Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, September 25th 2018, 10:13am

Random Bullet Deviation is still in, as can be seen by the upgrade system, which sports both accuracy improvements stationary and moving. They are available for every weapon class, too. Also it has been hinted that first shot spread increasy multiplier is back, which also means that spread increase is back, and likely that spread decrease is also releavnt again.
Combine this with low ROF and low recoil weapons and spread could be more noticeable than in BF4, hipfire spread is also worse I would say. THe only thing that they did remove was increased spread from suppression from BF3, and the negative spread multplier for LMGs from BF1 it seems.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, September 26th 2018, 2:28pm

Hey guys I missed the beta and have been relying on youtube clips for first impressions. I have a few questions if anyone could help:

1. how are LMGs compared with BF1? Do they have a unique mechanic as they did in BF1 with reverse spread?

2. Are bipods in the game and do they work like BF1's bipod?

3. is it true we will be able to construct fortifications in set places? some people have mentioned MG nests and i'm intrigued.

4. Does towing work well or is it clunky as hell? I've seen some Pak 40 footage and it looks as lethal as the field gun but with a proper crosshair sight as well. the idea of being able to position my Pak sounds great.

5. I've seen that the vehicle MGs overheat very quickly and at first I was dismayed, but from the looks of some footage it appears they can kill very quickly if you actually hit with the burst. Is this correct? I wouldn't mind a quick overheat if they get high lethality/ rof as a tradeoff. I often complained that the slow but steady MGs of BF1 weren't that great since having a slow heat build up is pointless if the enemy can always make it to cover after the first few shots. One of the few things motivating me to buy this game is the presence of the 251 halftrack, one of my favorite real life vehicles. But if the MGs are low damage and overheat immediately I might give the game a miss to save myself the frustration.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, September 26th 2018, 6:07pm

1. The LMGs in particular play similarly to the mag-fed LMGs of BF4. 31 bullets in the magazine (or less), stats similar to ARs. No special things like spread reverse. They just plain to do what is said on the tin. The MMGs (belt-fed) offer bigger magazines and likely a higher firerate (MG34, 42) but require you to go prone in order to go ADS. That is their special feature.

2. Bipods, well they are subject to change. In the alpha they worked well could be placed on a lot of surfaces with minimal effort. In the beta they screwed with the animation, which resulted in it bugging around, undeploying when slightly moving (with animation, directly redeploying etc.. That did not work very well.

3. Yes. (80 Million fortifications were built during the beta. That is a lot and there are hundreds of spots where you can build stuff on Rotterdam. They can totally seal off whole passageways and flags almost entirely, so that you can only enter from two or three spots. Technically this could be very tactical, but in the end this just means within 5 minutes every fortification at a flag is built and will stay up until the end of round. So the fortifications you used to defend a flag will be the ones working against you next time the capture flood will come this way. Machine gun nests inclusive. Although it has to be said that these stationary machine guns are not very good comapred to their BF1 counterparts.

4. I've rarely seen it in the beta, but it is doable and somebody dropped a Pak in a spot where it could reach the whole main lane. People will forget about it as well, so I had a tank repping right next to it when I spawned and killed it. But again these can be used against you a minute later. If that tank had taken the flag and somebody manned the Pakit could have locked down the home flag from there and the main road of our attacking tank.
It sounds really good until somebody tows the SAA into a ditch, or the PAK somewhere in the void. Even if you put it down tactically the tide might just swarm it and it is the enemy's. It could potentially ruin whole games as well if you have a PAK as another force multiplier somewhere up on the front. Most likely though stuff like this will be irrelevant.

5. The vehicle MGs are somewhat inconsisten as they just melt up close, but require a few hits in the distance. Probably this is balance. They do overheat fast, but there is a combat role of the support where you can fire longer, apparently. They do not seem to have spread either.
The halftrack itself is nothing to write home about. As said the damage at distance is not very good and you are a sitting duck with a very disadvantageous angle in the front AND the back. Passengers can fire with an even smaller cone, but are protected. Rifle grenades also damage that thing and the gunners directly, I think it is also possible to throw dynamite or a shot right in the cockpit killing the inhabitants, but I am not quite clear on that. So if this is really one selling point for you, I'd give that vehicle a pass. You can tow stuff with it, but it is clearly inferior the the HMMWV of BF3 and 4.

Edit: As for Bipod mechanics check out the first minute of this video and you see exactly what I was talking about: BATTLEFIELD 5 COMBAT ROLES EXPLAINED! - What Are They & How Do They Work? (BF5 Class Guide) - YouTube

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (Sep 26th 2018, 8:49pm)

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, September 27th 2018, 2:25pm

Thanks for all the great answers. I watched the vid and the Support class looks brilliant. He makes it sound like suppression is purely a visual effect this time. Is this true? It might make that 1 support specialization a bit useless. I love that the other spec can fire vehicle mounted and stationary weapons longer though.

I love that they finally limited medic's combat capability (from the looks of things anyway). It only took making the same mistake 3 games in a row :P

So can all these fortifications like sandbags etc be destroyed? You said they end up there for the whole game but i assume they can be blown up.

Oh and btw do we have a full vehicle list anywhere or hasn't it been released yet? I heard there's going to be a Staghound AC in the game and i'm not sure if it will be counted as a light tank or if it means we'll get armoured cars as their own class. I want an SDKFZ 222 so bad.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, September 27th 2018, 4:04pm

Well as far as I know suppression is visual and it applies a kind of reddish frame around the opponent, but I do not know how long it will last or what else it does. From personal beta experience though I can tell you that there the support class was plain useless, not because the combat ability was bad, but the Assault had the better weapon with the STG 44, their mag-fed LMGs did not have the suppressive role and the teamplay role/gadget was redundant with an ammo crate being at every flag. Hence it was the least played class in beta.

I am not so sure about the combat ability of he medic. 3 out 4 SMGs play roughly the same, having a firerate of 550ish and very controllable, while dropping to min damage really fast. The fourth one though, the Suomi, offered (upgraded) a 55 round magazine (more than the MG34 from the alpha, I believe), with BF4 MX4 recoil stats I would say. That is outstanding because it covers every niche including filling the role of a suppressive firearm without the downside of not being able to go prone.
Yeah the rest of the SMGs are horrible and the TTK is way too long, the hipfire is nothing to write home about and the non-existant recoil makes spread really noticeable. I am not on board with the limiting combat ability on the one class that keeps a team going. Also keep in mind that the medic is the only one that will be at full health on every engagement.

Yes the fortifications can be destroyed, I know dynamite works for barbed wire, I do not think the grenade laucnher does though. Panzerfaust might work as well, but as you are so limited with your ammo and surely are not at a crate when attacking a flag it is quite costly to tear them down. And it only takes three seconds to put them back up. Nobody seemed to bother with them but they were a clear nuisance. On Rotterdam flags C and D come in mind. C is a courtyard with three hallways that can be blocked off. You might just as well put have solid walls in there, as these are not going away.
D is basically a ruined house on a corner where you can wall off the entire outside so that noone can enter from there. There you could have just built a complete house and the effect would have been the same. Thing is, these are not defenses, but basically walls you can put in place so players can not jump them. It is not like you are creating a fortification and it works as meaningful cover from the attacking team. Mostly.
In between there are where you can place tankstoppers, stationaries and actual defenses, but this is where the tanks drive through so you won't see that a lot. Also it makes little sense because the Conquest Meta is still the capture tide and the fortifications work for you and against you within 5 minutes.

We do not have a full vehicle list as of yet. However we have two factions at launch with the brits and the Wehrmacht and we know what vehicle classes there will be. So there are light, medium and heavy tanks. There was a devtalk video which covered most tanks though. So there is the Panzer 38(t), Panzer IV and the Tiger as tanks for Wehrmacht as well as the Sturmtiger as squad spawnable vehicle. The Ostwind will be used as the MAA and the transport the kfz251, as mentioned. For brits I do not know the full list, but the Valentine will be in as both a tank and a (fictional) MAA. The Churchill Crocodile is the squad spawn. I also thought there was the Cromwell, and I there is a screen with a burned out archer, although this could just be a map asset.
Here is the link: Battlefield V Dev Talks: Open Beta Feedback - Attrition, Visibility, Vehicles and more - YouTube From the mark 12:36 they talk about vehicles.

Hau_ruck

Tow me daddy!

(1,090)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 28th 2018, 10:53am

A few more questions I can't seem to find answers to:

1. Do we know if support will have a mortar like in BF1?

2. Do enemies appear on the minimap when they shoot or are we sticking with BF1's (awesome imo) system or relying on eyes and ears?

3. was headglitching present in the beta? BF4 got rid of it, then it was briefly back in in bf1 before they got rid of it again. I'm hoping dice won't have to keep fixing the same problems with every entry in the series.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 28th 2018, 11:45am

1. As from what I read on the forums it is confirmend that the release version will have no Mortars. Reasons are speculative, but I guess that indirect fire gagdets have a bad reputation with many players. Although I think the game really needs this.

2. Personal spotting from Q was basically completely removed from the game. There is the spotting flare though, wich works similar to BF1s, as well as the recon's spotting scope which automatically spots all targets aimed at both 3D for the recon and 2D for the teammates. Otherwise you will solely have to rely on visuals and audio, two things that have proven to be very unreliable both in BF1 and BFV. For me to see enemies I efficiently I had to crank up the brightness to 100%, which was a huge strain, and audio was too buggy and inconsistent to rely upon.
Additionally I can see that the spotting that made it to the game can be totally abused. I actually do not see the need for the class with the high-power scopes to have automatic 3D spotting, and I had a mate on Narvik covering me while I was in a house. Suddenly everyone around my house just lit up, which constructed a huge balance problem, when compared to BF4. In BFV the minimap is useless, and nobody is ever spotted, until you suddenly are and you die because of it and have no clue how. In BF4 spotting was generally a think that happened naturally and actively so you were sort of aware of it.
Then the spot flare is a support tool apparently at the moment, which could provided permanent spot of an area creating the same effect. Although I believe that they changed the mechanic so that it only works in the air or something along these lines.

3. I did not notice any headglitching, which is usually an issue of certain cover heights as well as the camera. I would not say it is out, but I certainly haven't found an example.

Also in light of fortifications, they explained in the latest AMA that the grenade launcher will be able to dispose of sandbags and barbed wire. I do not know if that is going to be used, as the ammo is scarce and the damage to enemies is miniscule. Like 60 with a straight headshot.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,325)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, September 28th 2018, 12:28pm

BF4 got rid of it, then it was briefly back in in bf1 before they got rid of it again.

I don't recall this.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.