Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:10. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Oak_Beard" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, December 11th 2018, 4:27am

Auto-Rotate AA finally gone?

The option to turn it off is gone from the in-game menu, but still present at the main menu options. Nothing in the patch notes about it being removed, but some are saying it's gone and they've seen dev confirmation.

Whatever the case, it's definitely still present in the practice range.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, December 11th 2018, 7:19am

I definitely felt it in game. I was prone behind the truck near White House in Rotterdam and I couldn’t secure any kills in a group enemies because people kept running by and drawing my aim. I did nearly 300 damage and secured literally zero kills.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, December 11th 2018, 7:52am

It should only exist in the campaign, but... lol it's in the Test Range? Wow, that place really is beyond broken and worthless.

I definitely felt it in game. I was prone behind the truck near White House in Rotterdam and I couldn’t secure any kills in a group enemies because people kept running by and drawing my aim. I did nearly 300 damage and secured literally zero kills.

You're talking about tracking, not snap-to. Still, I'd prefer if this was gone too.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 11th 2018, 8:01am

It should only exist in the campaign, but... lol it's in the Test Range? Wow, that place really is beyond broken and worthless.

You're talking about tracking, not snap-to. Still, I'd prefer if this was gone too.

Don't try to explain it. The battlefield community will never understand the difference

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Tuesday, December 11th 2018, 4:26pm

Don't try to explain it. The battlefield community will never understand the difference

Okay, maybe you can explain it to me then? I always assumed auto rotation WAS tracking, snap-to was removed, and slowdown was still in effect.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 11th 2018, 4:54pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 11th 2018, 6:53pm

@InterimAegis

In the options (bf4 and bf1 atleast):
Autorotation = snap-to
Slowdown = slowdown + tracking

Would be nice to separate the latter into two options, but they might be facets of the same assist. There are only two components in the files for Bf4, 1 and V. Snap- and Stickybox: http://bfdata.juhala.io/#BFV_3_Overture/…mAssistData.txt

As you can see by the existing files for BfV aim assist (http://bfdata.juhala.io/#BFV_3_Overture/…Weapons/Common/) there are only files for Assist, NoAssist, and NoSnapAssist with corresponding values (0) for Snap (autorotation) and StickyBox (Slwodown) available. So I think unless they remove aim assist completely, tracking(+slowdown) stays.

signature 2.3

Omit Needless Words

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____

When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. It’s a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)

Posts I should finish sometime:
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Vehicle gamplay
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "potetr" (Dec 11th 2018, 7:13pm)

• "Oak_Beard" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 5:19am

It should only exist in the campaign...

So it's definitely gone? Confirmed by devs?

I find it super odd they'd make a change we've been asking for for years and not even mention it in the patch notes. ?(

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 5:41am

So it's definitely gone? Confirmed by devs?

I find it super odd they'd make a change we've been asking for for years and not even mention it in the patch notes. ?(

It was said many, many times in the past few months it won't be in MP.

I haven't actually tested it myself, as I turned both off before I played a single match.
Who Enjoys, Wins