Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,421)

• "VincentNZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, November 12th 2018, 9:57am

BFV Conquest rounds are strikingly close

Basically what the title says. As I do not know if there are battle reports available, I can only estimate, but 50% of the rounds seem to end 20-0 or closer. Really decisive rounds are rare. So that got me thinking. Could there be some kind of mechanic at play?

- I had a round of Hamada as the Brits, at one point we held all flags for a minute or so, which would have likely ended the round in BF4, yet the ticket bleed was not as severes as expected.
- In the same round the British start with no flags and have immediate bleed, yet the bleed dropped drastically after we held A and B, although the majority of the flags was still held by the enemy.
- In a horrble round that my team still won, two enemies accumulated 150 kills between them, which could mean up to 150 tickets for us lost. Even with revives factored in the ticket loss must have been substantial, so I wonder if that is bugged.
- The last twenty tickets or so also seem to take really long, but that could just be placebo.

So I do wonder how these close rounds come to be. Could there be a dynamic bleed system that monitors and controls in a way how the tickets are reduced? Could some flags simply be worth more bleed? Are deaths correctly counted as ticket loss? Is the matchmaking simply so precise that it mostly allows close rounds? Is the game so finely balanced as well?

I understand that the map design and the focus on attacking flags instead of defending as well as the removal of neutral stateof flags and 64 players all have the tendency to allow closer rounds, but I can not see how these changes amount to such a drastic difference when compared to BF4.
So I would like to know if you guys experience the same things, or if you have any thoughts on the subject.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 12th 2018, 10:13am

This was from having +1 to +2 flags for most of the match. Conquest games have 600 tickets IIRC.

I will once again assert that the close games are simply due to people not giving up. In BF1, people give up super early even though they shouldn't or they switch to the winning team.

Switching teams is gone now and people are too excited to give up so they stick it out to the very end.

Early Access is also probably composed of the most dedicated players who probably know what they're doing.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,421)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 12th 2018, 12:39pm

There currently is mentioning of flag capture times increasing when you are in the lead, while being really fast when you are falling behind. I certainly have exprienced very fast or slow capture times, but I always attributed it to the amount of players at certain flags. I will keep an eye on it today.

Twitch

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, November 12th 2018, 1:49pm

I have been feeling this anecdotally too. There definitely seems to be a mechanism to ratchet up the tension versus BF1... quite often comfortably ahead and then suddenly all the flags flip much faster than I would anticipate taking them. I am assuming that there is not a coordinated push from the opposing team!

Date of registration
: Jun 15th 2018

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, November 12th 2018, 5:09pm

Bear in mind that in BFV the capture time is not only influenced by how many people caps but also by distance from flag. If you are alone capping you can quiet easily try it out, stay at the edge of the capture zone for a while and then move closer to flag, the difference is really noticeable.

The streamer doesn't appear to know this and he's capping an uncontested flag with many other friendlies, considering these three things (many people, close to flag and uncontested) and adding that capture time is back to "normal" from the longer times of BF1, I don't think we have some hard evidence of any match/ticket manipulation for now.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,421)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 12th 2018, 6:29pm

Yeah I heard this today, too, on the other hand the second flag goes down fast right when he enters the zone.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 15th 2018, 3:34am

There's definitely some kind of crutch mechanic in play. There's just way too many close games and comebacks.

I already noticed it during OB and it keeps happening after launch.
Fix X, break Y.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "phreec" (Nov 15th 2018, 3:40am)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 2:44pm

First 400 tickets are almost useless, it doesn't matter what you do tbh. Then last 200 tickets, tickets bleeding is really strong and losing team gets great boost : almost instant tank/plane respawn (it's instant the last 50 tickets, so yep, as soon as you lose a plane, you get one back), faster tag capture, superiority on flag (if you are alone vs 2 enemies, you will still capture the flag).

That's the reason games are always close, losing team gets so many boosts, it's kinda hard losing, unless your team is really bad and you already had 200 tickets more difference. Edit : well just won a game while they had all flags at start, so 250 tickets difference, but we still won as it became easier late game.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jojo_Bizarre" (Nov 24th 2018, 3:07pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 3:32pm

First 400 tickets are almost useless, it doesn't matter what you do tbh. Then last 200 tickets, tickets bleeding is really strong and losing team gets great boost : almost instant tank/plane respawn (it's instant the last 50 tickets, so yep, as soon as you lose a plane, you get one back), faster tag capture, superiority on flag (if you are alone vs 2 enemies, you will still capture the flag).

That's the reason games are always close, losing team gets so many boosts, it's kinda hard losing, unless your team is really bad and you already had 200 tickets more difference. Edit : well just won a game while they had all flags at start, so 250 tickets difference, but we still won as it became easier late game.

This question might sound stupid, but is this really good?

Yeah, maybe (only maybe) in the long run there will be less quits, but I doubt this system doesnt develop some glaring issue, which cannot be foreseen right now.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, November 24th 2018, 4:07pm

This question might sound stupid, but is this really good?

Yeah, maybe (only maybe) in the long run there will be less quits, but I doubt this system doesnt develop some glaring issue, which cannot be foreseen right now.
I think it's good. People kept asking for balance on BF1/BF4. Most games were one sided, especially on BF1 because of chokepoint and flag system. So, this way, even if you lost, you feel that you did great as it was a tight game. Maybe they can lower the boost, but that's it. It's way better than giving behemoths to losing team which lead to annoying deaths for winning team and less infantry for losing side as gunners wasted a slot.

I think that Dice should just warn people about this system as people don't play it correctly and are unaware of those boosts. (I might be wrong about them, but that's what I noticed)