Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 12:19pm

AA is easier to use than on BF1. On BF1 after the last AA change, you needed direct hit to inflict enough damage, while on BF5 splash damage will do the same damage.

Also because of map design, AA got enough range to shoot planes from almost all over the map.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 1:23pm

DICE AA - YouTube

Look out pilots! DICE AA is watching the skies!

Stationary AA is comically bad in BFV. So bad, that I never use them, and so bad, I am surprised they haven't been buffed already. How are the vehicle mounted AA? Serviceable?

It's still bad. It wont deter bombers that will bomb your base (and your behind the AA gun). It's BF1's 'first 6 months' kindof bad.

I'm apalled that DICE cant get these things right after all that feedback.
Also, panzerfausts dont one-shot (even) fighters anymore since patchdate.
RIP Sraw

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 2:36pm

Dice sees all the community feedback and decides to buff Panzerfaust damage and airplane resistance to small arms fire....

Now I don't want to be a Debbie Downer and a lot of the changes are good, but these two in particular are crazy.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 2:55pm

Why? Tank resistance is on the perfect state at the moment. They don't take anymore insane damage per shot vs panzerfaust.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 10:10pm

I liked it when facing mattered.

The patch has made the sides, rear, and turret of the light tank all basically share the same multipliers.

There is less reward and punishment for both your ability to face a tank and maneuvering around that as infantry.

The only aspect of damage that made panzerfaust's damage "insane" was the super punishing multiplier for bad angles and the fact multiple parts shared multipliers equal to the rear.

All that was needed was to make glancing blows like a 0.5x multiplier instead of a 0.01x multiplier and to make sure the best multipliers are on the rear exclusively.

Then you'd be able to reduce damage received through good tanking. We did not need a patch that ACTUALLY reduced the skillgap.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, December 7th 2018, 9:11am

I think this was done because of consistency, also from the tanker's POV, to reduce general frustration. Assessing threat levels when you get hit for 3 to 50 points of damage is pretty tough. For the Panzerfaust users, you might have put yourself in a favourable side position, which can take ages, just to find the tank changing his angle when you have to fire. I think it is better this way, especially when you consider these open maps.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, December 7th 2018, 10:01am

Reducing how harsh glancing blows are would reduce the range of those values and help the infantry.

Making each face more unique would further help identify threat levels because you cannot just be struck for nearly the same damage from any angle.

If you put yourself in a favorable position and find the tank rotating, you can simply not take the shot and reposition. If the turning is being done specifically to reduce your chance of good damage, maybe the tanker should be rewarded for correctly identifying you as a threat and adjusting facing accordingly?

The change does nothing but make the gameplay more simple and not in a good way.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 7th 2018, 6:38pm

I liked it when facing mattered.

The patch has made the sides, rear, and turret of the light tank all basically share the same multipliers.

There is less reward and punishment for both your ability to face a tank and maneuvering around that as infantry.

The only aspect of damage that made panzerfaust's damage "insane" was the super punishing multiplier for bad angles and the fact multiple parts shared multipliers equal to the rear.

All that was needed was to make glancing blows like a 0.5x multiplier instead of a 0.01x multiplier and to make sure the best multipliers are on the rear exclusively.

Then you'd be able to reduce damage received through good tanking. We did not need a patch that ACTUALLY reduced the skillgap.
It's still really fine tbh. If light tanks were not squishy, then infantry would have no chance. They just need to nerf AA tank and I feel tank balance is fine. And change the useless tree spec for 3/4 of tanks, especially anti tank shells.

On light tanks however, I get my engine/tracks disabled on front hit, that shouldn't happen. And I still can't fix them manually with my repair tool.

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, December 7th 2018, 7:50pm

It's still really fine tbh. If light tanks were not squishy, then infantry would have no chance. They just need to nerf AA tank and I feel tank balance is fine.

Thanks for being honest with us, but Noctyrne is still making a very good point.

Facing mattering is much more interesting as it hinges on input from both participants in an engagement (angling tank to take less damage, moving/flanking to get a better angle, countering that again etc.). It's more interaction, taking the game towards deeper gameplay instead of an aiming contest

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. It’s a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)

Posts I should finish sometime:
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Vehicle gamplay
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, December 7th 2018, 9:20pm

I am with Jojo on this one. Look at the cool maps we have, getting a better angle requires repositioning that might just not be at all doable. If I am meeting a tank out in the open on Twisted Steel (90% of the time) I can not angle myself any better because I am probably at the only point of cover there is. So I must take the shots, retreat or flank around 300m. If I am on Rotterdam, there might be no room for repositioning either. I might only have window X or that barricade and to my right is a wall and a canal to the left. A hefty angle penalty is just too limiting. I would agree though that precise shots with the AT stuff are also not super fun.