Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 7:45pm

Is the torso hitbox that small? I never get a hit above 50 damage with either Model 8 or ZH. That's crazy. I feel it's easier getting a headshot than a body shot.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 7:54pm

Is the torso hitbox that small? I never get a hit above 50 damage with either Model 8 or ZH. That's crazy. I feel it's easier getting a headshot than a body shot.

I believe it is really just the chest. Shoulders might also be upper arm even. and the headshot hitbox has been enlarged.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 8:34pm

Everything feels a little bit worse after the TTK patch. Also still getting instant deaths so nothing's changed there. Hopefully DICE's metrics don't show any increase in player engagement under TTK 2.0 so that they quickly revert it to the old values.
bob

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 9:07pm

In close quarters it just takes slightly longer with the SMGs. They are on par up to 15m. Then it starts going to hell. I had a Hamada round where I hit two guys running away from me starting 30m and I hit both of them for 120ish damage when I ran out. Another guy was totally oblivious of me at what I still consider close range, and took 6 hits, when I followed him I got sniped. I engage a lot with the SMGs at ranges beyond 20m, but a 8 or 9hk should never be the case with any weapon. I've played Fjell, Devastation, Rotterdam and Hamada with them so far and basically all engagements that I won were well within 15m or with backup.

Shotguns are a growing problem now too, so are sidearms at point blank.

As for the other weapons, it is a nuisance, I played a round with the KE7 on Panzerstorm and it is noticeably annoying, especially when you are up against multiple enemies. It is just that tad bit slower that I get frustrated more when I am trying to do a good play.

TTD is still very variable, and it seems they forgot to adjust vehicle and stationary weapons that are also a big part of the TTD issue. At best this is a band-aid and it opens a whole new can of worms. I am pretty angry about the update, especially how they handled it and I surely want a good explanation for their flipflopping. Their super precise telemetry is not going to help there.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 9:44pm

TTD still not fixed?

Is anyone surprised?
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 10:09pm

Changing TTK this way is completely bonkers and quite frankly irresponsible. They needed to retune weapons one-by-one to fit with the new mean TTK. Shame on DICE, really. For example, it's very clear you could have made the Selbstlader a universal 3HK but forced it back to 224 RPM. That would have created MORE diversity and a fun skill-based weapon. Same with the Recon SLRs. Good luck with the AG41 coming with Tides of War, which I think will be a 5HK at 449 RPM at ALL RANGES but have max 11 bullets per mag.

Honestly, and this is horrible to say, this meta is like Destiny 1 after they nerfed a bunch of primaries. Snipers and shotguns (which were special/power weapons with limited ammo) dominated the game, and primaries were a way to cover and push. Smaller maps, unrealistic (vertical) physics, and the fact that everyone had access to 1HK weapons all the time made that kind of fun.

Now for some advice. If I wanted to troll some folks tonight with shotguns, how do I do it most effectively? I haven't played any shotguns yet in BFV, but I loved the M1900 Factory/Slug and the 10-A Slug in BF1. My support class is only rank 8. Thoughts from shotgunners?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 10:11pm

Shotguns in BFV are more like BF4 I think

Lots of weak pellets

I see people running around with the Drilling but I'm pretty sure the Autoloading is also OHK
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 10:18pm

12g is kinda bad, it has more ammo but shorter range. M30 has only 2 ammo but kill even at 30m. Or 1 slug (body shot) + 1 normal shotgun shot (instant switch)

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 11:44pm

Changing TTK this way is completely bonkers and quite frankly irresponsible. They needed to retune weapons one-by-one to fit with the new mean TTK. Shame on DICE, really. For example, it's very clear you could have made the Selbstlader a universal 3HK but forced it back to 224 RPM. That would have created MORE diversity and a fun skill-based weapon. Same with the Recon SLRs. Good luck with the AG41 coming with Tides of War, which I think will be a 5HK at 449 RPM at ALL RANGES but have max 11 bullets per mag.

Honestly, and this is horrible to say, this meta is like Destiny 1 after they nerfed a bunch of primaries. Snipers and shotguns (which were special/power weapons with limited ammo) dominated the game, and primaries were a way to cover and push. Smaller maps, unrealistic (vertical) physics, and the fact that everyone had access to 1HK weapons all the time made that kind of fun.

Now for some advice. If I wanted to troll some folks tonight with shotguns, how do I do it most effectively? I haven't played any shotguns yet in BFV, but I loved the M1900 Factory/Slug and the 10-A Slug in BF1. My support class is only rank 8. Thoughts from shotgunners?

Huh

Where did you find the stats for the AG M/42? And how is the SL1906 faring?

From some other source I gathered that it was essentially a G43 variant

EDIT: I'm fucking retarded. You have a link to all the data in your sig

EDIT2: Going through some of dat data myself now.

Funilly enough , the MAS44 in the code has a reference to stripper clips despite it being build for detachable magazines from the get go. Y tho?

Cant seem to find any damage weapon stats though, where to find them buggers?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "colers" (Dec 12th 2018, 11:59pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 13th 2018, 12:15am

Who Enjoys, Wins