Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 8:12pm

Hey so I'm just messing around on the firing range with the new patch. I noticed there's no thread yet and didn't think I should make one myself. But there are a bunch of new options settings now and I thought it might be good to ask other controller users what setting they use. Maybe it would be better to create a controller thread. Not sure.

Random things:

• I have my deadzones between 8 and 10%. More than that and my sticks don't feel responsive (XB Elite).
  • Follow @BleedingUranium 's guide on USA and sensitivity (my 50-FOV adjusted USA coefficient is 87%)
  • Trigger stops are on and full trigger pull is set to 40% of max range. This REALLY helps with 449 RPM weapons.
  • I map two paddles to left and right d-pad so I have my gadgets handy. I only use two paddles so I have a better grip. Also, I use the shorter bottom paddles upside down in the top two paddle slots - a unique but VERY comfortable configuration for a long play session.
  • I am still having a few sensitivity issues, so not confident there, and from our other discussion, I definitely have issues with FOV scaling not giving me proper ADS zoom dynamics.
  • Stick acceleration is all the way to 0% - super important IMO.
  • No motion blur, chromatic aberration, film grain, etc. etc.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 5th 2018, 9:31pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 10:22pm

Uniform vehicle aiming: Much like with the soldier version I'm never quite sure whether this is good or bad.

Absolutely good, enable both.

Quoted

I have it at 50% with the standard 133% ration and am scared to mess with it. Does anyone have better info on how this helps?

You have what at 50%? Acceleration I assume? Turn that the fuck off, right away.

As for the Coefficient, for us console players the BF1 system still applies, so setting it depends on your FoV setting. I'm going to make a new, cleaner version of this post now that the patch is out. Also, that ADS Sensitivity issue from BF1 is fixed, so ignore that part of the post, it's just Coefficient that matters.

Quoted

Vertical aim ratio: Pretty sure this is new. I left it at 48% for infantry because at 100% it kept making me overcompensate for vertical recoil and shoot the ground. Since vehicles don't have recoil I've put mine at 100% to make aiming turrets/ MGs more consistent. So I'll see how that goes. My Kubel MG is feeling very smooth and natural.

Interesting, that does sound like it makes sense, I'll have to try 100% for vehicles. I changed mine a tiny bit to 50%; I'm sure it's effectively the same, but psychologically I feel like 50% being exactly half helps with muscle memory.

Quoted

I thought while I was here I might ask what deadzones people use. I have left stick at 15%. Any lower and I keep accidentally going off my bipod. I have right stick at 10% for center, 15% for axial. I want the aiming to be snappy but without randomly drifting around.

Deadzone is always as low as you can possibly set it, without getting drift (or enough drift that causes problems). I had my Right Stick set to 15%, but I bought a new controller last week (first in at least a couple years) and now it's down to 5%. :thumbsup:

Quoted

Is there anything in the default settings that everyone should change?

The stuff I'd consider must-have is UsA on (do not mess with the individual sensitivity sliders), Coefficient set correctly, Acceleration off, and deadzones set properly. And turn off all the awful visual effects, meaning Motion Blur, DoF Effect, Chromatic Aberration, Film Grain, Vignette, and Lens Distortion.

I also have Axial Deadzones set to 0%, which means zero fudging small horizontal/vertical movements, for more direct control. I also set Trigger Deadzones all the way down to 5%, for instant response.

I also highly recommend having fun with custom button mapping, though in the interest of muscle memory I do not recommend actually trying out different setups; it's best to figure out a good system in your head and play some mental gymnastics of how you think it would work best beforehand, and only change things when you're really confident with them.

This is all personal preference, but for some of my own examples, I made infantry and all vehicles as the same as possible, so the same actions are on the same buttons for all of them. I have Switch Weapon on Left Bumper, Grenade / Self-Repair on Right Bumper, Spot / Commorose on D-Pad Up (now that normal spotting is gone, this can move), Melee / Bayonet on X, Reload / Interact / Enter Vehicle on B, Self-Heal / Vehicle Seat #1 on Y (being able to jump to Seat #1 is huge), A is the usual Jump / Vault / Parachute / Switch Seat, while Squad Leader Radio / Toolbox / Equipment Three are D-Pad Down.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 3:01pm

Does anyone have found a way to disable general messages on the screen? Like "We have majority" "objective captured" etc. I could disable them on BF1, but here even with Award messages turned off, they don't disapear. It really annoys me as I got AHDH syndrom and also it hides flag capture bar which tells me if there is an enemy on the flag.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 6:25pm

@BleedingUranium

so if I have the default 55 FoV then I should put the coefficient down to 100% (from 133)? As a console scrub the whole "FoV" thing has always kinda confused me. I understand it in principle but like with many BF settings I fear changing it will bugger my muscle memory in some way. Great post btw.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,421)

• "VincentNZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 6:29pm

Does anyone have found a way to disable general messages on the screen? Like "We have majority" "objective captured" etc. I could disable them on BF1, but here even with Award messages turned off, they don't disapear. It really annoys me as I got AHDH syndrom and also it hides flag capture bar which tells me if there is an enemy on the flag.

That was suppsoed to be fixed with this patch, and it is for some messages. The beginning of round tutorial still blocks everything, as do ribbons, medals, etc. and now the ToW level progression. I have no clue who thought this was a good idea.

Date of registration
: Jul 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, December 7th 2018, 2:40am

I'm on XBox and I've already looked through the custom controller mapping so I doubt I can, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I HATE having firing mode on 'hold Y'. I was hoping to have fire mode on 'down d-pad' and move the toolbox(?) to 'hold Y'

Now I doubt I can because the mapping is 'tap Y switch weapon/hold Y fire mode' but the default options also seem to have some differences to how I can customise it, for example: multiple buttons assigned to the same option (vehicle turret zoom is LT & up d-pad)

Point being I wish we could control tap vs hold behaviour instead of picking preset options

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, December 7th 2018, 4:01am

You're free to map them to different buttons.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,421)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, December 10th 2018, 12:02pm

So let us talk damage modifiers. I am mostly using SMGs but what I see consistently across all weapon classes are hits for 99. At first I figured this was due to one participant getting hit outside of the 10m range, judging by the damage stats. However I have also seen some other oddities mostly 94s or 95s. I have had the rare 100s, a few 97s and also a decent amount of 96s. At one point I had a 112, but I guess I must have hit a guy way behind the person I am shooting, and being oblivious about it. Personally I am either left with 1 health or with 4, never saw something else but I do not often look at my own health bar after a firefight.

So what do we know other than that there are body part modifiers? Are they the same across all weapons or do individual weapons have different modifiers? What about their size? I have had multiple occassions where only a head was visible (for me) and my SMG would register one or several hits, but no headshot marker. I would normally dismiss this, but I thoght it was worth noting since they increased the head hitbox.

My opinion on this is rather traditional, besides the 2x modifier for the head (for all weapons) I would want all of them gone, because it creates inconsistencies, and possible frustrations. PUBG really killed it with their genius idea to put in hand and lower arm modifiers which specifically hurt people that dared to shoot at center mass. I see no reason for this mechanic in a game that uses spread, automatic weaponry and where fights are often at ranges and situations where specific bodyparts are hard to aim at and are exposing their sides and arms more than their blank torso.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,421)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 12th 2018, 12:40pm

So let us talk damage modifiers. I am mostly using SMGs but what I see consistently across all weapon classes are hits for 99. At first I figured this was due to one participant getting hit outside of the 10m range, judging by the damage stats. However I have also seen some other oddities mostly 94s or 95s. I have had the rare 100s, a few 97s and also a decent amount of 96s. At one point I had a 112, but I guess I must have hit a guy way behind the person I am shooting, and being oblivious about it. Personally I am either left with 1 health or with 4, never saw something else but I do not often look at my own health bar after a firefight.

So what do we know other than that there are body part modifiers? Are they the same across all weapons or do individual weapons have different modifiers? What about their size? I have had multiple occassions where only a head was visible (for me) and my SMG would register one or several hits, but no headshot marker. I would normally dismiss this, but I thoght it was worth noting since they increased the head hitbox.

My opinion on this is rather traditional, besides the 2x modifier for the head (for all weapons) I would want all of them gone, because it creates inconsistencies, and possible frustrations. PUBG really killed it with their genius idea to put in hand and lower arm modifiers which specifically hurt people that dared to shoot at center mass. I see no reason for this mechanic in a game that uses spread, automatic weaponry and where fights are often at ranges and situations where specific bodyparts are hard to aim at and are exposing their sides and arms more than their blank torso.

Just to answer my own question: There were NO bodypart modifiers before, which seems strange with all the different damage values, but there are now. Everything but the head has a 0.85 body multiplier according to this thread:

Battlefield V TTK Change List - 12-12-2018 : BattlefieldV