Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, November 17th 2018, 3:29pm

Planes feel great.

Tanks feel like trash.

Why is there weird input lag when first person non-ADS in a tank? It disappears in 3rd person and 1st person ADS

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, November 17th 2018, 6:51pm

Very un fun

rainkloud

jet proximity scan <3

(674)

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, November 19th 2018, 2:56am

After more playing time my opinion on what is needed for tanks is pretty much the same as my initial impression.

Panzerfaust
A lot less speed
More spread
Maybe less damage to front armor

Standard guns on tank
Larger splash radius and more damage with damage commensurate to the class of the tank (i.e. heavier the tank the larger the splash and greater the damage)

Repair tool
Have the repair tool work like internal repairs are now where you have to finish an entire cycle in order to have HP restored. I've been able to soak up ridiculous amounts of damage with a partner repairing me while in combat. The repair tool heals at an absurdly fast rate which is only acceptable if you are not engaged in combat. I know this isn't a popular opinion especially with the state of tanks right now but believe me once you've been on the losing end of a tank fight where the opponent is getting in fight repairs you'll feel differently.

Top Gunner
Better accuracy or better long range damage (pick one)
Ability to hide in tank and heal to 100% (takes time)

That should really do it for the most part. There may be more to look at like the upgrades. For example we know that track skirts increase the protection against track disables but by how much? Too much, too little or just right? Hard for me to judge right now. But once the RPG's lose a lot of that medium and long range accuracy they currently have and tanks have shells that can can dish out some punishment we'll be in a better position to make assessments.

The good news is that none of these issues are unfixable or terribly hard to implement.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Monday, November 19th 2018, 3:38am

I believe gunners are meant to be getting the ability to take cover in the tank soon. I assume it will be similar to the animation used by the commander in the campaign prologue. I just hope that once inside the vehicle the player can still look around. Maybe if they had some kind of spotting scope then tanks wouldn't be so easy to flank. I've started having a bit more success with tanks once I realized the main guns suck against infantry and just use the coaxial MG instead. They definitely need more splash damage. I've hit people dead on with Valentine's 2 pounder and not got the kill. At least the MG is consistent and suppresses (spots) enemies really fast. It also seems to penetrate some forms of cover but I'm not sure. I'm really hoping that the devs give more detailed info on weapon penetration.

Date of registration
: Jan 28th 2018

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, November 19th 2018, 8:47am

I'm a few days in and I'm regularly seeing aircraft run over 100 kills easy. With Aa I couldn't take down light bombers like the Stuka in one pass but they could easy one hit me. All they have to do is drop bombs on the objectives and they will get atleast one kill. Tanks seem to be another matter... I've seen them get taken out very fast and other times run over the enemy. I joined a game today and the enemy had 4 tanks on grand operations and we the defending forces didn't even have anti tank guns. I think it's mostly going to come down to what side racks up the most vehicles the fastest wins. The few times I did get in a tank was because I stole it from the enemy and it was great. I got 7-8 kills in 2-3min sure some stuff feels wonky like the turret turning but if the weapon upgrades are any indication then vehicles are going the be very strong.

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 19th 2018, 1:33pm

0/10 fun

10/10 to camp in

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Monday, November 19th 2018, 4:52pm

One thing we console players desperately need is a way to choose which seat we switch to without having to cycle through the lengthy switch animations. This has been a major flaw with vehicle gameplay since forever and it would be so easy to fix. Just let us hold X to bring up a radial menu and then let us choose the seat. It's really not that hard DICE.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, November 20th 2018, 10:59am

Assault is too strong vs tanks at the moment. The large tanks can take a few hits from behind, and sure if you let infantry come and plant explosives on your ass you deserve to die. But it's not hard to circle around a tank and 2-shot it from behind with the panzerfaust.

RIght now you kind of have to "camp" outside of objectives, if you roll into them and try to be a breaktrough tool for you team you're just going to die. In BF1 tank camping was bad, but there you at least had the ability to roll in and successfully contend an objective for some time, now you just get instagibbed.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 20th 2018, 11:25am

RIght now you kind of have to "camp" outside of objectives, if you roll into them and try to be a breaktrough tool for you team you're just going to die. In BF1 tank camping was bad, but there you at least had the ability to roll in and successfully contend an objective for some time, now you just get instagibbed.

BF1 AT damage was nearly all CQB spike damage so rolling in is what gets you instagibbed.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, November 20th 2018, 3:23pm

I didnt see much change since the beta.

It still suffers the same issues.

-you almost need a different mouse sens for 1st person view and 3rd person view. Also kinda hard hitting in 3rd person view, visor is misleading (it's a matter of experience, but still an issue)
-repair stations are way too far and too easy to destroy. Also tanker builds them slower than support.
-too many people playing assault because of the good close/mid/long range weapon lul. That's the only reason you have to "camp" (I'm fine pushing on objectives)
-can't destroy trees = less visibility. You could during beta.
-low MG damage, 11 damage at range, that's just bad. Higher bullet drop than most weapons in the game, it's a mounted MG, come on.
-light tanks/scout cars or whatever they are called are too squishy. Valentine/panzer IV are "fine" but others ones are too squishy, its not worth more mobility as it's too easy to aim with AT weapons.
-Few splash damage, that's the main problem. A tank shell should always one shot when caught in the radius.

So yep, exactly the same as I said back before during beta. (there's more but too lazy to write them).

Is it playable? well yes, especially with a gunner, it's still easy to go undefeated the whole game. (65-0 with gunner doing 50-3) I don't like much the tank on the bridge map, too many trees/building (it takes time to destroy all buildings) so easier to get flanked.

You only have to camp if you get greedy, I think it's fair to be honest, tanks shouldn't be able to yolo rush to rekt everyone, as we could do on BF4 or BF1. You can still push easily on flags, especially when your team is supporting you. It's just sad you can't push that far, as sooner or later you will have to get ammo.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Jojo_Bizarre" (Nov 20th 2018, 3:35pm)