Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, November 20th 2018, 3:53pm

Is it just me or is PF damage massively inconsistent? Sometimes I lose around 25-30 HP, then a minute ago I got put on 3% in a Panzer IV from a hit to the front and then a hit to the side. either weaker the faust or limit them to 1. Worst part is even when you survive the hits you've usually taken some crippling damage to parts of the vehicle and can neither escape or fight back.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,421)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, November 20th 2018, 4:19pm

You get a lot of ricochet if you hit at the wrong angle, which is much more severe I believe than in BF1. Hitting for 4% with a gadget is not that cool.

Everytime I get into a tank as a driver I basically explode the first time I enter combat. When I am in the gunnerposition though, I've often had really sensible drivers, and there I just wreck with the MMG. I believe the gunner weapons are increadibly powerful, with little or no spread a high ROF and decent damage at all ranges.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, November 20th 2018, 5:48pm

You get a lot of ricochet if you hit at the wrong angle, which is much more severe I believe than in BF1. Hitting for 4% with a gadget is not that cool.

Everytime I get into a tank as a driver I basically explode the first time I enter combat. When I am in the gunnerposition though, I've often had really sensible drivers, and there I just wreck with the MMG. I believe the gunner weapons are increadibly powerful, with little or no spread a high ROF and decent damage at all ranges.

They do have spread but they seem to do quite a lot of damage and have a high rof by BFV standards. Would love to know stats but it "feels" like around 700-750 rpm. The MGs are fine right now. It's the main canons and their awful lack of damage combined with severe drop that is the problem. I swear 90% of my kills are with the coax MG. If that runs dry I feel genuinely defenceless. I'm going to record it next time it happens but I swear to God I've hit people dead on in the chest with the Valentine's 2 pdr and done 70 damage. And the less said about the light tank's main gun the better.

Date of registration
: Jan 28th 2018

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, November 20th 2018, 7:46pm

Is it just me or is PF damage massively inconsistent? Sometimes I lose around 25-30 HP, then a minute ago I got put on 3% in a Panzer IV from a hit to the front and then a hit to the side. either weaker the faust or limit them to 1. Worst part is even when you survive the hits you've usually taken some crippling damage to parts of the vehicle and can neither escape or fight back.

I think that's from part damage. I read that each vehicle was supposed to have certain parts that take more damage then others to make them more "realistic". I think having asymmetrical vehicles in a game is dumb because it just gives one side an advantage. In war thunder the t34s front armor was very good and bounce shots all day but the German tanks were easy to penetrate and the American tanks just trash. Now since it's similar in bfv I'm sure we will soon be seeing only one or two types of tanks used just because of this system.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, November 20th 2018, 9:23pm

I think that's from part damage. I read that each vehicle was supposed to have certain parts that take more damage then others to make them more "realistic". I think having asymmetrical vehicles in a game is dumb because it just gives one side an advantage. In war thunder the t34s front armor was very good and bounce shots all day but the German tanks were easy to penetrate and the American tanks just trash. Now since it's similar in bfv I'm sure we will soon be seeing only one or two types of tanks used just because of this system.
That's different on BF5. Tank vs tank fights arent your main concern. And its more based on skill (aim, moving, smoke) than your loadout. I felt it was useless to take anti tank shells. It's better getting all tools vs infantry.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 21st 2018, 5:21am

I've spent a ton of time in all vehicles, and this is the most fun I've had in tanks and planes in probably any BF.

The Panzerfaust needs a major nerf, to the point I kinda feel it's bugged, the Ju 88 needs its bugged bomb count fixed, and planes shouldn't be able to resupply on the enemy half of the map (DICE is looking into this), but otherwise most issues are QoL at most, nothing to write home about.

One thing we console players desperately need is a way to choose which seat we switch to without having to cycle through the lengthy switch animations. This has been a major flaw with vehicle gameplay since forever and it would be so easy to fix. Just let us hold X to bring up a radial menu and then let us choose the seat. It's really not that hard DICE.

I just replied to the same thing in the other thread, but to repost it here for visibility: You can map individual seats with the custom button mapping. Mapping all of them would take too many buttons and is entirely unneeded, the key one to map is Seat 1, so you can quickly take control of any vehicle. I have Switch Seats on A, and Seat 1 on Y.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, November 21st 2018, 7:07am

Full disclosure: best part about vehicles in BF is seeing them blow up.

I just love how tanks aren't god-mode crutches anymore.

Just like every other unit tanks now actually require some teamplay and thinking to be effective. You can't just roll up solo on a flag and expect to cap it while farming some defenders before moving on. If you see the cap halt to a stop you better pray it's not an Assault or two coming for you. Actually having to smoke, insta-repair and retreat when shit hits the fan also shows how well the attrition system affects vehicle combat too.
Fix X, break Y.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 21st 2018, 9:54pm

Full disclosure: best part about vehicles in BF is seeing them blow up.

I just love how tanks aren't god-mode crutches anymore.

Just like every other unit tanks now actually require some teamplay and thinking to be effective. You can't just roll up solo on a flag and expect to cap it while farming some defenders before moving on. If you see the cap halt to a stop you better pray it's not an Assault or two coming for you. Actually having to smoke, insta-repair and retreat when shit hits the fan also shows how well the attrition system affects vehicle combat too.

What's the measure of effectiveness here? The same as a couple Assaults on foot?

The way I see it, seems like you want vehicles to be liabilities instead of force multipliers.

Why put 3 guys inside a slow metal coffin together when the 3 of them could be in 3 different spots covering 3 different angles? They get the ability to be revived too.

Vehicles should be strong in the hands of one player. That's what enables them to support more than themselves.

Right now the vehicle gameplay is nearly the same as BF1: sit off-point shelling the objective. The key difference is that every few minutes they have to drive back to base to be able to play the game again. Then it's back to business as usual.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, November 21st 2018, 10:15pm

Heavy tanks arent made to camp. Unless enemies keep rushing you to destroy you, then you should wait for them. But otherwise heavy tanks are just the best to push with infantry on the main front. Don't be greedy, don't push on the flag itself (unless you are confident), don't get flanked, so get ready to retreat once you lose nearby flags. But they can combine tankiness with decent firing power at close range, it's really hard for enemy team to destroy your tank with friendly infantry nearby.

Heavy tanks at long range don't have enough blast radius to kill efficiently infantry. There is enough cover for infantry to avoid tank sniping in this game, unless you get direct hit with a shell.

Anyway, after more experience on tanks, I was wrong earlier. Light tanks are just the best. AA tanks and staghound are top tier in my opinion. They combine mobility (german AA isn't squishy) with good firing power, huge blast radius and way more ammo than normal tanks. AA also can destroy planes (optionnal tbh :D I prefer focusing infantry as it carries the game) and staghound is a beast vs others tanks, the dumbfire rockets deal 80 damage to tiger (heavier tank available). Both tanks can barely lose 1vs1 because they can keep moving while shooting with higher fire rate, unless enemy tanks use AT shells, but well, they got limited ammo and once you repaired 1 or 2 times, it's over for them.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, November 22nd 2018, 1:30pm

Vehicles should be strong in the hands of one player. That's what enables them to support more than themselves.

And they are, they just aren't as overpowered as you're used to (for now).

A solo player can go for a Stag/Light Tank and spam Auto Cannon/MG while auto 3D spotting every target in their vision while being surrounded by armor that protects them from all small arms fire. Tanks still make you much stronger than infantry but with the current Panzerfaust spam and tank balance you too will need to pay attention and actually retreat every now and then. They're still agile enough to not require constant infantry support when pushing objectives but overextending is far more punished in BFV than previous titles which is nice to see.
Fix X, break Y.