Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:13. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, November 28th 2018, 2:35pm

The vehicle upgrades are the easiest thing in the game to unlock, there's really no reasonable way to complain about them. I'm not even a "vehicle main" and I already have eight vehicles at Rank 4; literally the first time I spawned the Panzer 38(t), I went on a 13 killstreak and got it to Rank 2.5 in one life.

The Panzerfaust issues are irrelevant to upgrades, as its damage is bugged, simple as that. With this (and a few other bugs and minor QoL issues) fixed, vehicle balance will be one of the best we've ever seen.
Even with panzerfaust fix, tanks don't feel fine (= not as good as on others BF, so it's better playing infantry unless enemy team doesn't have any assaults, yep it happens). Splash damage on shell is really weak, 3rd person view aiming sucks and all tanks lack mobility because their tracks/wheels get disabled on almost every shot. Also repairing time is a big problem, no one wants to spend 6 seconds repairing his tank.

Also, most upgrades are bad/useless. Except some good ones which are sadly overpowered (and need a nerf?)

I don't even think Panzerfaust damage is bugged, it's just that turrets are configured to have the same damage multiplier no matter what angle you hit it at... And that is the same 1.67x multiplier you get for a good hit on the rear.

No matter how bad your angle is, if you hit the turret it's the same as a direct hit to the rear.

Panzer 38t Rear multiplier table

Source code

FloatCurve ffb6f4dbe847894a826620331142c392
    $::DataContainer
        member(0)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 0.0
            Y 0.20000000298
            K 0.0
        member(1)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 15.0
            Y 0.20000000298
            K 0.0
        member(2)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 15.0
            Y 0.20000000298
            K 0.0
        member(3)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 85.0
            Y 1.66999995708
            K 0.0
        member(4)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 90.0
            Y 1.66999995708
            K 0.0
    CurveType FloatCurveType_Linear

Panzer 38t Turret multiplier table

Source code

FloatCurve 7f5b0c45539cc841875280893f22b364
    $::DataContainer
        member(0)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 0.0
            Y 1.66999995708
            K 0.0
        member(1)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 90.0
            Y 1.66999995708
            K 0.0
    CurveType FloatCurveType_Linear

The real fix would be to not make the turret a gigantic version of the rear face of the tank.
I don't think that's the problem. Otherwise tanks and others AT gadjets would do the same damage as panzerfaust. Tank shells used to do more damage than panzerfaust during the beta, so they also changed the damage. And for maximum damage, you have to shoot rear or front part, not the turret.

And for special tank, I generally use it to support my team. The tank itself isn't worth playing it so I don't redeploy to take it, but it's one of the best reinforcement (better than missile imo) especially on maps with only 1 tank available. (if both tanks play together)

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, November 28th 2018, 2:55pm

Hmm yeah, I can see that. Honestly redeploying is nothing that I ever consider in a regular BF game. I would like to use call-ins from the deploy screen, or at least see a timer, when a Pakwagen is going to spawn, and when it disappears.

The game is also rather buggy and intransparent with the call-ins. Often enough I can not select a single piece and have to reuse the wheel, or I have to call-in something else first before I can use the V1. The V1 apparently can only be used once at the same time, and the binoculars sometimes do not work or bug out. Is the limit also applicable for the Sturmtiger and Pakwagen? Can there only be one of each on the map at the same time?

I think the wheel lets you know how many. I think it's normally 2 Pakwagens and 1 sturmtiger (or their allied equivalents).

Nice to know other people are having to just redeploy like that, just like me. Although I was hoping there was some simpler way that maybe I was missing. The timer thing is incredibly dumb too. The vehicle should just stay there for the rest of the round, but if you go to spawn in it when your team has already reached the limit you should just be notified that you'll have to wait.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 28th 2018, 9:47pm

@Jojo_Bizarre

Seems like super high turret damage is something that happens on a few tanks. Tanks like the Panzer IV have 1.0x times while the 38t has 1.67x

I don't think that's the problem. Otherwise tanks and others AT gadjets would do the same damage as panzerfaust.

And no, that's not how the angle damage works. Unless the projectiles have the same base damage and the same material multipliers, they will not have the same damage. While the damage might not be the same, the multiplier applies proportionally to all projectiles.

The front is not the same as the rear, far from it. The Panzer IV for example is 1.2x on the front, 1.0x on the turret, and 2.2x on the rear for good hits. Clearly the front is not maximum damage.

As for changes in damage, ignoring material multipliers the faust experienced a 25% increase in direct damage (200 -> 250) and 54% increase in blast damage (55 -> 85).

The Panzer IV's cannon experienced a 15% decrease in direct damage (100 -> 85) and no change in blast damage (100 -> 100).
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Oct 24th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, November 30th 2018, 6:07pm

I hope they keep the rear damage multiplier. It would be a shame if we went back to the idiot-proofed vehicles of BF1

But I think tanks feel way too sluggish. It's not like they can shift all that quickly to deal with flanking AT. That should change to reward tank players with good situational awareness.

1-WHO-1

Steadiest Stick in the Sky

(57)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, December 3rd 2018, 5:17pm

The vehicle upgrades are the easiest thing in the game to unlock, there's really no reasonable way to complain about them. I'm not even a "vehicle main" and I already have eight vehicles at Rank 4; literally the first time I spawned the Panzer 38(t), I went on a 13 killstreak and got it to Rank 2.5 in one life.

It's not unlocking that's the problem for me, its the "company coin" it takes to purchase the upgrade. To fully upgrade a vehicle takes about 3k CC, which is about 3 hours (or so) of gameplay. So for the same class of vehicle on both factions, that's 6 hours. Battlefield 3/4 was about an hour to unlock a vehicle class on both sides. I hardly played BF1, so I can't comment there, but a 6x increase feels like a grind to me.

On a separate issue, I feel like the underside of tanks could be invulnerable? I've been on the giving and receiving end of shots to the belly of a tank and taken/received no damage...
- Don't be a Mini-bob

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, December 3rd 2018, 9:21pm

Apparently the material multipliers for the faust are 1.0x direct for heavies, 1.2x direct for mediums, and 1.5x for lights. Blast is 1.0x for heavies, 1.1x for mediums, 1.25x for lights.

Panzerfaust damage on a turret shot vs 38t = (250 * 1.5 * 1.67) + (85 * 1.25) = 732.5 damage to the vehicle

If systemic damage was being applied to the vehicle's health as well, there is so little health after this initial calc that the 38t would probably be dead. I don't think there's such thing as a bug applying systemic damage as normal damage.

What I personally believe is happening with the double hit marker is that the damage calculation is so slow now, it's processing direct and blast damage on separate frames.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Dec 3rd 2018, 9:27pm)

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 2:28pm

The new gunner crouch looks to be very cool. Just messing around with it now. I was expecting a fairly slow "climb down into the turret" animation which would have been useless. Instead he snaps back in very fast. I'll have to wait and see if any part of the model can still be hit. If so it won't change much. One strange thing is you can blindfire. I'd been expecting (at best) that we'd get a 3p view to look around and find targets with. Instead we can actually keep firing with the (3hk) Machinegun.

edit: On the downside, some clown at DICE decided that AT guns just weren't terrible enough with their lack of proper shields and minimal splash damage, now they've added a reload animation. This would be fine if it didn't automatically play when you fire the gun, meaning you can't see where your shell lands. The reason this animation worked for the field gun in BF1 was that you got to choose when to load the next shell, so you could fire, see where it landed, then reload. With this feature gone, AT guns are even worse than before. This is combined with their inability to turn, broken towing physics, lack of towing vehicles and lack of enemy tanks to shoot at most of the time. 1 step forward, 3 steps back for DICE as usual.

edit 2:

DICE AA - YouTube

Look out pilots! DICE AA is watching the skies!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hau_ruck" (Dec 5th 2018, 4:38pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 8:06pm

DICE AA - YouTube

Stationary AA is comically bad in BFV. So bad, that I never use them, and so bad, I am surprised they haven't been buffed already. How are the vehicle mounted AA? Serviceable?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 8:39pm

Gunner crouch is really good, you can blindfire, which is not very helpful usually, but the crouch is quick and you can even look a round a bit. What I would like to see is the ADS animation gone, so that the top gunner is just as effective as the coaxial gunner.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 1:47am

DICE AA - YouTube

Stationary AA is comically bad in BFV. So bad, that I never use them, and so bad, I am surprised they haven't been buffed already. How are the vehicle mounted AA? Serviceable?

I've used the Wirbelwind in the test range as for some reason it and the Churchill appear to be only 2 available vehicles. The game spawns in planes for you to shoot at and even fighters take quite a while to kill and you have to lead them by a long way.

I think DICE needs to decided whether the AA is going to be strong but require a lot of leading the target, or weak but easy to use. At the moment it's hard to hit targets AND barely does anything when you do. It's even worse than the BF1 AA was after pilots whinged and DICE nerfed it. At least when it gets destroyed you can rebuild it unlike the Paks and MGs which are gone for the rest of the round for some reason.