Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:13. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, November 27th 2018, 11:29pm

The vehicle upgrades are the easiest thing in the game to unlock, there's really no reasonable way to complain about them. I'm not even a "vehicle main" and I already have eight vehicles at Rank 4; literally the first time I spawned the Panzer 38(t), I went on a 13 killstreak and got it to Rank 2.5 in one life.

The Panzerfaust issues are irrelevant to upgrades, as its damage is bugged, simple as that. With this (and a few other bugs and minor QoL issues) fixed, vehicle balance will be one of the best we've ever seen.
Even with panzerfaust fix, tanks don't feel fine (= not as good as on others BF, so it's better playing infantry unless enemy team doesn't have any assaults, yep it happens). Splash damage on shell is really weak, 3rd person view aiming sucks and all tanks lack mobility because their tracks/wheels get disabled on almost every shot. Also repairing time is a big problem, no one wants to spend 6 seconds repairing his tank.

Also, most upgrades are bad/useless. Except some good ones which are sadly overpowered (and need a nerf?)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 27th 2018, 11:46pm

The vehicle upgrades are the easiest thing in the game to unlock, there's really no reasonable way to complain about them. I'm not even a "vehicle main" and I already have eight vehicles at Rank 4; literally the first time I spawned the Panzer 38(t), I went on a 13 killstreak and got it to Rank 2.5 in one life.

The Panzerfaust issues are irrelevant to upgrades, as its damage is bugged, simple as that. With this (and a few other bugs and minor QoL issues) fixed, vehicle balance will be one of the best we've ever seen.
Even with panzerfaust fix, tanks don't feel fine (= not as good as on others BF, so it's better playing infantry unless enemy team doesn't have any assaults, yep it happens). Splash damage on shell is really weak, 3rd person view aiming sucks and all tanks lack mobility because their tracks/wheels get disabled on almost every shot. Also repairing time is a big problem, no one wants to spend 6 seconds repairing his tank.

Also, most upgrades are bad/useless. Except some good ones which are sadly overpowered (and need a nerf?)

I don't even think Panzerfaust damage is bugged, it's just that turrets are configured to have the same damage multiplier no matter what angle you hit it at... And that is the same 1.67x multiplier you get for a good hit on the rear.

No matter how bad your angle is, if you hit the turret it's the same as a direct hit to the rear.

Panzer 38t Rear multiplier table

Source code

FloatCurve ffb6f4dbe847894a826620331142c392
    $::DataContainer
        member(0)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 0.0
            Y 0.20000000298
            K 0.0
        member(1)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 15.0
            Y 0.20000000298
            K 0.0
        member(2)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 15.0
            Y 0.20000000298
            K 0.0
        member(3)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 85.0
            Y 1.66999995708
            K 0.0
        member(4)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 90.0
            Y 1.66999995708
            K 0.0
    CurveType FloatCurveType_Linear

Panzer 38t Turret multiplier table

Source code

FloatCurve 7f5b0c45539cc841875280893f22b364
    $::DataContainer
        member(0)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 0.0
            Y 1.66999995708
            K 0.0
        member(1)::FloatCurvePoint
            X 90.0
            Y 1.66999995708
            K 0.0
    CurveType FloatCurveType_Linear

The real fix would be to not make the turret a gigantic version of the rear face of the tank.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, November 28th 2018, 2:14am

Just gonna drop in and say that (like with every previous entry) DICE needs to allow players to lock their vehicles to prevent trolls/ terrible players from ruining vehicle play. Spending nearly 10 000 points to get an AT halftrack, redeploying so you actually get to use it, driving into a perfect position, switching to one of the weapons only to have some twat spawn into it and drive it into a wall or just drive straight at the nearest flag and get us both immediately killed has got to be the single most frustrating/ rage inducing experience that Battlefield has to offer.

You let us lock squads, yet won't let us lock vehicles.... wtf?

Well that is easy to answer. For all the people who want to use the vehicles in a sensible way, there are a thousand that just want to use it for fun, for transport or trolling. MAtter of fact, the halftrack you carefully positioned might be desperately needed for transport, or as a force multiplier on the front. Locking squads is also a pretty awful idea in this game, or more precisely the default squad lock when you play with mates, since it puts people in solo squads a lot. Assessing the whole picture is pretty hard to do in BF, so what is good for oneself, might not be clear for everyone else.

This whole concept is wrong. Can you imagine if, when you spawned into a tank, any player could then spawn into it at any time and kick you out of the driver's seat and take over the vehicle? Or if someone could just boot you out of your own plane mid-flight? If I spent the points on the halftrack, then I should be able to use it. Not some moron who thinks "ptfo" means drive over mines as quickly as possible.

Just because you think you could put a vehicle to better use doesn't mean you get to just steal it from another player. This is how it works with tanks and planes, and how it needs to work with everything else.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 28th 2018, 5:19am

Tanks simply need to not take bonus damage from critical hits (they should simply serve to disable that part), and tanks would be fine.

The third person "crosshair" is not a crosshair, it's purely meant to show the difference between where you're looking and your turret. You're not supposed to actually shoot in third person, as it should be. User error.

I've now hit Rank 4 for all tanks but the Churchill Mk VII and Valentine AA (as I had put them off to work on their other variants), and my opinion hasn't changed. Fixing the bonus part damage (bug or not) will almost entirely fix tanks all by itself.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, November 28th 2018, 5:28am

The Allied 6 Pounder AT gun has a shield that doesn't block small arms fire from the front. Can I have my BF1 Field gun back please? This gun is garbage tier.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 28th 2018, 11:07am

Just gonna drop in and say that (like with every previous entry) DICE needs to allow players to lock their vehicles to prevent trolls/ terrible players from ruining vehicle play. Spending nearly 10 000 points to get an AT halftrack, redeploying so you actually get to use it, driving into a perfect position, switching to one of the weapons only to have some twat spawn into it and drive it into a wall or just drive straight at the nearest flag and get us both immediately killed has got to be the single most frustrating/ rage inducing experience that Battlefield has to offer.

Well that is easy to answer. For all the people who want to use the vehicles in a sensible way, there are a thousand that just want to use it for fun, for transport or trolling. MAtter of fact, the halftrack you carefully positioned might be desperately needed for transport, or as a force multiplier on the front. Locking squads is also a pretty awful idea in this game, or more precisely the default squad lock when you play with mates, since it puts people in solo squads a lot. Assessing the whole picture is pretty hard to do in BF, so what is good for oneself, might not be clear for everyone else.

This whole concept is wrong. Can you imagine if, when you spawned into a tank, any player could then spawn into it at any time and kick you out of the driver's seat and take over the vehicle? Or if someone could just boot you out of your own plane mid-flight? If I spent the points on the halftrack, then I should be able to use it. Not some moron who thinks "ptfo" means drive over mines as quickly as possible.

Just because you think you could put a vehicle to better use doesn't mean you get to just steal it from another player. This is how it works with tanks and planes, and how it needs to work with everything else.

Aah sorry, you mean the Pakwagen, I just read halftrack. Yeah this is a case where a squad lock would be justifiable. Sorry clear misread. On that topic: I spend the points yesterday for a Pakwagen and was under the impression that it would be entered via spawn screen. BUt I never saw it there when I died a couple of minutes later. When I spawned the Sturmtiger however it was enterable from the deploy screen pretty much right away. Does it despawn, or is it enterable only from the base itself, like the regular transports?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 28th 2018, 11:42am

Aah sorry, you mean the Pakwagen, I just read halftrack. Yeah this is a case where a squad lock would be justifiable. Sorry clear misread. On that topic: I spend the points yesterday for a Pakwagen and was under the impression that it would be entered via spawn screen. BUt I never saw it there when I died a couple of minutes later. When I spawned the Sturmtiger however it was enterable from the deploy screen pretty much right away. Does it despawn, or is it enterable only from the base itself, like the regular transports?

You have a timer to spawn it. It's just long enough for you to call it in, immediately redeploy, and drive it for yourself.

By the time a couple minutes passes, you lost your chance to spawn it.
Data Browser

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 28th 2018, 11:49am

Thx for the clarification. I think that is a bit silly. I had spare points and the round was likely only lasting 5-10 more minutes, I figured better to use them than to lose them. And we just survived a couple of minutes longer. Wouldn't it be better then to be able to call in squad-reinforcements through the deploy screen as well? Would also increase the accuracy of the supply drop and V1.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 28th 2018, 11:52am

I always redeploy when calling my stuff in though. I also wait for the rest of my squad to be alive before I do it to make sure it's not some random that doesn't know how to drive.

I paid 20k points to call in the Sturmtiger. I'm not going to lose it to some idiot that thinks it's supposed to be the first to push into a point. It has happened and it's infuriating.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 28th 2018, 12:02pm

Hmm yeah, I can see that. Honestly redeploying is nothing that I ever consider in a regular BF game. I would like to use call-ins from the deploy screen, or at least see a timer, when a Pakwagen is going to spawn, and when it disappears.

The game is also rather buggy and intransparent with the call-ins. Often enough I can not select a single piece and have to reuse the wheel, or I have to call-in something else first before I can use the V1. The V1 apparently can only be used once at the same time, and the binoculars sometimes do not work or bug out. Is the limit also applicable for the Sturmtiger and Pakwagen? Can there only be one of each on the map at the same time?