Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, October 12th 2018, 11:51pm

The STG44 was deemed the best weapon in the beta and rightfully so.

FG 42 was better.

Only reason why StG was considered "OP" was because it was overused. By being the default class's default weapon...

But following BF1, people automatically assume popular = powerful.

I disagree here, while the FG42 did offer a huge damage output it simply lacked the extra 10 bullets the STG44 had. That makes it much more usable in a game where 64 players run around wildly. Statwise the FG42 might be slightly better, but an added ammo capacity of ten rounds is hard to beat.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 7:48pm

The STG44 was deemed the best weapon in the beta and rightfully so.

FG 42 was better.

Only reason why StG was considered "OP" was because it was overused. By being the default class's default weapon...

But following BF1, people automatically assume popular = powerful.

I disagree here, while the FG42 did offer a huge damage output it simply lacked the extra 10 bullets the STG44 had. That makes it much more usable in a game where 64 players run around wildly. Statwise the FG42 might be slightly better, but an added ammo capacity of ten rounds is hard to beat.

Just remember those 10 rounds are meaningless, when you are dead.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, October 17th 2018, 7:55pm

...and it's easy to end up dead if your gun runs out of bullets before you've killed all the enemies. A 20 round magazine is just too limiting in a 1 vs many situation.
bob

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 18th 2018, 8:59am

Yeah, if we were talking about the Scar-H or Bulldog that do more damage for their reduced mag size it would be different, especially in BF4 where a large portion of the playerbase would play on 32p servers. The FG42 sports a higher ROF and more recoil, which should give it an edge in many close encounters, but these are also the encounters where most likely you will fight more than one opponent in rapid succession.

Overall the FG42 stats might be on par, but a 50% larger magazine, while being more controllable gives the STG more usability and flexibility.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, October 18th 2018, 9:56am

People should not be attempting to solo multiple enemies in the first place. The enemy's total health pool and damage output far exceeds what you can do.

10 More bullets in the StG is only going to help take out around 2 more guys before reloading. We are talking about the difference between being able to fight 5 people vs 7 in CQB.

Fighting 5 people at the same time is already a mistake. If all of them put just 1 bullet in you, you die. So having 10 more bullets to fight off another 2 guys is a dubious benefit at best.

The better way to approach the situation is 5 1v1s back to back which makes the magazine size difference less relevant. Never in the Beta did I think to myself, "If only I had 10 more bullets!" in an engagement be it against one enemy or multiple.

Don't forget the StG is on a class that doesn't get on-demand ammo. Even if the StG comes with 10 more bullets before reloading, the FG 42 is the one that doesn't run dry.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 18th 2018, 2:31pm

True, but you are arguing from a 100% accuracy or hitrater POV. I would assume that an average player will be able to get two kills out of a 31 round mag in an average engagement, while 21 rounds allow for one kill with some bullets left. BF1 also showed us that 1vs1 efficient weapons do not necessarily translate well into the world of BF, although they look great on a spreadsheet.

The reality is that, especially with the removal of spotting and the obligatory 64 players it is much more likely to run into multiple opponents in any engagement.

You are right though that you will come into situations a lot where 10 extra bullets wouldn't have helped at all, thanks to the removal of tactical planning and the low ROF on most weapons. If I run into three guys that I did not know were there neither the STG or the FG will net me more than one kill, and that is quite a lot of the engagements, sadly. Even worse, most likely I will run into them with an SMG that has the damage profile of the MP18, the recoil of the SAR-21, the spread pattern of the Automatico and a ROF of 450-500. Now that is a 1vs1 weapon for sure. One where you can make a cup of tea whilst in an engagement.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 20th 2018, 1:01am

A bad player can make anything look bad.

That doesn't mean the weapon they're using actually is though.
Data Browser

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,085)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, October 25th 2018, 7:48am

Not sure whether to be excited about dedicated bipod MGs now that they've removed suppression effects on spread. So now the support's only defense against snipers is gone. Way to go caving DICE :(

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 25th 2018, 9:12am

Not sure whether to be excited about dedicated bipod MGs now that they've removed suppression effects on spread. So now the support's only defense against snipers is gone. Way to go caving DICE :(

To be fair, it was everyone's option against an enemy too far to damage.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 25th 2018, 9:44am

To be fair, it was everyone's option against an enemy too far to damage.

With the new spread system a bipoded MMG might still be the best way to counter snipers with direct fire. However, you are right. With the removal of indirect fire gadgets they additionally give snipers more of free reign on the maps. However smoke grenades might turn out to be more used now, to at least block LOS.

I am generally in doubt about the MMGs though. True the MG42 is hard to balance but that caveat one has to swallow as long as the other options are somewhat on par.