Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:13. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, December 20th 2018, 10:39am

It's still easier to aim turrets with a mouse than a controller. The problem isn't that it's difficult, but that it's not fun. It's another symptom of how the BFV design team seems to have lost sight of "fun" as the goal for any well designed game.

BTW, I also find flying to be easier with a mouse than a controller. I believe most "pro-pilots" on PC have preferred mouse controls ever since BF3.
bob

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, December 21st 2018, 12:09pm

It's still easier to aim turrets with a mouse than a controller. The problem isn't that it's difficult, but that it's not fun. It's another symptom of how the BFV design team seems to have lost sight of "fun" as the goal for any well designed game.

BTW, I also find flying to be easier with a mouse than a controller. I believe most "pro-pilots" on PC have preferred mouse controls ever since BF3.

Nah, in their heart it's joysticks. But the BF games have always known crappy joystick support, thus everyone has to use mouse, macros and keyboard. BF2 was the only BF game where joysticks really shined in conjunction with the flight physics.
Controller flying is actually alot like joystick-ish. You can at least properly do the textbook maneuvers with it. Harder to do that with mouse+KB.
RIP Sraw

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, December 28th 2018, 2:55am

@Hau_ruck I can't seem to figure out the seat switching. I've mapped the seats 1-4 on the PS4 swipe touch pad control, going clockwise (so up is seat 1, left is seat 2, ect). But I can never seem to get it to work in game, so I went to the practice range.

I can't seem to get it to work at all in the Churchill either. The only time it seems to work is when I'm in the passenger seat of the Kubelwagon. From there, I can easily switch to seat 1 driver or seat 2 gunner. But when I'm in either of those seats, I can't switch out of them.

Is this some sort of bug?

Also, @BleedingUranium I know you're on xbox, but have you experienced anything similar?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Oak_Beard" (Dec 28th 2018, 3:04am)

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, December 28th 2018, 4:15am

@Hau_ruck I can't seem to figure out the seat switching. I've mapped the seats 1-4 on the PS4 swipe touch pad control, going clockwise (so up is seat 1, left is seat 2, ect). But I can never seem to get it to work in game, so I went to the practice range.

I can't seem to get it to work at all in the Churchill either. The only time it seems to work is when I'm in the passenger seat of the Kubelwagon. From there, I can easily switch to seat 1 driver or seat 2 gunner. But when I'm in either of those seats, I can't switch out of them.

Also, @BleedingUranium I know you're on xbox, but have you experienced anything similar?

Well I haven't tried to use the touch pad before so I don't know if it works. Did you make sure to change controls for both driver and gunner? It sounds like you only changed the gunner controls. My setup for the halftrack for example is:

Driver- x for roof MG facing the front, O for front port MG and triangle for rear facing MG

Gunner - x to return to the driver seat, O to switch to port MG from other seats, triangle to switch to rear MG from other seats, right on the d-pad to cycle through seats. down on the d-pad for gunner crouch.

It took a bit of getting used to but works fine now. tanks can be harder because they have fewer buttons free for assigning and the d-pad is already assigned to abilities. Let me know how u go with the touch pad. it could end up being a better solution.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, December 28th 2018, 5:51am

You have to make sure you map them for every single control section, as they're all separate.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, January 1st 2019, 11:26am

It sounds like you only changed the gunner controls.

That was exactly the problem, I had only changed the soldier controls, which is why it would only work in the passenger seat of the Kubelwagon. Thanks!

For anyone wondering, the swipe mapping has worked out great, very responsive and easy to remember.

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 1st 2019, 4:32pm

Jealous of PS4s touch pad (though I think Xbone controller is better otherwise)

I’ve had to go to extreme lengths to free up buttons on Xbox

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,095)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, January 2nd 2019, 9:11am

And once you get it right, all this power will be yours:

My eyes! The bushes do nothing! - YouTube

And if you get into trouble you can always just bail:

An incredibly daring escape - YouTube

In all seriousness though, I don't know how people even play maps like Hamada without these things. Just go G-F, F-G with the occasional foray into E or C. Earn a bunch of points, call in the AT version, lock yourself in a private squad to escape NPCs stealing your vehicle and you can top the board easy.

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, January 4th 2019, 2:39pm

Halftracks are hilarious. You can mow down an entire squad and enemies will just shrug their shoulders and continue to run into your bullets

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, January 4th 2019, 3:19pm

Halftracks are hilarious. You can mow down an entire squad and enemies will just shrug their shoulders and continue to run into your bullets

Yeah they are ridiculous. If you are not moving you are the most unassuming vehicle on the battlefield. If you are in the inside gunner's seat you can also not be spotted by anything else than the muzzle flash. They blend in well with the environment, too. You never show up on the minimap either unless a recon does so. I believe it is just not part of the player's conditioning to see a stationary, seemingly empty, transport vehicle as a threat. They will also look for an infantry threat first before turning to you. If you are engaged you can always retreat, because they are decently sturdy from the front, and as far as I know the only vehicle that can always repair to 100% from the inside. Once you are repaired you can either relocate to a new spot, or go onto the old one and start farming again.