Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:07. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, January 4th 2019, 9:55pm

I'm so happy transports are actually legitimate vehicles now. They just need to fix the bug where they never despawn, and so never respawn, it really hurts the flow of the game, and not just on larger maps; I saw someone driving a Kubelwagen around Devastation, something I honestly had no idea existed on that map before.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, January 5th 2019, 7:14am

A cheap transport available as a reinforcement at say 4000 points would be a solid addition in my opinion - would add a nice tactical element to reinforcements in terms of timing pushes vs waiting for stronger vehicles in the early game.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, January 5th 2019, 7:48am

mfw BFV approaches CoH2 every passing day
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, January 5th 2019, 4:00pm

mfw BFV approaches CoH2 every passing day

Hang on a sec, I played CoH 2 and armoured vehicles were massively boned by so many infantry having ridiculous AT grenades that knocked them out immediately. My OTP the SDKFZ 222 and 251 were both trash because basic infantry just blew them up. Sad!

Anyway, yeah I have been saying this since BF4. If a vehicle makes you immune to fire from most infantry, then it will dominate in Battlefield. MRAPs in BF4 easily slaughtered anything other than engineers, and much like the halftracks in BFV, even if the vehicle is damaged to breaking point, you can always jump out and engage with infantry weapons, at which point you are exactly where you would have been without the vehicle, with a basic infantry 1v1, except now your opponent is most likely waving around a rocket launcher, trying to get the killing blow on a vehicle that is no longer manned.

And yes, the halftrack is unassuming. Everyone is looking out for the tanks. Here is a clip of me screwing up about as much as you possibly can, and I still kill a hilarious amount of enemies. I can't imagine playing worse, and yet I still did well.
Am I invisible? - YouTube

And here's what happens when you get out of a Halftrack. Infantry take notice. "Light armour" is better than no armour.

Get out - YouTube

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, January 5th 2019, 8:51pm

Players not giving a vehicle the respect it deserves is purely a player problem; people will either wise up to it eventually, or continue to be dumb and get killed.
Who Enjoys, Wins

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, January 5th 2019, 9:51pm

Hang on a sec, I played CoH 2 and armoured vehicles were massively boned by so many infantry having ridiculous AT grenades that knocked them out immediately. My OTP the SDKFZ 222 and 251 were both trash because basic infantry just blew them up. Sad!

That's a L2P issue right there. People called CoH2 "Company of Light Vehicles" for a reason.

Rushing the 222 and 251 with double flamethrowers is basically Ostheer's bread and butter. Almost all the high level players are doing it.

Snares also aren't OHK; you'll lose engine power but not the whole vehicle. If your opponent is spamming snares, they're not going to have the munitions to upgrade their infantry, use mines, or any other ability really.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Today, 4:01pm

So has anyone else ever managed to shoot down a plane in this game? As far as I'm concerned DICE really need to completely overhaul how they approach air vs ground combat. At the moment it just feels like neither can impact each other in any meaningful way. It's like they've just decided to nerf both and turn planes into window dressing (or more likely something fancy to put in the trailer). Most of the time I don't notice planes having much impact on my game and when I do, I can't actually do anything to stop them. Pro pilots are just something players have to grit their teeth and endure rather than actually engage with.

Much like attack planes late in BF1's life, planes in BFV are given every advantage and have no real weaknesses. Once a player gets good enough to reliably hit ground targets and learns the turn meta to beat new pilots, they are effectively invincible. On the off chance you manage to actually hit a plane with a ground weapon (the only one I've had any success with was the Halftrack mounted Vickers), you will do maybe 40 damage and maybe get a wing damage. Unfortunately dice thought it would be a good idea to give planes the ability to insta-repair part damage, so if anything all you are doing is healing them when you get a wing disable. These disables also have very little chance of making a pilot crash. Much like when they removed most of the pulse damage from rockets in BF4, DICE seem to be going out of their way to make it easy for pilots. It's like the assumption is that a pilot should stay in the air for the whole game. This is not the case with other vehicles.

I'd say what DICE needs to do is make planes much easier to kill, but also make their weapons more forgiving. If a bad pilot does this:

AA still garbage-tier - YouTube

then he should be shot down. I'd even be fine with the AA requiring the gunner (as seen here) to lead his target by almost the length of the screen, if it meant that I actually shot the thing down when I got hits. Of course the AA is still amazingly buggy with its hit detection even though BF1 never had this problem.

I just think air vs ground needs to be more consistent between rounds. Make planes lethal, but if I get a lengthy burst on him with an HMG then that should mean more than a quick repair cycle for the pilot. Make wing and engine disables actually matter.

This current system isn't working at all and hasn't worked for at least BF3, 4, 1 and now 5. It's eaither boring or infuriating. I don't see how this is DICE's intended result:

Battlefield? V_20190109012446 - YouTube

(he was basically taunting me he was flying so damn slow). 8|

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Today, 4:18pm

It seems more a netcode issue than anything else. AA are fine how they are. You seem to hit him a lot of time but it doesn't do any damage.

BF1 AA was also really well balanced. It was easy to kill an AA as plane, but AA killed planes easily also.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Today, 5:13pm

The problems with AA start to show on a map (Fjell 652) that dont have the mobile AA tanks (which are a tad OP against inf and airplanes).
The stationary fixed AA positions (pro pilots love this) and current repairsystem with the instant HP features means surviving an accurate barrage isnt really difficult (and that's without doing evasive maneuvers i.e. barrel rolls, etc).

Infantry shooting airplanes doesnt mean anything in this game. And that's really a pity. Infantry dealing partdamage to airplanes is currently meaningless. Whereas airplanes shooting infantry (the fighterplanes with rockets) is pretty much without risk and easy to do.

DICE needs to rehaul it because all in all, it's not balanced.
RIP Sraw

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Iwo_Jima" (Today, 5:20pm)

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Today, 5:39pm

It seems more a netcode issue than anything else. AA are fine how they are. You seem to hit him a lot of time but it doesn't do any damage.

BF1 AA was also really well balanced. It was easy to kill an AA as plane, but AA killed planes easily also.

Funny thing is I have ping of ~15 most of the time, so I'm guessing 90% of the other players on my servers would have an even worse time of it. They need to either make it more consistent or double the current damage. Removing instant-repair skills would also help.