Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:13. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 19th 2018, 1:57pm

Tank turret rotation speed is basically irrelevant unless you get yourself flanked. If you're getting killed because you couldn't 180 fast enough, good, it's doing its job properly.

On a sidenote: Tanks see literally everything in third pov with wide vehicle FOV. Inclusing all of the ass and it's vicinity. Just like it was in BF1. The big disadvantage of tanks from that century magically ceases to exist with that. It's making the tank fully independent of infantry support, thus largely detaching it from the need for combined arms.
DICE did not learn much from BF1 vehicle vs infantry dynamic.
RIP Sraw

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Iwo_Jima" (Dec 19th 2018, 2:02pm)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, December 19th 2018, 1:58pm

Tank turret rotation speed is basically irrelevant unless you get yourself flanked. If you're getting killed because you couldn't 180 fast enough, good, it's doing its job properly.
I don't get your point, well ofc turret rotation is for aiming on side or behind you.

Staghound also still remains my favorite tank, it's strong vs all tanks if you arent greedy (speed + rockets/AP 20mm), best MG and best mobility. I just wish we could finally repair wheels/Track/engine outside the tank, as it's how I generally die, especially on staghound as a frontal shot can disable the rear engine or wheels.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, December 19th 2018, 9:22pm

On a sidenote: Tanks see literally everything in third pov with wide vehicle FOV. Inclusing all of the ass and it's vicinity. Just like it was in BF1. The big disadvantage of tanks from that century magically ceases to exist with that. It's making the tank fully independent of infantry support, thus largely detaching it from the need for combined arms.
DICE did not learn much from BF1 vehicle vs infantry dynamic.

What?

This is how 3P has worked for several games now and is the way a 3P camera should work.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 19th 2018, 9:38pm

How long does it take to do a 360 with the turret for the various tank types?

signature 2.3

Omit Needless Words

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____

When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. It’s a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)

Posts I should finish sometime:
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Vehicle gamplay
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, December 19th 2018, 10:37pm

How long does it take to do a 360 with the turret for the various tank types?

Easiest way to test would be do a 180 and double the time. Also, I'm curious how much the turret rotation upgrades speed this up.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, December 20th 2018, 12:48am

My biggest complaint about this is resupply stations locations:
-not every objective have them - capturing point with a heavy tank is a guaranteed death trap if there is no resupply station
-some of them are located far from objective, which stimulates tankers to camp

Since you still have to build resupply stations and they're easily destructible - I don't get it.

Also, I think that turret critical damage should have reduced penalty to turret rotation speed - it's way too much in my opinion at the moment.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

IG

Always trust a Tork!

(1,398)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, December 20th 2018, 2:36am

My annoyance isn't with getting flanked, that's not really an issue.

It's annoying because the aiming against infantry is awkward. Imagine infantry weapons having acceleration turned on and having a maximum turn speed depending on how heavy the weapon was.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 20th 2018, 5:24am

My annoyance isn't with getting flanked, that's not really an issue.

It's annoying because the aiming against infantry is awkward. Imagine infantry weapons having acceleration turned on and having a maximum turn speed depending on how heavy the weapon was.

The acceleration sort of feeling is still an issue even since they gave us the option to disable it, but the latter simply doesn't equate. So what that it's not exactly the same as infantry? Vehicles don't move like infantry either, they can't jump or vault, and some of them can fly.

You don't aim a plane like a solder, so it's really not weird that a tank doesn't aim exactly like a soldier either. The weird acceleration/delay when not in ADS definitely needs work though.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, December 20th 2018, 10:03am

It just feels really awkward to aim in a tank when the sight movement doesn't correspond to mouse movement, feels like you're fighting the controls instead of playing the game. The turret rotation speed limit feels like a feature that was only made with console controllers in mind, with no thought given to how sluggish it makes mouse controls feel.
bob

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 20th 2018, 10:26am

Planes are dramatically superior with a stick compared to a mouse too, they always have been. Some types of things you play as in games work better with one, some work better with the other, it's not that strange of a concept.

In a relative sense, PC players will have an easier time aiming solders and a harder time aiming vehicles, while console players will have an easier time aiming vehicles and a harder time aiming soldiers. Seeing as we don't have cross-platform play, it's not especially relevant.
Who Enjoys, Wins