Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018, 11:32am

Full weapon list released

So what are people's thoughts on the launch weapons/ vehicles now that we have a complete list? Considering the plan with Tides of War seems to be to release content/ maps in a chronological order, it seems odd to me that they haven't done that with the guns. I've seen a lot of people asking where the Garand and PPSH are and I naturally want to respond with "obviously they're coming with the Americans and Russians when they get added later". However, given that we have some 1944/45 weapons already In the game, it seems very random and inconsistent. We also just have to hope the game sells well enough to get future updates and doesn't completely die like Battlefront 2 did.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018, 2:13pm

Here are the 30 Primary Weapons available when Battlefield V launches.

Assault Rifles

StG 44 – Considered by many to be the first real assault rifle. It combines a high rate of fire with good accuracy and stopping power.
Sturmgewehr 1-5 – The selective-fire variant of the Gewehr 1-5 semi-automatic rifle.
M1907 SF - Similar to the M1 carbine, only heavier and more powerful.

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Selbstlader 1916 – An early German semi-automatic rifle whose sensitivity to field conditions made it more popular with the German air force than its army. Only 1000 were ever made.
Gewehr 43 – A rifle so sturdy it can be used as a ladder rung if needed.
Gewehr 1-5 – A semi-automatic rifle that used the same detachable magazine as the StG 44.
M1A1 Carbine – Very fast firing Semi Auto with a rather weak bullet. Best used within 50 meters.
Turner SMLE – Fires faster than the Gewehr 43 but has a weaker bullet at range.

Bolt-Action Rifles

Gewehr M95/30 – This rifle’s origins date back to the late 19th century and saw heavy use in World War 1 by the Austro-Hungarian Army.
Krag-Jörgensen - A rifle dating back to the late 19th century, with a special type of integral magazine which loaded from the side rather than the top.
Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk l - Very fast firing sniper rifle. Its bullet is significantly slower than that of the Kar98k, making it preferable for medium range.
Kar98k - The most common bolt-action rifle in the German army.

Self-Loading Rifles

Model 8 – Created in 1900. US hunters and some police units would use it, but it was never formally adopted by the US Army.
ZH-29 - A hard-hitting self-loading rifle that can kill with only two hits.
RSC - By repurposing parts from the Lebel rifle it was designed to replace, the RSC was cheaper to produce for the French army, though there were complaints that it was unwieldy in the trenches.

Submachine Guns

STEN – The easier to control twin of the MP40.
Suomi KP/-31 – Very hard to control, fast firing SMG. It starts off a bit weak, but benefits more than other SMGs from progression.
EMP – Developed in Germany, this submachine gun proved immensely popular across Europe and Asia.
MP40 – The Allies called this popular submachine gun the "Schmeisser" although well-known weapon designer Hugo Schmeisser was not involved in its creation.
MP28 – After World War 1, Hugo Schmeisser made many improvements to the MP18, such as replacing the drum magazine with a straight one. The resulting MP28 was sold to both China and Japan among others.
MP34 – The MP34's design was based on the old MP18 submachine gun. Used primarily by the German army, it was an extremely well-made gun although the production costs were very high.
M1928A1 – The Chicago gangsters made the "Tommy Gun" famous in the 1920s. The US Army adopted it in 1938 for its accuracy and high rate of fire, and Allied Commando and Ranger units used it extensively.

Light Machine Guns

KE7 - Medium rate of fire LMG. Even though this light machine gun was designed in Switzerland, the Swiss army never used it.
Bren Gun – Based on a Czechoslovak design, with a top-mounted box magazine which gave it a distinct look.
FG-42 - Very fast firing automatic rifle with a small magazine. Highest damage output weapon on the support kit.
Lewis Gun – Entered Allied service in 1914. In World War 2, the British again used it as an anti-aircraft gun. Its barrel shroud and top-mounted pan magazine made it easy to recognize.

Medium Machineguns

MG 34 – The first of a kind: a portable, air-cooled machine gun with a high rate of fire. Too complex to properly mass-produce, it was later supplanted by the MG42.
MG 42 – This machine gun was reliable, easy to use, and had an extreme rate of fire. After its introduction in 1942, it was used on all fronts.

Shotguns

M30 Drilling - A triple barrel combination gun that leaves you more flexible than you would think. Use it as a double barrel shotgun in close quarters or change fire mode to the rifle barrel for medium range shots.
12g Automatic - Served in both world wars. It was the first successful semi-automatic shotgun used by the Allies, eventually inspiring the German army to create their own version.

Here is the full list, for anyone who has not seen it yet, just to add! Maybe we can incorporate this in the OP for easy access?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018, 2:50pm

Yeah the weapon list does offer some oddities and inconsistencies, but that was to be expected. The Volkssturmgewehr is indeed something I would not have expected at release. It seems we are having the full german weapon list. The only things left out are the Czech weapons that were mainly used by the SS, which did not have the same equipment standards as the Wehrmacht.

I see a lot of redundancy with the SMGs though, basically 5 of the seven MPs are of virtually the same firerate and have only very slight, if at all, differences, heck three of them are basically improved MP18 versions. Other weapon classes like the MGs offer a huge variety of different styles, but that is a potential issue for balance.

I am also at bay of giving self-loading rifles to the recon, or include them at all, since they put the BAs to shame quite a bit.

The Drilling is a somewhat gimmicky gun that I do not need in the list.

Overall the list is extensive and alright, but some classes seem rather under- or overrepresented. Also in the light of the things to come, I have no idea what to expect, whether we will see weapons like Hungary's 43Mm, which would work well for an Assault Rifle, or if we will see minor faction weapons at all.

As any extension of the list is dependent on how well the game will fare, I am also a bit at bay.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018, 3:35pm

Yeah I probably should have included the list. I was surprised there wasn't already a thread tbh. Glad to see the Universal carrier made it in. should be hilarious if it has a Bren mounted. Same with the Kubelwagen.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018, 4:40pm

You could just copy and paste my first post and include the vehicles and gadgets, while we are at it. The format on reddit is really poor though.

Well as BFV is quite polarizing I am afraid the motivation to discuss the game is not at an all-time high here. So the interest is just not that big. I myself have severe issues with the game. I've seen a few symthicians on the official forums though.

From the vehicle list, I saw that there was a squad call-in which is the Pakwagen. I do not know if it is the Panzerspähwagen or the Halftrack with with a Pak. Doubt this will see any use though. I would rather like that as a map option, flag asset or something. Every call-in seems rather useless situational when compared to the V1.

Speaking of the Panzerspähwagen, I would like this one to make it into the game with it's 20mm cannon. Now this would be a good infantry support vehicle, similar to the LAV.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018, 6:16pm

@VincentNZ

Indeed most likely I am not going to buy the game with Black Ops 4 Blackout being surprisingly good. Because I grew up with DoD, a WW2 game with so many automatic weapons just make me sick. A majority of the soldiers should be carrying a BA/semi-auto rifle in a WW2 game IMO. The crazy cosmetics don't help either.

Date of registration
: Oct 4th 2018

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, October 11th 2018, 2:58pm

As always I'm most interested in ARs and there are so few of them. I hope they're at least decent. Did anyone try any of the ARs in beta?
Hi!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 11th 2018, 5:45pm

For me it's all about the vehicles and MMGs/ bipod. Most games still don't even attempt vehicles (or bipods for that matter) and just give us the same arena infantry fps I got bored with 10 years ago. After playing BC2 for the first time I could never go back.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 12th 2018, 12:21pm

As always I'm most interested in ARs and there are so few of them. I hope they're at least decent. Did anyone try any of the ARs in beta?

The STG44 was deemed the best weapon in the beta and rightfully so. Very controllable, good damage at all ranges, decent enough hipfire paired with a high (for BFV) rate of fire. Added to that it sports a semi-auto mode that works differently than before with no added spread and likely a low first shot recoil multiplier, making it also a good longish range counter-sniper weapon.
It has been nerfed for the release though, as implied in the devtalks, but the weapon mechanics are still the same, so I guess it will be in a pretty good spot on release.

The other traditional ARs will be the Volkssturmgewehr, which should work similarily but with a higher ROF, and the M1907, which is likely the Sweeper from BF1, so a low ROF automatic rifle. I predict it will be terrible.

However, if you enjoy ARs in the traditional sense of BF3 and 4, you will also like the LMGs, which work basically like the ARs of old and similar enough to the STG44. They generally have a lower ROF, and likely also worse hipfire, but they have a bipod and similar (or lower) mag capacities. Capable, but suffer from the relative uselessness of the support class at the moment.

@Hau_ruck

In the latest Dev talk they claimed to have fixed the bipod, so the animation is not bugged anymore. However, while in the animation you can still fire with full bipod benefits although your barrel is pointing somewhere in the sky. Visuals over gameplay. I'd rather have the bipod simply automatically dropping when you are on a fitting surface.
They also showed footage of the MG42, which can apparently tear down sandbag walls and also penetrate them. Gimmicky features, but I am sure it will find fans and make great gameplay videos, as we know, this is what BF is all about. It does overheat after 50 bullets I believe, which brings up a nifty quick barrel change animation, which is about ten times faster than how did it on the MG3 back in the day. If I recall correctly they said it sported a ROF of 1000, which can be upgraded via progression. I do not know if this is enough to justify their use in regular engagements, with the ADS restrictions, but everything about it sure looks phenomenal, if only from a visual POV.

With every news drop I get the feeling that the game develops it's features not solely for gameplay, but for the showcase effect it can generate.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, October 12th 2018, 10:11pm

The STG44 was deemed the best weapon in the beta and rightfully so.

FG 42 was better.

Only reason why StG was considered "OP" was because it was overused. By being the default class's default weapon...

But following BF1, people automatically assume popular = powerful.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.