Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 1:56pm

:bestgun: :S

Sigh
I think its even worse than CA2, since IIRC atleast SMG's could 4HK back then

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 2:05pm

The thing that really annoys me is the extremely thinly veiled point made about how the game is being changed to better appeal to the casual audience.
Casuals want a lower TTK, not a higher.

I would say they mostly want a consistent game. The TTK is secondary and you could always sell a slower or faster one. I am a casual gamer by definition, I like automatic weapons with a high ROF and I am also very mobile. Ease-of-use. I have average accuracy and a good reaction time. Basically the defintion the "CoD" type. I might be more inclined to plan out the things I am doing and I have a knowledge advantage over average gamers.
What gets to me is, when certain weapons or classes are locked behind skillsets that the average joe, liky myelf, can not reach and that provide a huge efficiency bonus. BF1 was a typical example, when compared to BF4. There were weapons that were incredibly powerful in the right hands, but borderline useless in other's. In BF4 everything had a niche and worked decently at all ranges. In BF1 everything had a niche that could be awfully specific and did not work well outside of it. BFV did that okay so far, SMGs are obviously shit and LMGs too powerful, but they still work and the problems are mostly caused by the wide range of weaponry (similar like in BF1 but not so pronounced).

A higher TTK will generally pronounce the differences between weapons and amplify balance issues and therefore create inconsistencies, so I would say in this case you're correct. If balance is good already though, a higher TTK will not necessarily have a negative impact.

In this specific case, I am really annoyed, because it does not solve the issues, only masks them at best, while creating new issues. All the while balance issues are more pronounced but at least Florian saved his HSK rate. The actual effects might still not be major, but the things that get buffed directly or indirectly and the way it is implemented frustrates me so hard, that I am really angry right now. :D

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 2:13pm

Really good news for recon. They can now compete vs assault.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 2:21pm

For BAs definitely. I am not so sure about the SLRs though. With the addition of two new body part multipliers, you will have consistency issues and need better aim. An average accuracy of 40%-60% might now be mandatory, which is pretty steep.

That buff (which people would discuss if it was needed) comes at the expense of all other classes, though, so I am not sure if that is worth it.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 2:23pm

And this also just about killed Medics. Sidearms now outdamage SMGs. I’ve stuck with DICE and even defended them, but this is incredibly stupid.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 2:26pm

I was mostly talking about SLR. Low mag capacity, weapon sway on smaller scope or scope glint on x3, headshots were almost useless. Low damage which didnt allow to one shot people not full health at close range (unlike RSC on BF1).
I never liked BA on BF5, they were unforgiving + worse pistols. I always found SLR more consistent than BA on BF5.

Well, I'm trying to find the positive aspect of this TTK change. Also Gewehr 1-5 which wasnt that good (but wasnt bad, I mostly used it for CQB map like devastation or rotterdam) is now totally useless? There is no reason using it over SMLE because below 13m, there are better options.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 2:48pm

I was mostly talking about SLR. Low mag capacity, weapon sway on smaller scope or scope glint on x3, headshots were almost useless. Low damage which didnt allow to one shot people not full health at close range (unlike RSC on BF1).
I never liked BA on BF5, they were unforgiving + worse pistols. I always found SLR more consistent than BA on BF5.

Well, I'm trying to find the positive aspect of this TTK change. Also Gewehr 1-5 which wasnt that good (but wasnt bad, I mostly used it for CQB map like devastation or rotterdam) is now totally useless? There is no reason using it over SMLE because below 13m, there are better options.

I see the point, but you now have to hit the upper torso or head to take full advantage. I do not know at what range this becomes relevant, especially with scopes, but it surely will make them harder to use for the average user. And yeah semi-autos in general might have gotten the worst out of this patch.

Date of registration

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 2:52pm

ZH has a max damage of 54. Three body shots at 150/163 RPM is just painful. As for the AL8 and RSC, it’s 4 body shots at range (75 m).

I’ve spent all my company coin in the wrong places - semi autos, SLRs, MP34/40 - all slow-firing weapons hit hardest by this change.

Edit: I broke down and tried it. SLRs and semi-autos feel awful awful. Every time someone was being beat in an engagement, they just ran away and health packed. Felt like playing old Halo 3/Reach/4, but without the small team gameplay and power weapons. What a sad and sorry day for BFV.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 12th 2018, 3:31pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 6:30pm

Does anyone got the TTK charts of TTK 0.5? i'd love to compare it to BF1/4 and what we had before

Looking for guns like the STG44, Volkssturm, MP40, etc

Date of registration

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 7:02pm

Does anyone got the TTK charts of TTK 0.5? i'd love to compare it to BF1/4 and what we had before

Looking for guns like the STG44, Volkssturm, MP40, etc

You can easily do a direct SLR comparison - Selb1916 is now a Farquhar-Hill with a damage drop-off 11 m earlier. The G43 is a Cei Rigotti with a damage drop off 16 m earlier. The ZH is an RSC with completely broken multipliers and inconsistent TTK.