Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, November 20th 2018, 1:41am

This goes for the AT guns too. If the AA can do it, then there's no reason these can't.

You do realize that the AA guns specifically have 360 degree firing arcs because their actual engineering allows them to do so?

The AT guns have physical limitations on how far they can traverse.

Well they managed it with the Field Gun. Just make it rotate on the spot. Why must BFv's vehicles suffer so many limitations for the sake of being more realistic when infantry are still so agile?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 20th 2018, 2:03am

This goes for the AT guns too. If the AA can do it, then there's no reason these can't.

You do realize that the AA guns specifically have 360 degree firing arcs because their actual engineering allows them to do so?

Well they managed it with the Field Gun. Just make it rotate on the spot. Why must BFv's vehicles suffer so many limitations for the sake of being more realistic when infantry are still so agile?

But infantry do get hit by "realism" with all the animation locks. The landing animation is so long, you can execute the 4HK knife attack before they can shoot you.

The FK96 has one supporting arm, not two that are on either side of the gun.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 20th 2018, 3:08pm

Because vehicle play doesn't matter - YouTube

So in this one 30 second clip of gameplay I experience:

1. My machinegun's sight being out of alignment with where my bullets were going.

2. Having to cycle slowly through all seats in the vehicle in order to move and fire.

3. Sticky aim assist boning my aim. When on foot it actively drags your aim onto the enemy. When in a vehicle it simply slows your aim speed when you are aiming near an enemy. These are not the same thing. So a soldier firing back at me essentially locks onto me. I on the other hand experience nothing but inconsistent aim speed, meaning it is far harder to drag my weapon onto the target. In practice what this means is having to turn aim assist slowdown off every time I spawn into a vehicle if I want to be able to use my weapons. This is presumably also affecting all console players even if they don't realize it, and may explain why so many players are awful at hitting anything in their tanks.

On the whole, the damage of these weapons is fine, but the sluggishness of using vehicles in combat, especially when they lose a preposterous 50% health from a single panzerfaust is really enough to turn me off even bothering.

Sort your shit out DICE.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 21st 2018, 5:15am

2. Having to cycle slowly through all seats in the vehicle in order to move and fire.

Not anymore! You can map individual seats with the custom button mapping. Mapping all of them would take too many buttons and is entirely unneeded, the key one to map is Seat 1, so you can quickly take control of any vehicle. I have Switch Seats on A, and Seat 1 on Y.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 21st 2018, 5:47am

But infantry do get hit by "realism" with all the animation locks. The landing animation is so long, you can execute the 4HK knife attack before they can shoot you.

The FK96 has one supporting arm, not two that are on either side of the gun.

Not anymore! You can map individual seats with the custom button mapping. Mapping all of them would take too many buttons and is entirely unneeded, the key one to map is Seat 1, so you can quickly take control of any vehicle. I have Switch Seats on A, and Seat 1 on Y.

Really? Man, gonna have to see if I can do this on PS4. Thanks.

Edit: yep, this works on PS4. I definitely rescind this part of my criticism. my SDKFZ 251 and 251/10 are now badass killing machines.

Unfortunately we still have some problems with the HMG being out of alignment with its own sight. Will upload a clip next time I have one. This applies to every MG, from the Kubel, to the Tank top gunner, to the halftrack. Most of the time it's fine but sometimes the ADS is woefully misaligned with where the bullets are going. Normally I'd be happy to accept that as a release version has bugs, since AAA games these days are effectively betas where you pay $100 to be the testers. The only reason I bring it up is that with vehicles like these I know DICE has a habit of ignoring them. So for any DICE personnel listening, THE MGS ARE OUT OF ALIGNMENT!!!

Also, with my next clip I plan to demonstrate that the MGs are also janky as hell. I'm not sure if it's lag or the aim assist, bug whenever I move the sight it moves to the correct position... then a little bit more. the sight dances around and I'm not sure why. It feels like input lag. I will post a clip soon.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hau_ruck" (Nov 21st 2018, 12:15pm)

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 23rd 2018, 2:16pm

Anyone else feel that the AA gun is hilariously terrible at its job? I know pilots whinge if there's even the slightest chance they might die in a round but goddamn, i'm landing hits on a bomber and each one is doing 1 damage. So the planes are far harder to hit than in BF1 due to their speed and even when you do hit them it does nothing anyway.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, November 23rd 2018, 2:49pm

I've had no trouble hitting them. However they either seem to have more health than before or you get points for hitting not for damage. Considering they are on quite a few places I would say this is balanced. What I have trouble with is identifiying enemy planes at longer ranges.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, November 23rd 2018, 4:57pm

Anyone else feel that the AA gun is hilariously terrible at its job? I know pilots whinge if there's even the slightest chance they might die in a round but goddamn, i'm landing hits on a bomber and each one is doing 1 damage. So the planes are far harder to hit than in BF1 due to their speed and even when you do hit them it does nothing anyway.

DICE has confirmed that AA gun damage will be buffed against bombers in the december 4th patch. They're also supposedly fixing a bug that makes bombers invulnerable to AAA when they are flying away from the gun.
bob

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 11:20am

DICE has confirmed that AA gun damage will be buffed against bombers in the december 4th patch. They're also supposedly fixing a bug that makes bombers invulnerable to AAA when they are flying away from the gun.

Cheers for the update. I didn't want to say it felt bugged, as that's often just hyperbolic and I haven't actually used it that much, but from what experience I do have it seems underequipped to deal with its targets.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 1:48pm

Talking of making mistakes, do you think DICE left an opportunity out by not having any viable suppression system in BF5?
RIP Sraw