Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, December 4th 2018, 9:45am

I mean... everyone's answer is going to vary there, but personally, yes, no question at all. BFV is up with BF4 and BC2 as the most fun Battlefield I've ever played, and it's certainly too early to say for sure, it might take the top spot.

When the worst thing I can say about a game is the menus need a rework, that says very good things about it.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

• "VincentNZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 4th 2018, 9:56am

Simple Q: Worth buying?

For 60 or 70€? No. For 15€ for a month if you plan to play a lot? Yes. If you can get it for 30-40€ somewhere I would also say it is worth buying. It is an okay game, it is fun to play with friends, but the game is unpolished, bugged, feature-bloated and feature-incomplete. Also the future of the game is still dubious. If you have the urge to play it now, use Origin Premier for a month, or buy it for cheap. If you can wait, come back in march, when the game has all the features in.

Edit: To add to that, the Tides of War (their live service update) was scheduled for release today, but it got delayed.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (Dec 4th 2018, 10:09am)

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, December 4th 2018, 12:18pm

For 60 or 70€? No. For 15€ for a month if you plan to play a lot? Yes. If you can get it for 30-40€ somewhere I would also say it is worth buying. It is an okay game, it is fun to play with friends, but the game is unpolished, bugged, feature-bloated and feature-incomplete. Also the future of the game is still dubious. If you have the urge to play it now, use Origin Premier for a month, or buy it for cheap. If you can wait, come back in march, when the game has all the features in.

Edit: To add to that, the Tides of War (their live service update) was scheduled for release today, but it got delayed.

Haha, two conflicting answers there. I'm more curious than anything, have been out of the BF game for a little while and it'd be cool to play something casually in my downtime. I think I'll take this advice of waiting a little while for a cheaper, less buggy version.

What are the bugs, specifically?
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 4th 2018, 1:03pm

Haha, two conflicting answers there. I'm more curious than anything, have been out of the BF game for a little while and it'd be cool to play something casually in my downtime. I think I'll take this advice of waiting a little while for a cheaper, less buggy version.

What are the bugs, specifically?

I want to make clear that the core gameplay aspects of BFV are working okay. I do not prefer certain aspects over previous BFs, but they work. Just not my favourite.

As far as bugs are concerned. Personally I have had a few issues or bugs, nothing spectacular. A couple of crashes, a couple of weapon bugs, where the sights bug out or your weapon disappears, or you can not shoot. I also have framerate drops on my low settings. I have an older rig, but this seems a common thing on even better setups, my mates have a lot more issues with the game stability-wise. People say the release of BFV is not as bugged as that of BF4, but personally BF4 ran smooth as butter for me right from the start, and the stuff that was there was not as annoying.
The general impression is just that of an unfinished, unpolished product. Usually you just ignore the small hickups that surround decent gameplay, but in my case, BFV is made a lot worse by It's surroundings. The UI/UX specifically is the single worst experience I've ever had with a game every minute I spend in the menus I get really annoyed. Then there are certain balancing issues and mechanical issues that would have never gone through proper testing, like Bombers (very effective right now) that can bomb the enemy spawn, seconds after the round has started, resupply at the enemy base and bomb the same spot right when the revives finished. Or the conquest catch-up mechanic, which makes most game unnaturally close. The seemingly double damage of Panzerfaust on vehicles at some stages. The TTD issues and the general state of weapon balance, which I find much more problematic than BF3 M16 or BF4 pre-patch PDWs.
Then we have the large scope of the game and the feature bloat, that seemingly cause a lot of problems. Singleplayer, Coop, Battle Royale, Grand Operations, half a dozen modes, together with core gameplay aspects like the shop, TIdes of War, Vehicle customizations and dragging. Yet half of these things were not included in the delayed base game (and nobody actually asked for it either), and now they even delay the first patch.

Obviously the game has been released in a state of Early Access, and I do not particularly blame DICE for it, it is just not ready.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,957)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, December 4th 2018, 6:23pm

@hunturk

I would advise against buying the game at full price. And buying the game altogether if you would be playing solo for most of your time.

There's some things that work, there's many things that do not and there's also many things that do not contribute to fun gameplay/user experience. The amount of content is limited and if you wish to try everything out you'll quickly find yourself gated by the lacking amount of upgrade currency.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, December 4th 2018, 7:24pm

@hunturk

I would advise against buying the game at full price. And buying the game altogether if you would be playing solo for most of your time.

There's some things that work, there's many things that do not and there's also many things that do not contribute to fun gameplay/user experience. The amount of content is limited and if you wish to try everything out you'll quickly find yourself gated by the lacking amount of upgrade currency.

I am not sure I agree (for now) that it's not worth it. Given that you can already buy BFV at the usual pre-holiday discount, I certainly think it is worth it (though I play with a group of friends). We also need to see how they implement this live service model. Certainly, we know that the upgrade currency issue will be fixed soon, since Tides of War will bring new assignments and hopefully a bug fix for that CC issue.

Beyond that, I have played so much of these games over the years that I feel like when I finally buy the one that breaks the franchise for me, I will be more upset about the franchise rather than the cost. DICE have earned way more money than I actually paid them for my countless hours of enjoyment.

EDIT: FYI, patch and content drop is now tomorrow if you are avoiding the reddit

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 4th 2018, 11:55pm)

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 5:42am

I mean... everyone's answer is going to vary there, but personally, yes, no question at all. BFV is up with BF4 and BC2 as the most fun Battlefield I've ever played, and it's certainly too early to say for sure, it might take the top spot.

When the worst thing I can say about a game is the menus need a rework, that says very good things about it.

I agree with you here. When I can play for hours having a consistently good time and the things that annoy me are only like "I wish the M3 halftrack had a hull machinegun on parity with the 251" I know the game must be have a good core that just needs fleshing out. My quibbles are mostly minor things that come from having played these games for so long. Problems with fairly simple fixes. I think in a year or so this game will be the best in the series so far. Considering BF4 took over a year to be the solid balanced and fun shooter it is now, I don't think BFV has too much to worry about provided the "live service" thing doesn't end up being just another scam.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 7:06am

it'd be cool to play something casually in my downtime

BFV has been hailed as an anti-casual game so I think there's your answer.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 12:54pm

So the patch today, is it just the balance patch, the ToW update or something in between? As I read the patchnotes I saw nothing new other than the map, which I assumed was part of ToW, but when I start the game it shows me that I have unlocked 7/9 medic weapons. Looking through other classes it is clear that these things are likely in the game files, but no assignments yet and ToW is still shown as "soon". Vehicle customization is also in, but only partially and the shop is also not included.

While I appreciate a delay of only one day, I think the update policy is rather confusing.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 2:19pm

Hey so I'm just messing around on the firing range with the new patch. I noticed there's no thread yet and didn't think I should make one myself. But there are a bunch of new options settings now and I thought it might be good to ask other controller users what setting they use. Maybe it would be better to create a controller thread. Not sure.

So we now have:

Uniform vehicle aiming: Much like with the soldier version I'm never quite sure whether this is good or bad. I have it at 50% with the standard 133% ration and am scared to mess with it. Does anyone have better info on how this helps?

Vertical aim ratio: Pretty sure this is new. I left it at 48% for infantry because at 100% it kept making me overcompensate for vertical recoil and shoot the ground. Since vehicles don't have recoil I've put mine at 100% to make aiming turrets/ MGs more consistent. So I'll see how that goes. My Kubel MG is feeling very smooth and natural.

I thought while I was here I might ask what deadzones people use. I have left stick at 15%. Any lower and I keep accidentally going off my bipod. I have right stick at 10% for center, 15% for axial. I want the aiming to be snappy but without randomly drifting around.

Given the nature of this thread maybe it would be good if some pros posted any traps to watch out for when choosing settings. Is there anything in the default settings that everyone should change?