Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:07. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Svenerator" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2018

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Yesterday, 1:51am

What SLR for a more aggressive recon play style?

So far the only one I specd is the Model 8, and I'm not really a fan due to the slow reload. I kinda dig the RSC, but much like the Model 8, it has a 3HK at longer ranges which sucks. I can see that the ZH29 is always a 2HK and has a detachable mag plus decent specs, but it fires the slowest out of all of them. I'm not really in a position to just try guns out with specs as my only source atm are daily orders.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Yesterday, 3:29am

Model 8 has the highest RoF (with spec, which is the obvious choice), while the RSC is basically a Model 8 with an extra round and detachable mags, at the cost of some rate of fire.

The S1906 has exactly the same relationship to the ZH-29, in that the latter gets an extra round and detachable mags at the cost of RoF.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Yesterday, 10:40am

I find the best to be the 1906 with the 2x scope. Easy to aim with, recoil not as obnoxious as the Model 8, quick reload while retaining good aim, and decently fast.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Yesterday, 1:41pm

Yeah what the others say is defintiely true. I do think there are a lot arguments that can be made for the three contestants. The Model 8 has the highest ROF, which is good to creep into the midrange largely dominated by the semi-autos. The RSC has one bullet more which can be a huge advantage in some cases. Also the Selbstlader's 2x scope is something to be considered if it has a faster draw time, than the 3x scopes. You could also make a point for iron-sights though as they give you a 1,5x zoom and are fastest to draw.

Personally I would go for the Model 8 with ironsights I guess.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Yesterday, 2:33pm

Also the Selbstlader's 2x scope is something to be considered if it has a faster draw time, than the 3x scopes.

The lack of scope glint on the 2x scope is also something to consider; I really like the 2x scopes.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Today, 4:20pm

Well, unless you are shooting at long range, scope glint doesn't matter. So here it doesn't matter for an aggressive playstyle. Tbh I prefer model 8 with iron sight, those weapons have bad hipfire accuracy so you need to ADS really fast.