Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:13. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 1:10am

Am I the only one seeing tanks just abandoned? I'm seeing one every hour or two and when I hop in it still has ammo.

Probably due to tank drivers crashing or getting disconnected from the server.
bob

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 12:10pm

You can hit with any bullets behind wooden walls. It deals twice less damage. In fact, that's often better than using a shell which will do too few damage.

I figure this is the case, but somehow in all my firing I only got that one hit for 6 damage.

Alignment - YouTube

BTW for everyone, here is a clip of the MG being out of alignment. I manage to land quite a few kills despite the glitch, but I really wish they'd fix this. It doesn't seem to happen every time, but you can clearly see the bullets going to the left of where I'm aiming. Come on DICE, I was more accurate with the BC2 XM312 on hardcore mode which didn't even have an aiming reticule and relied on tracers to find a target!

Edit: Also, what's up with the stats page not tracking my Vickers kills? I love that all this info is accessible in game once again (like it was in BC2), but it seems to lack a few things.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hau_ruck" (Nov 24th 2018, 12:15pm)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 12:12pm

The new resupply system is incapable of limiting damage output of planes.

If we look at the Strategic Heavy Bomber in BF1, it without a doubt carries the highest single anti-infantry payload in the game at 35 bomblets. The downside is that each bomb takes 10s to regenerate individually which limits how often it can perform a full barrage. Since it requires 2 bomblets to kill and because they are perfectly spaced out, you require a minimum of two clusters deployed to secure a kill. Ideally you save your payload for its intended target: massed infantry aka zergs. Dropping 2-5 cluster bombs on 20+ dudes is worth it. Dropping 2-5 on 1 dude is a complete waste of the payload and you will be useless for almost a full minute. Considering the Spotting Camera is capable of facing forward to scout for the zerg, there is no reason for you to not be able to drop your payload on the appropriate targets.

This is not true for BFV. Resupplying is limited only by how quickly you can get to the nearest resupply point. Once you do, your entire payload is restocked all at once. For a map like Twisted Steel, you are perfectly capable of unleashing 32 50kg bombs, 4 250kg bombs, and 1 1000kg bomb seemingly every 5 seconds. This is much more than even the Strategic Heavy Bomber could do before the reload speed nerf. The lack of 3D spotting would normally be an issue. You're flying blind. You have no idea where enemy targets are and therefore have no guidance on where to drop your bombs. That doesn't actually matter though. The rate at which you can resupply in a plane greatly reduces the impact of a wasted payload. You get another one in pretty much 10 seconds at most so you can pretty much just constantly lob bombs over the entire map without a worry.

I've done exactly this on pretty much every map with the JU-88 available. I have turned Arras into the moon. I have turned Twisted Steel into the moon. Same with Hamada, Narvik, etc. The resupply system enables near constant bombing on a scale that is clearly not what the forced location resupply promised. It's pretty much the exact same story as infantry: the new style of resupply prevents any sort of damage output regulation that would be achievable through timers because it gives everything back at once. There are items that do not need to be resupplied at the same frequency as other items. I do not need rockets as often as I need bullets. I do not need my access to bullets restricted by the frequency I receive rockets. But now, it all comes back at the same frequency.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 1:53pm

The new resupply system is incapable of limiting damage output of planes.

If we look at the Strategic Heavy Bomber in BF1, it without a doubt carries the highest single anti-infantry payload in the game at 35 bomblets. The downside is that each bomb takes 10s to regenerate individually which limits how often it can perform a full barrage. Since it requires 2 bomblets to kill and because they are perfectly spaced out, you require a minimum of two clusters deployed to secure a kill. Ideally you save your payload for its intended target: massed infantry aka zergs. Dropping 2-5 cluster bombs on 20+ dudes is worth it. Dropping 2-5 on 1 dude is a complete waste of the payload and you will be useless for almost a full minute. Considering the Spotting Camera is capable of facing forward to scout for the zerg, there is no reason for you to not be able to drop your payload on the appropriate targets.

This is not true for BFV. Resupplying is limited only by how quickly you can get to the nearest resupply point. Once you do, your entire payload is restocked all at once. For a map like Twisted Steel, you are perfectly capable of unleashing 32 50kg bombs, 4 250kg bombs, and 1 1000kg bomb seemingly every 5 seconds. This is much more than even the Strategic Heavy Bomber could do before the reload speed nerf. The lack of 3D spotting would normally be an issue. You're flying blind. You have no idea where enemy targets are and therefore have no guidance on where to drop your bombs. That doesn't actually matter though. The rate at which you can resupply in a plane greatly reduces the impact of a wasted payload. You get another one in pretty much 10 seconds at most so you can pretty much just constantly lob bombs over the entire map without a worry.

I've done exactly this on pretty much every map with the JU-88 available. I have turned Arras into the moon. I have turned Twisted Steel into the moon. Same with Hamada, Narvik, etc. The resupply system enables near constant bombing on a scale that is clearly not what the forced location resupply promised. It's pretty much the exact same story as infantry: the new style of resupply prevents any sort of damage output regulation that would be achievable through timers because it gives everything back at once. There are items that do not need to be resupplied at the same frequency as other items. I do not need rockets as often as I need bullets. I do not need my access to bullets restricted by the frequency I receive rockets. But now, it all comes back at the same frequency.
All in all, do you think the BFV supply system for airplanes makes a difference, compared to how the predecessors (BF1, BF4, BF3) treated the ammopool-replenishing?
RIP Sraw

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 2:31pm

From what I understand they're taking away the ability to restock your plane at your enemy's base, which should increase the time between bombardments, not sure by how much tho.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 4:11pm

Is Dice aware of tank issues? It really gets boring to play tanker. And I hope they will also remove autospot from staghound and 38T, it's an integrated wallhack. Most of the time I manage to spot people (as soon as I get +5 spot score, I know I spotted someone) while I don't even see them once spotted, I have to look at the minimap.

Again not long ago, I did a deflecting blow with my panzerfaust ... for 36 damage, as it deals twice damage. My best so far, 55 damage vs tiger (front hit) and 100 damage vs staghound. While halftrack is the hardest vehicle to destroy imo.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 6:05pm

You can hit with any bullets behind wooden walls. It deals twice less damage. In fact, that's often better than using a shell which will do too few damage.

I figure this is the case, but somehow in all my firing I only got that one hit for 6 damage.

Alignment - YouTube

BTW for everyone, here is a clip of the MG being out of alignment. I manage to land quite a few kills despite the glitch, but I really wish they'd fix this. It doesn't seem to happen every time, but you can clearly see the bullets going to the left of where I'm aiming. Come on DICE, I was more accurate with the BC2 XM312 on hardcore mode which didn't even have an aiming reticule and relied on tracers to find a target!

Edit: Also, what's up with the stats page not tracking my Vickers kills? I love that all this info is accessible in game once again (like it was in BC2), but it seems to lack a few things.

The misalignment is a glitch that happens when spawning on squad vehicles. To fix it just switch seats and switch back, or exit and re-enter the vehicle.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 9:29pm

Quoted

From what I understand they're taking away the ability to restock your
plane at your enemy's base, which should increase the time between
bombardments, not sure by how much tho.
Wait, so it's possible to resupply at the enemy base? Holy moly.

I cant believe DICE never thoroughly playtested the bombers.
The instant seatswitching is also really bad with them.

It's like DICE thought: everything we learned from previous BF games? Nah, let's throw it out the window!
RIP Sraw

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 9:39pm

From what I understand they're taking away the ability to restock your plane at your enemy's base, which should increase the time between bombardments, not sure by how much tho.

It doesn't make a difference.

What I am describing can be done while staying on your side of the map thanks to toss bombing.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 9:40pm

I cant believe DICE never thoroughly playtested the bombers.

The instant seatswitching is also really bad with them.

It's like DICE thought: everything we learned from previous BF games? Nah, let's throw it out the window!

Yeah it is quite frustrating that it is possible to bomb the spawn zone two seconds after the round has started. I do not know who thought of that as a good idea.

Although I would say the effect the bombers have are overestimated. They are frustrating similar to BF1 planes, because it is a OHK from an asset that you usually can not see. I also have not seen bombing camera that they gave the bombers, but not adding mortars because two people could potentially go 20-0 with them, with a skillless weapon and then adding a plane that, with a similar system, can go 90-0 is a bit ironic.
DICE also never found a way to balance crew-based planes right. Being the tailgunner is just an immensly boring experience in any plane. BY the way, if there are no seat-switching animations, are there exit animations for planes? I can not recall. Because I thought that was the whole point of having them in the first place.