Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

• "VincentNZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 4:22pm

First 400 tickets are almost useless, it doesn't matter what you do tbh. Then last 200 tickets, tickets bleeding is really strong and losing team gets great boost : almost instant tank/plane respawn (it's instant the last 50 tickets, so yep, as soon as you lose a plane, you get one back), faster tag capture, superiority on flag (if you are alone vs 2 enemies, you will still capture the flag).

That's the reason games are always close, losing team gets so many boosts, it's kinda hard losing, unless your team is really bad and you already had 200 tickets more difference. Edit : well just won a game while they had all flags at start, so 250 tickets difference, but we still won as it became easier late game.

This question might sound stupid, but is this really good?

Yeah, maybe (only maybe) in the long run there will be less quits, but I doubt this system doesnt develop some glaring issue, which cannot be foreseen right now.
I think it's good. People kept asking for balance on BF1/BF4. Most games were one sided, especially on BF1 because of chokepoint and flag system. So, this way, even if you lost, you feel that you did great as it was a tight game. Maybe they can lower the boost, but that's it. It's way better than giving behemoths to losing team which lead to annoying deaths for winning team and less infantry for losing side as gunners wasted a slot.

I think that Dice should just warn people about this system as people don't play it correctly and are unaware of those boosts. (I might be wrong about them, but that's what I noticed)

As said, I see the point they are trying to make. And it is an improvement over the stupid conquest system of BF1, no doubt, but winning a round is just so irrelevant at the moment, or the outcome is. Because of the intransparency it is also inconsistent. And if it was transparent it would be exploitable, it might already be. It does fulfill it's intended role though, I am pretty sure there are less quits because of losing. However with 64 players, maps that are hard to spawntrap and no team-switching, hard to say what has the biggest influence on this.
What you see in chat though is a lot of gg, which is expectable in rounds that end close. What is it worth though, when the round has been heavily manipulated, and the players do not know about it? However it is bugged or at least overtuned, so we do not know how it was supposed to work.
There are better ways to handle these issues. A balance tool, good map design, going back to BF4 ticket system that always gave a chance, or you could actually reward the losing team with something. Like bonus XP, some currency, so that sticking around is a but more incentivized.

I mostly find it annoying that it was not made public as a feature, but instead boasted about how this is so back to the roots, with teamplay focus, when it is actually only "competitive" in the micro, like gunplay not the macro, which is the grand scheme of a round.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 6:16pm

If by balance tool you are talking about team switching, that's really bad. No one wants to get split from his friends or PTFOing to win to get switched to the losing team. Also, teams don't get scrambled unlike BF1. When it was bugged on BF1, it was extremly annoying as most people would try to switch with the premade/lvl 150, but you can't switch team on BF5, so I think it's fair even if it can become boring if it's really unbalanced. It doesn't happen now as a lot of people leave each match, but I guess it will happen in the future with a smaller population.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, November 25th 2018, 8:25pm

I've seen far to many close games be decided when the side that was slightly behind suddenly ends up controlling 5 out of 6 flags when there's about 100 tickets left. The previously winning team simply doesn't have any time to take them all back before they run out of tickets. DICE needs to calibrate this "catchup" mechanic so that it only triggers when matches are completely one-sided.
bob

1-WHO-1

Steadiest Stick in the Sky

(57)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, November 26th 2018, 3:10pm

I think I figured this out. Battlefield 5 grants ticket bleed based on how many flags you have, whether you have a majority or not. You can see the tickets be reduced up top with an icon for whether its for bleed or kills. Only an all-cap bleeds tickets at a significant rate. Even a 4/1 flag-hold game can still be very close if the majority-flag team is using a lot of respawns to hold flags. I don't think there's any catchup mechanic other than if a losing team suddenly all-caps, the tickets bleed really fast.
- Don't be a Mini-bob

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,268)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 26th 2018, 9:29pm

I think I figured this out. Battlefield 5 grants ticket bleed based on how many flags you have, whether you have a majority or not. You can see the tickets be reduced up top with an icon for whether its for bleed or kills. Only an all-cap bleeds tickets at a significant rate. Even a 4/1 flag-hold game can still be very close if the majority-flag team is using a lot of respawns to hold flags. I don't think there's any catchup mechanic other than if a losing team suddenly all-caps, the tickets bleed really fast.

YOU'RE ALIVE!

Also, it seems to be like BF3 where "majority" is simply half instead of half + 1. You can see it happen on even number maps displaying the message whenever each team caps 3 instead of 4.

It doesn't seem to be like BF1 though.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.