1897 has slugs, the Sjorgen doesn't seem to have them.

On to the LMGs; Well, did you ever want a FG42 with bigger magazines? Well for the cost of your mobility, the S2/200 is basically that. 670 with an upgrade option to 830. Standard magazine capacity of 30. Luckily the 25 round mag decided to stay home. The Darne is looking extremely competitive, Coming out with a solid rate of fire of 770 and upgrade options to 900. But, where it completely dunks on the other MMG's is that its standard ammo capacity is 150 with upgrade capability to 250. So perhaps you bastards can finally stop desecrating my dear MG42 by sidestepping its rate of fire upgrade and stick to this gun instead. The MG1919 might not be fully balanced yet since it seems to have a redundant rate of fire value; current stats are 599 with 250 base bullets though. The Madsen also seems to have incomplete stats on account of a redundant rate of fire stat, but its 539 using its special 40 round magazine as a base. EDIT: The redundant rate of fire stat just seems to be something that pops up here and there. Not seeing any real rhyme or reason to it all. the STG has it too

Carbines have self-evidently not been balanced; the Luger is unironically less competitive than the ACTUAL LUGER, pushing only 299 rounds per minute. C96 isn't faring much better.

Ribeyrolles isn't looking too good; if its damage model is accurate or even near accurate, this shoddy 539 rounds per minute will assure no amount of accuracy will save the peashooter.

As for the bolt actions, i have no idea how to determine it based on the info I have because I don't know how the calculation goes. If its 60/ (BAdelay + BA time), then the Ross goes somewhere between the M95 and the Enfield at about 66 rpm base. I am guessing this one actually will have the straight pull benefit (EDIT: Nah fam doesn't seem to be the case). The Enfield 1917 however seems to be slower than even the KAR98K, with a total bolt action time of about 1.25 vs 1.20.

SOME OTHER DETAILS:

From what I can tell, the handheld flamethrower pistol has an effective range of 25 m (250 velocity, 0.10 timetolive), and remains active for 1.5 seconds (12 ammo, 3 uses). Has an overheat mechanic. It should however be noted that its ammunition time was flagged for obsolete and trying to follow the projectile data will lead you to an errorpage, so there is a 90% chance the flamethrower pistol idea has been canned.

On the Panzershrek; it seems it was initially planned to be the second launcher if its placement is anything to go by. It is much the same as the Piat, but sacrificed some reload speed in exchange for slightly more damage. I am guessing this thing will have increased weakspot damage or something or protection against snipers while firing because currently it is looking rather unappealing. The Fliegerfaust on the other hand seems to be entirely unfinished and has no projectile data files as of yet. It also borrows the gunsway file of the BREN.

If someone knows where the fuck that ww2 limpet is hiding tell me because I can't find it.

Also, Garotte is still in the code.

So, basically;

Good amount of the weapons seem to be deployment ready
Carbines ABSOLUTELY ARE NOT made to be added in their current state; they seem to be a VERY old development relic if their stats are any indication.
M1919 and Madsen seem to have some weird things about their code and don't seem to be ready to be added.
Damage stats are widely out of whack it seems. I am guessing you have to do something with that damage curve string but I'm no expert.
I'm going to petition DICE for what they did to the M1897. I cannot tolerate it without its completely impractical full-auto mode

Fliegerfaust (Has a number of weird shit going on) and flamepistol(seems to be scrapped completely) not coming, play on your sad violin.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "colers" (Dec 13th 2018, 4:13pm)

Date of registration

Thursday, December 13th 2018, 7:47pm

Just for the record, the Hellreigel, Automatico, and SMG 08/18 all kill significantly faster inside of 10 m than the SG1-5, StG44, and M1907 SF:

The automatico in the current version of BF1 has a 269 ms TTK, the SMG 08/18 has a 236 ms TTK, and the Hellreigel a 280 ms TTK at close range.

The SG1-5 has a 358 ms TTK, the STG44 now has a 400 ms TTK, and the M1907 SF has a 312 ms TTK.

BFV is LITERALLY SLOWER than BF1 unless you want to bipod up an MG42.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 13th 2018, 9:57pm

Maybe this whole TTK change is a passive aggressive move by the development team. Purposefully screw it up, so everyone will rage and they can tell their higher ups: "See, nobody likes it, we told you this would happen. Let's revert it now and never speak of it again, k?"

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, December 13th 2018, 10:10pm

Maybe this whole TTK change is a passive aggressive move by the development team. Purposefully screw it up, so everyone will rage and they can tell their higher ups: "See, nobody likes it, we told you this would happen. Let's revert it now and never speak of it again, k?"

I do not think it works this way. :D I mean the community is really toxic about the game, even more so than before and the game seems to have sold sub-par. Also this is such a gutshot, I do not see how such a severe change can be dropped by a responsible dev without proper testing.

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, December 14th 2018, 12:41am

Does anyone got the TTK charts of TTK 0.5? i'd love to compare it to BF1/4 and what we had before

Looking for guns like the STG44, Volkssturm, MP40, etc

You can easily do a direct SLR comparison - Selb1916 is now a Farquhar-Hill with a damage drop-off 11 m earlier. The G43 is a Cei Rigotti with a damage drop off 16 m earlier. The ZH is an RSC with completely broken multipliers and inconsistent TTK.
I can look trough numbers, but do any of the math, not at all ._.

Date of registration

Friday, December 14th 2018, 6:09am

Does anyone got the TTK charts of TTK 0.5? i'd love to compare it to BF1/4 and what we had before

Looking for guns like the STG44, Volkssturm, MP40, etc

You can easily do a direct SLR comparison - Selb1916 is now a Farquhar-Hill with a damage drop-off 11 m earlier. The G43 is a Cei Rigotti with a damage drop off 16 m earlier. The ZH is an RSC with completely broken multipliers and inconsistent TTK.
I can look trough numbers, but do any of the math, not at all ._.

See my post above for assault vs assault. Basically BF1 assault kit is faster than BFV. I played a lot more the the new TTK and if you stick to the M1907 SF, vehicles, and bolt actions, you can have some good games.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 14th 2018, 10:58am

But there was no reason doing headshots on BF1 because of spread, damage modifiers and smaller hitbox, so it lower the TTK. BF5 assault weapons are more accurate than BF1 medic weapons.