Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:13. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 9:59pm

BY the way, if there are no seat-switching animations, are there exit animations for planes? I can not recall.
Yes, there are. Surprisingly enough. There are even neat seatswitch animations for seatswitching in halftrack-vehicles.
RIP Sraw

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, November 25th 2018, 1:48pm

I cant believe DICE never thoroughly playtested the bombers.

The instant seatswitching is also really bad with them.

It's like DICE thought: everything we learned from previous BF games? Nah, let's throw it out the window!

Yeah it is quite frustrating that it is possible to bomb the spawn zone two seconds after the round has started. I do not know who thought of that as a good idea.

Although I would say the effect the bombers have are overestimated. They are frustrating similar to BF1 planes, because it is a OHK from an asset that you usually can not see. I also have not seen bombing camera that they gave the bombers, but not adding mortars because two people could potentially go 20-0 with them, with a skillless weapon and then adding a plane that, with a similar system, can go 90-0 is a bit ironic.
DICE also never found a way to balance crew-based planes right. Being the tailgunner is just an immensly boring experience in any plane. BY the way, if there are no seat-switching animations, are there exit animations for planes? I can not recall. Because I thought that was the whole point of having them in the first place.
Well, BF1 gunner seat was extremly satisfying, at least for AP planes and after for bombers when the MG was 360 degrees. Right now, gunner seats are bugged, you can't spawn on 2 seats planes, only in the 3 seats ones. But I'm sure it's going to be really fun once its fixed.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, November 26th 2018, 2:24am

I've been a rear gunner a couple of times now and the planes are so fast it just about made me motion sick lol. Not even sure what plane I was in but it had an underbelly auto cannon that looked and sounded cool but was impossible to hit anything with due to how fast we were moving and because it had no splash damage.

1-WHO-1

Steadiest Stick in the Sky

(57)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, November 26th 2018, 3:21pm

There are a few things I'm curious about. 1) I feel like the top gunner position in tanks may be bugged. It almost seems like any damage to a tank will kill the top gunner.

2) I'm curious what the differences are between the tanks. Obviously speed and rotation. You can frontally kill a tiger with the British scout car, so there's clearly no penetration values. I'm thinking maybe the larger vehicles have more health and their guns do more damage with bigger splash?

Also one last thing that seems incredibly obvious to me is that the structure of unlocks is definitely configured like a pay to win game. The unlocks are so much more powerful than the standard equipment. There's no pay to win (yet) but I'm concerned about the structure of unlocks and rate of "company coin". The game feels much like Warthunder if you purchased $60 worth of XP boosts.
- Don't be a Mini-bob

Misnomer

Don't Prox Me Bro

(497)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, November 26th 2018, 7:21pm

Also one last thing that seems incredibly obvious to me is that the structure of unlocks is definitely configured like a pay to win game. The unlocks are so much more powerful than the standard equipment. There's no pay to win (yet) but I'm concerned about the structure of unlocks and rate of "company coin". The game feels much like Warthunder if you purchased $60 worth of XP boosts.

Vehicle unlocks are just the worst idea ever put into Battlefield. I will stand by that opinion forever. They are horrid to balance because all but the hardcore vehicle players won't unlock them for hundreds of hours of game time because vehicles simply aren't available for that many players. (8 out of 32 on a team?) Unlock trees like for infantry have no point on them...especially when it comes with a significant stats increase or important ability. BF3 jets not getting countermeasures immediately was the most egregious of the issues DICE has had doing this and just watch as the Panzerfausts get nerfed and then suddenly tanks become beasts with unlocks. Then we will need yet another balance patch.

It is clown shoes design.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, November 26th 2018, 8:47pm

It is clown shoes design.

Speaking of which, the vehicle handling feels like the driver and pilot have clown shoes on. Nothing of the fluidity of BF3, 4 or 1.

It's like BFV is still in beta of sorts.
RIP Sraw

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, November 26th 2018, 11:25pm

The vehicle upgrades are the easiest thing in the game to unlock, there's really no reasonable way to complain about them. I'm not even a "vehicle main" and I already have eight vehicles at Rank 4; literally the first time I spawned the Panzer 38(t), I went on a 13 killstreak and got it to Rank 2.5 in one life.

The Panzerfaust issues are irrelevant to upgrades, as its damage is bugged, simple as that. With this (and a few other bugs and minor QoL issues) fixed, vehicle balance will be one of the best we've ever seen.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 27th 2018, 11:30am

The Panzerfaust issues are irrelevant to upgrades, as its damage is bugged, simple as that. With this (and a few other bugs and minor QoL issues) fixed, vehicle balance will be one of the best we've ever seen.

That is a bold statement for sure. :D

I would agree though, that the vehicle upgrades for tanks are decently easy to get, the premise of unlocking crucial upgrades via kills/points is rather questionable. I think it is not as bad for infantry though.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 27th 2018, 4:45pm

Just gonna drop in and say that (like with every previous entry) DICE needs to allow players to lock their vehicles to prevent trolls/ terrible players from ruining vehicle play. Spending nearly 10 000 points to get an AT halftrack, redeploying so you actually get to use it, driving into a perfect position, switching to one of the weapons only to have some twat spawn into it and drive it into a wall or just drive straight at the nearest flag and get us both immediately killed has got to be the single most frustrating/ rage inducing experience that Battlefield has to offer.

You let us lock squads, yet won't let us lock vehicles.... wtf?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 27th 2018, 5:24pm

Just gonna drop in and say that (like with every previous entry) DICE needs to allow players to lock their vehicles to prevent trolls/ terrible players from ruining vehicle play. Spending nearly 10 000 points to get an AT halftrack, redeploying so you actually get to use it, driving into a perfect position, switching to one of the weapons only to have some twat spawn into it and drive it into a wall or just drive straight at the nearest flag and get us both immediately killed has got to be the single most frustrating/ rage inducing experience that Battlefield has to offer.

You let us lock squads, yet won't let us lock vehicles.... wtf?

Well that is easy to answer. For all the people who want to use the vehicles in a sensible way, there are a thousand that just want to use it for fun, for transport or trolling. MAtter of fact, the halftrack you carefully positioned might be desperately needed for transport, or as a force multiplier on the front. Locking squads is also a pretty awful idea in this game, or more precisely the default squad lock when you play with mates, since it puts people in solo squads a lot. Assessing the whole picture is pretty hard to do in BF, so what is good for oneself, might not be clear for everyone else.