Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

This post by "Stryfe" (Monday, December 10th 2018, 5:06pm) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Monday, December 10th 2018, 5:36pm) with the following reason: Admittedly funny, but unfortunately offtopic (Rule 5)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2018

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, December 11th 2018, 7:45am

own weapon comparsion

hi there - im new in this forum but use the stats for a long time...now with the new battlefield i try to create a simple excel for comparison...i dont need 100% excat values, just short comparion.
so far i calculate a "time-to-kill" value with a average damage up to 50meters (this looks practical for me as a competetive league player) now i just want to add a average value of accuracy. I assumed that 70% of all gunfights
are shooting-in-movement and standing or prone....on the other hand a reccoil from the weapon itself.......i see a lot of values on the sheet, but dont know how to add them. what is that value.....is it percent....????? can someone explain me how i build a average value from my playstyle and how can i add this to get an "time-to-kill" in seconds value at the end ??? thanx - sorry for my bad englisch....

kind regards
mittsch
mittsch has attached the following file:

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, December 11th 2018, 2:19pm

@mittsch

The first thing I'd do, were I you, would be to check out Noctyrne's FTK thread. He almost certainly calculated what you're trying to calculate. The next thing I would do is not necessarily assume "70% of gunfights are...". I'd calculate the values for each case, and then weight them once you've collected some actual data about what fraction of gunfights occur under what conditions. Finally, the damage that a weapon does is a direct function of its rnage; at 50m, for the weapons you have shown, this is

Source code

EMP        16.67
   KE7        20.0
   Gewehr 43  35.71

It is not just that "average damage" will be the average of the minimum and maximum listed damages. Check out the Damages and Dmg_distances values for each weapon. I even made a graphic of this.

Maybe NoctyrneSAGA can give an explicit exegesis of how recoil works now, seeing as he had to have used it for his FTK gallery. I think we're hungry to know. There are lots of variables. (How do the RecoilDecFactor, RecoilDecExponent, RecoilDecFactorNorm, and RecoilDecOffset interact? There are also spread decrease coefficients and exponents; since spread moves your aimpoint around, too, how do these interact?)

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, December 11th 2018, 2:37pm

Okay, guys, sorry for the double post.

I redrew the bullet trajectory plots. I took the inital vertical speeds into account and added horizontal lines at the initial projectile height. I expected to see more convergence--for example, I thought maybe all the Bolt Actions would be zeroed at 100 m. So it's possible that I have this wrong, but if so, it's not obvious what I'd change. It's also possible that, say, scopes adjust the y-velocity on the bolt actions (or maybe all the wapons?) to tweak the zeroing. I guess there's more poking around in the data browser to do.

This would be easier to test if the test range didn't suck so much.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pmax" (Dec 11th 2018, 9:28pm) with the following reason: Edited because I screwed up the URL in the hyperlink.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 12:43am

Geez, I surely do not envy you guys, we are getting a new TTK on the main servers tomorrow:

Battlefield V TTK Changes are Rolling Out Tomorrow ? Battlefield Forums

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 12:53am

Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 1:05am

It seems BFV is on track to go from my favourite Battlefield, to the first one I drop in 10 years of playing. Core gunplay was the one truly amazing and near-perfect part of the game, it's astounding that's what they're messing with.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 1:34am

Hmm yeah I find the gunplay is working and the generally faster TTK suits me. I have no clue why they want to change it and, apparently make it slower, after they had a survey where 75% stated that TTK was good, or that only TTD was lacking. I also have no idea why they keep two systems running at the same time, and why the old mode is supposed to evolve into the hardcore mode. I was under the impression that streamlining their product was the meta. With two systems, one is bound to fail, you can not balance two at the same time.

My assumption is that the TTD, which is an issue (that I can live with) seems unfixable with the current TTK. So the workaround is to increase the TTK. That is just a bandaid, though and causes other issues. Also obviously the balance is not perfect and I can see them decreasing the TTK on automatic weapons, that they ironically just buffed last week. This would have the effect to passively buff SLRs and DMRs, and to a lesser extent the BAs.
Then the question is what they are adjusting, since many stats are weapon class dependent, I can not see them changing spread values too much or damage, especially on automatic weapons. Recoil and ROF is individual so I think this is possible to address.

That is all just baseless. We will see tomorrow, but colour me concerned.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 2:05am

My prediction: it won't fix anything.

The SG15 was 5 BTK at launch. It was capable of generating the bugged TTD.

The Sten fires super slowly. It is capable of generating the bugged TTD.

This will not fix the underlying issue. What it will do is simply change your 3 frame death to a 4 frame death... which is what the 5 BTK SG15 would generate quite often.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 2:06am

It's the note that the current system is slated to become Hardcore that has me especially worried. It's a tad faster than recent Cores, but it's also slow by HC standards. We'll have to wait and see, but if DICE thinks this could pass for Hardcore, I shudder to think what new Core will be. I first used the StG a few days before the 4HK buff, and my first impression of it was atrocious, with the 5HK.

Coming on the heels of the vehicle overhaul, especially what happened to planes, and the continued lack of fix of Company Coins, or even and explanation of how they're supposed to work, and very notable bugs being added with each update (a minor bug hotfix just completely broke fortifications), and the lack of actual content rolling out, even simple stuff like cosmetics... I'm rapidly losing faith in how the game is being handled post-launch.
Who Enjoys, Wins