Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:13. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, November 22nd 2018, 9:18pm

Vehicles should be strong in the hands of one player. That's what enables them to support more than themselves.

And they are, they just aren't as overpowered as you're used to (for now).

A solo player can go for a Stag/Light Tank and spam Auto Cannon/MG while auto 3D spotting every target in their vision while being surrounded by armor that protects them from all small arms fire. Tanks still make you much stronger than infantry but with the current Panzerfaust spam and tank balance you too will need to pay attention and actually retreat every now and then. They're still agile enough to not require constant infantry support when pushing objectives but overextending is far more punished in BFV than previous titles which is nice to see.

Define "overpowered" here.

The AT damage matches BF3/4 where you get two shotted if you're hit in the rear. The only difference is the steep angle modifiers from BF1 release are back.

The agility gets negated easily with a shot to the track. Then you're stuck waiting on a repair cycle that probably won't finish which means you die anyways.

It's not overextending that gets punished. It's extending/pushing at all just like in BF1 thanks to the turret system.

Tanks can still farm infantry, they just have to do it from off-point since they can't push in to support.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Nov 22nd 2018, 10:06pm)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, November 22nd 2018, 10:37pm

Vehicles should be strong in the hands of one player. That's what enables them to support more than themselves.

And they are, they just aren't as overpowered as you're used to (for now).

A solo player can go for a Stag/Light Tank and spam Auto Cannon/MG while auto 3D spotting every target in their vision while being surrounded by armor that protects them from all small arms fire. Tanks still make you much stronger than infantry but with the current Panzerfaust spam and tank balance you too will need to pay attention and actually retreat every now and then. They're still agile enough to not require constant infantry support when pushing objectives but overextending is far more punished in BFV than previous titles which is nice to see.

Define "overpowered" here.

The AT damage matches BF3/4 where you get two shotted if you're hit in the rear. The only difference is the steep angle modifiers from BF1 release are back.

The agility gets negated easily with a shot to the track. Then you're stuck waiting on a repair cycle that probably won't finish which means you die anyways.

It's not overextending that gets punished. It's extending/pushing at all just like in BF1 thanks to the turret system.

Tanks can still farm infantry, they just have to do it from off-point since they can't push in to support.
You don't have to shoot tank in the rear to deal heavy damage. You take same damage on the front as long as you don't hit the part above the track. Rear shots only remove max armor and will disable engine (on most tanks).
Here's an example : https://youtu.be/gLJprzoeTtw

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, November 22nd 2018, 10:45pm

@Jojo_Bizarre

I wasn't talking about just taking shots to the rear. I am well aware that the light tanks appear to have high multipliers for the turret.

I was talking more in general about how much damage AT can do because tanks having to retreat for repairs isn't exclusive to BFV.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, November 23rd 2018, 11:48am

Now that I can switch to whichever seat I want the SDKFZ/10 AT halftrack is amazing. There isn't even a transition animation between the driver seat and the front port MG so you can flick between them very quickly. And the infinite ammo Pak 40 on the roof has great velocity too. Sure the V1 is flashy but this thing is 1/4 the cost and on most maps works very well.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 23rd 2018, 11:52am

@Jojo_Bizarre

I wasn't talking about just taking shots to the rear. I am well aware that the light tanks appear to have high multipliers for the turret.

I was talking more in general about how much damage AT can do because tanks having to retreat for repairs isn't exclusive to BFV.
Sometimes Panzerfaust is bugged also. For instance, vs staghound or panzer 38T, it says 34 damage on the screen, but it hits for 75 damage.

I don't even understand why they changed the panzerfaust damage anyway. On beta, it was dealing 20 damage no matter where you would hit and vs any tank (light or heavy), unless it was a deflecting blow.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, November 23rd 2018, 12:36pm

Maybe the systemic damage system introduced a bug that can make panzerfaust deal damage twice? That would explain the inconsistent damage.
bob

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 23rd 2018, 12:57pm

I think that's the problem with the Panzerfaust, it's just inconsistent. Sometimes it does very little damage, then the other day I'm riding as MG gunner/ repairman for a 38t and we're taking ~65% damage from each PF hit. That's more than it does to a halftrack! And it's not like it has the limitations of the Grenade Gun from BF1 where it needs to be deployed to fire.

The weird thing is that if you don't run into many assaults then the tanks dominate because the other 3 classes suck at fighting them, but assault is too strong against them.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 23rd 2018, 1:52pm

MG - YouTube

Double post but different topic, I wanted to point out something fun for those who don't know, Heavy MGs can destroy cover eventually. It takes a while but it works.

Something else that is very noticeable in game but may not be perceptible to viewers is that the aiming is janky as hell. I'm not sure if it's something to do with aim assist slowdown, but in this clip my sight was constantly being dragged around. And when I would aim at a spot, my sight would move slightly to one side of where I stopped, then flick back again. This happens on all "turret" style weapons. Not sure if it's some form of lag or input lag, but at long range it can mean the difference between a burst to the head, and a burst 1ft to left of the guy. This may be a console only thing though.

I accidentally trimmed the clip too much and lost a bit later on where the sight became out of alignment with where the bullets were going. I'll try and get another clip of this later.

Overall apart from the awful lack of spatial awareness due to the shield, the gun is actually ok, but a stationary MG42 would be a lot better. Just give me this one thing DICE, and I'll never complain again!

Edit: also one weird thing, if it seems like I'm just firing blindly, I was trying to get a feel for penetration mechanics. For the most part I don't hit much, but at 1:45 I get an odd 6 damage against a guy through the log cabin. When I figured out I could break fortifications with the MG I thought I'd shoot the wall and see if it eventually crumbled but it doesn't. On the other hand it does seem possible to hurt enemies through walls. I just have to figure out how to do it consistently.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 23rd 2018, 5:52pm

You can hit with any bullets behind wooden walls. It deals twice less damage. In fact, that's often better than using a shell which will do too few damage.

Date of registration
: Jan 28th 2018

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, November 23rd 2018, 9:18pm

Am I the only one seeing tanks just abandoned? I'm seeing one every hour or two and when I hop in it still has ammo.