Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, December 3rd 2018, 12:14pm

The only real way to do it would be to have some maps set as "early war" with tank selection being Panzer 2,3 and 4 and "late war" with the Panzer 4, 5 and 6. But then you would probably have to change gadgets like the panzerfaust into AT rifles too. It would probably just be a mess.

It's all very jarring, but understandable from a gameplay point of view. At least this game actually ackowledges that the first half the war happened and doesn't just start in 1942 or even 1944 like some games. A lot of the playerbase just seems to be annoyed that the game isn't taking the route many games take by just ripping of scenes from famous movies/ TV shows (looking at you CoD)

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, December 3rd 2018, 1:46pm

I mean it is all part of marketing. You could probably make a case and say: This is all coming: Panther, TIger, M1, Arisaka, PPsH, D-Day, Kursk etc. and get away with it unscathed, as long as you sell it right to the players. Marketing wise this game was a desaster, though.

The same can be said about any in-game mechanic. I mean they have these fancy embedded videos in the main menu, they could have done the same in battlelog in BF3 and 4 showing off their vision and detailed the mechanical aspects, when it comes to suppression. You do not need to agree with it, but at least you know how it works, can adapt to it, and maybe start to like it, or at least not mind the implementation.

But alas, with how they focused on selling that "you hit where you aim"-nonsense and with a former e-sport enthusiast as gunplay designer, I would not think we will see this.

It's actually a big thumbs down for reviewers that the iconic stuff like that isnt in (the Eastern Front things, the US forces, etc). You cant market an all-out WW2 game and not have that in. It's basically an half-arsed Seppuku with a spoon. But no only that, DICE managed to make BF more shallow with each consecutive title by removing previous features. Like mortars, like suppression, like all the good things of Battlelog statistics. It only results in BF getting more akin to CoD and making it more bland and bleak.

The promise that it will be in just isnt good enough. Then call it 'early acces' like Steam games. But not this half effort in retailform.

The CTE will inevitably come for this game. Again. Nothing to be proud of. The big symptom of a rushed game.
RIP Sraw

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, December 3rd 2018, 2:24pm

The only real way to do it would be to have some maps set as "early war" with tank selection being Panzer 2,3 and 4 and "late war" with the Panzer 4, 5 and 6. But then you would probably have to change gadgets like the panzerfaust into AT rifles too. It would probably just be a mess.

And you'd need weapon selection to be different, too. MG34, MP34, etc. as "early war" and MG42, MP40, etc. as "late war". Heck, you could also add in effects like the ammo pouches/crates not working as well for a particular side if that side was, historically, low on supplies. This would be an interesting, Project Reality-style game that I'd probably play, but not Battlefield.

The same can be said about any in-game mechanic. I mean they have these fancy embedded videos in the main menu, they could have done the same in battlelog in BF3 and 4 showing off their vision and detailed the mechanical aspects, when it comes to suppression. You do not need to agree with it, but at least you know how it works, can adapt to it, and maybe start to like it, or at least not mind the implementation.

Speaking (tangentially) of all the embedded videos and stuff: The fancy, full-3D-rendered menu backgrounds have crashed my graphics drivers twice (I've had no problems during gameplay). There's a "feature" we sure don't need.

It's actually a big thumbs down for reviewers that the iconic stuff like that isnt in (the Eastern Front things, the US forces, etc). You cant market an all-out WW2 game and not have that in. ... The promise that it will be in just isnt good enough. Then call it 'early acces' like Steam games. But not this half effort in retailform.

I see where you're coming from; from a marketing perspective, in general it's probably a failure. As for me, personally, I kind of like it. Starting with some of the lesser-known early-war stuff and building up to the iconic confrontations (could Omaha Beach be Operation Metro 1944?) has a nice suspense to it. (I say "lesser-known" because I'm from the US where the cultural narrative is basically that we won the war for the effete Europeans by hauling our huge dicks up the beach at Normandy.)