Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, November 15th 2018, 9:38am

I know exactly what I am talking about, thank you very much, I implore you once again to refrain from your offensive attitude and instead be a bit more open-minded towards opinions. Please do tell me where I can find these TSYM servers where I can play with 63 of you guys.
I play a couple of rounds every day, and if the game ends up close, I know that in certain stages the game has flipped. This is not due of one team suddenly getting their grips on things, but because the mechanic is helping them before the other team can react. That is simply deducting from observation. So my opinion is I can only disagree with your opinions, also very respectfully. :)

You should stop blaming the player for anything, what we get from DICE is a single streamlined experience, where we have to cope with the mechanics they put into the game, whether we like them or not. Every game is public, every game is random. In BF3/4 I could freely choose if I wanted to defend or attack, played with mates against communities, with 32 players, whose performance had an impact and on maps that I found worthy of playing. Was there zerging? Maybe, how would I know, I played with a thousand like-minded people. Thing is, the game creates the world the player is in and DICE bloody well knows what they do when they introduce a mechanic or tweak it. After all they praise their telemetry so much.
I also understand that they want to take control of their game, that is fine by me, but it lends itself to creating a very singular and average experience, but the player can not be blamed for anything that happens in the game. We all just make-do.

Edith says: In the end I do not know why we are arguing. We first commented on the mechanic when we did not know it was there, then it was confirmed by players and then confirmed by DICE and then said to be bugged and/or in need of adjustments. Since I am not against it, and some of you guys are for it, wouldn't this be a win-win situation? :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (Nov 15th 2018, 10:15am)

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, November 15th 2018, 2:50pm

Part of me wants to shout repeatedly:

You asked DICE to stop the zerging and this is one way to combat that. It forces the winning team to hold their territory...like an actual conquest. No more running in circles faster than the other team if you want to win. I am wholeheartedly in favor of this (if done correctly, and clearly it needs tweaking).

EDIT: That video above explains this much better than my words.

Well put. I am in favor of this mechanic over nothing, and perhaps what is gained makes up for the worries in my first post. They are mostly connected to the fact that in pub games few people are defending (so if that improves, it should be good) and in part the issue of desolate flags (might have a separate solution).

To continue the topic, what can be done to make people (understand that they need to) defend?

Clear communication for sure. "Hold the majority" should be emphasized, perhaps display a "defend" cue at some point.

Increased points for building fortifications on a owned flag? Points for staying?

Maybe less points for attacking when holding half+1.

All score related, but we are probably not trying to affect those who don't care about points anyway.

In Company of Heroes, a strategy game, you have these buildings you can build on capture points, which increase the yield of the point.
They take some time to build, so defending them is important or you have to rebuild. Perhaps an adapted system could work in making players feel ownership of the point. Gives something to do during downtime as well. Fortifications is a good starting point.

edit: article about capture points in CoH: Strategic Point | Company of Heroes Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia , The bottom section about "Securing points" was what I was talking about + a few details I didn't remember.

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Itís a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

• "DANNYonPC" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, November 15th 2018, 7:55pm

You could have just used my thread on this topic. :D
How did i completely miss it :O

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, November 15th 2018, 11:49pm

But the flag doesn't stop burning if a single player from the enemy team steps onto it. It only stops when there's an equal number of people on there. There's that little tug o' war bar just underneath the flag that indicates enemy presence, and if you've got more bodies on there you'll cap it. Slower though.

• "DANNYonPC" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, November 18th 2018, 11:57am

Faster vehicle spawn too ._.

200 tick diff = 45 sec for the losers and 105 sec for the winning guys..

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, November 18th 2018, 7:26pm

Faster vehicle spawn too ._.

200 tick diff = 45 sec for the losers and 105 sec for the winning guys..

Well this is closer to potetr's idea of faster spawn for the losing team, just with force multipliers.